Subtly corrupted Vette

Basically we have 3-ish options for Vette currently:

• HI I'M REALLY EVIL YOU CAN SEE THIS BECAUSE I'M VERY RED (2, 4)
  • Hey I'm a confident well-adjusted hipster (O, 1, 5, 6, 7, 8)
  • hi im really cute and innocent (3, CRC)
  • OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE (Rakghoul)

I would really, really, really, really, really like a subtle compromise between options #1 (corrupt) and #2 (hipster). So, a corrupt hipster.

The idea is that you're a Bad Influence™ on little Vette over the course of your adventures, and it should begin to show, but not enough to make her spontaneously turn into a red-skinned demon from Hell (especially since that's my job, look to your left).

See my 30-second Photoshop example:

http://imgur.com/efemZkf

I would very likely buy an entire hypercrate just for the stupid bloody Nightlife Sexy Gratuity Corporation, LLC vendor rep if it had a Vette like this on it.

KEEP HER BLUE THOUGH.

No blue = No deal! My Vette is blue!

TY for enjoying another SWDN ramble, and good day. :)

The problem with #8 customizations that are normally prettier than the rest of them, is that they are locked out on Ilum. For the first companion, making a run for Ilum... HARSH. I had to go with my second fav on Riggs (still regret it), and never ended up customizing Zenith because of it (and because Zenith default is awesome). Even getting Mal's from Taris (iirc) straight of Balmorra was an adventure. Fleet, please?

All the overlays should be available on the Fleet, really. So you can do customization right away.

For Vette, I actually like the red one myself, but I will support more custom overlays or customization options for any companion, because it doesn't matter which companion, it's the systemic inflexibility and cloning that are my pet peeve.

Edited by DomiSotto

I wholeheartedly agree. Having to waste credits traveling the expanses of the Galaxy just to buy a companion customization overlay is ridiculous. Not even being able to do so until completing your home world planet (Drommund Kaas or Coruscant as the case may be) and have access to a personal ship, is infuriating. Especially when even WITH one of the 3 free options for your first companion, you still see so many players with the exact same Vette, Corso, Mako, T7, Khem, Aric, Kalyio or Qyzen as what you have. The whole idea of customizations is so that doesn't happen. Or at least not as often. And that is just first companions. We don't even get a free option with any of the others yet some of us still go out and buy a new overlay for a favorite companion that is not our first companion for that character, just to have one that is at least a little more unique. I personally have purchased new overlays for both Ashara and Vector on Imperial side, and plan to buy a new Elara for my Trooper (but haven't yet due to the inconvience of traveling to Balmorra from Tatooine just to get the overlay.)

I propose two things: (1) Create a specialized vendor on each fleet that sells customizations exclusively, including the overlays that require reputation points. This would satisfy those who are happy with the currently available variety.

(2) For those who are willing to pay the Cartel Coins to do so, a companion customization station, with a large variety of options (my opinion is as many as for a player character) so you can truly customize the look of your companion. Perhaps a pay as you customize option that will take the overlay you are currently using, and will allow you to change as little as, say hair color or hairstyle for a lesser fee, and the more things you change, the higher the cost. These stations could be located on the fleet and the capital world of each faction. Personally, I feel the pay as you go option would make a fair amount of money. Like my aforementioned Vector overlay, I would be willing to pay a small fee of Cartel Coins to just change the hair color.

Anyway, just my personal opinion and option suggestions.

Red skin doesn't mean evil just because Darth Talon happened to be evil. You want a "corrupted" Vette, she needs to be white in this game, as that's what apparently happens to twi'leks when they go dark side (which apparently means as much as she was a Sith, Darth Talon was not dark side or else she resisted the corruption well) But, the markings on Vette are a bit odd, as those are like the ones that Darth Talon has, which are Sith tattoos... so um... apparently if you use that customization your warrior decided to give his little slave girl Sith tattoos? Edited by AbsolutGrndZero