The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard build for doing Dailies?

Kilokov

Hey all!

I've been away from this game for pretty much 2 years now, and a lot has changed in that time period, so forgive me if I have any wrong assumptions here.

Basically, I'm planning on running my level 50 Vanguard (full Rakata gear), on the Dailies to start making credits (and level up to 55, I think), and to get back into the swing of things. I was wondering what's the "best" (as subjective as that may be) build for clearing the dailies quickly, easily, and efficiently? Tank, Tactics, Assault, Hybrid?

Thanks!

Hey all!

I've been away from this game for pretty much 2 years now, and a lot has changed in that time period, so forgive me if I have any wrong assumptions here.

Basically, I'm planning on running my level 50 Vanguard (full Rakata gear), on the Dailies to start making credits (and level up to 55, I think), and to get back into the swing of things. I was wondering what's the "best" (as subjective as that may be) build for clearing the dailies quickly, easily, and efficiently? Tank, Tactics, Assault, Hybrid?

Thanks!

Well the Hybrid is gone, so depending on how many mobs there are both tactics and assault rip through them pretty damn quickly. In end game situations though, Assault is better single target damage while tactics is better AoE (Assault is also getting a huge buff next update). Oh and dont hesitate to still get a tank set - especially if you can get treek (Tank + DPS is really good at running dailies cause all the mobs tend to bunch up on the tank to be mortar volleyed or flamethrowered to death)

Which one would you say is the "best" for just going through Dailies quickly and efficiently? What is the general nature of the dailies, large mobs to cluster up and then nuke, strong targets to DPS down, etc? Or are all the builds now all pretty balanced when it comes to running Dailies?

I'm definitely still planning on getting a tank set, as I used to tank, and I want to get back into it eventually. :)

So if I go back to a tank, build and take Treek along as a DPS companion, I can finish Dailies quickly?

Sorry for all the questions haphazardly slapped back together. It's like I was frozen in time, then woke up in a future where everything is almost the same, but not quite!

Which one would you say is the "best" for just going through Dailies quickly and efficiently? What is the general nature of the dailies, large mobs to cluster up and then nuke, strong targets to DPS down, etc? Or are all the builds now all pretty balanced when it comes to running Dailies?

I'm definitely still planning on getting a tank set, as I used to tank, and I want to get back into it eventually. :)

So if I go back to a tank, build and take Treek along as a DPS companion, I can finish Dailies quickly?

Sorry for all the questions haphazardly slapped back together. It's like I was frozen in time, then woke up in a future where everything is almost the same, but not quite!

Haha no worries.

Depending on the daily zone, either AoE or Burst is required, so I found that both specs do about equal for running dailies.

Treek, sadly, doesnt work as a DPS companion, but is an amazing tank and the best healer out there, making her great for running dailies when in a dps set or soloing heroic content. If you want to get through dailies quickly while tanking, your best bet would be to put your dps set on Aric Jorgan (Screw Assault Cannons). Its times like these I envy PTs with Blizz, the amazing tank/dps companion who uses all their gear.

Ahhh, I gotcha. I misread your comment about the tank set, and didn't realize you meant to put it on Treek haha!

Guess I'll have to play around with both Assault and Tactics then, and see which one fits me more. I remember liking Assault a lot more.