The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dyes!

It'd be great to see a less onerous dye system. After talking with folks in-game, complaints about dyes seem to be high on most folks' lists. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Make dyes reusable. This means players can update their looks more easily without completely gutting the market for future dye sales.

2. Make dyes add to collections. We do it for everything else, why not dyes?

3. Make dyes all either primary or secondary, and put primary/secondary slots on items. This allows players to create their own matches and combinations.

By onerous you mean expensive, I take it.

Most players would regard having to constantly buy the same item again and again as onerous, particularly when every other modification out there can be removed and reused for an extraction fee, and almost every cartel item is one that adds to collections such that for a one-time CC payment, you can use it without limitation. And when you consider the importance many players place on customization - a feature that BW has had to play catch-up on since day one - yes, I think 'onerous' is the right word.

Anything else you'd like to contribute? Maybe you can search out some more of my threads for your petty comments. :)

And it has nothing to do with the fact that white and black is more or less expensive, right? You guys are doing this 500 times a day, for it to become onerous, or once in a blue moon, for ONE new chest piece?

You will have to forgive me for not seeing onerous a task that involves at the very pessimistic point of view a ONE dye change per month.

Perhaps, as I said, you are trying to mask as onerous an idea that is most exclusively about the money, or how would you like to avoid spending 3 mils each time you want an all black chest piece.

Edited by Styxx

Do that, and Artifice crafting skill might as well be shelved for being pointless waste of time. CM already cut down on its usefulness via crystals.

well other than hilts and enhancements i've pretty much given up on artifice crafting. Mats don't sell much anymore. I used to make a pretty good penny playing market buying treasurehunting missions for corusca/mytag gems and gifts. Now its not even worth the effort.

crafting really needs an influx, and hoping strongholds will help.

As for OP think of it this way. If I paint my house and want to a) move b) change the color I can't simply pull the paint off the walls and add it to a new home or use it on a different house. I wash my socks with my red towels, no amount of washing is going to get that color out. Why should this be any different, you know full well with full disclosure that using a dye is permanent. so you either spend the money knowing that, or you don't

Yes, dyes is the only thing that my artificer can sell. Otherwise I keep her as enhancement crafter for the crew. Once in a while I sell enhancements. Hilts are a wash. RE'ing them is a pain by some reason, and nobody buys them.

And, yes, fingers crossed artifice gets something stronghold-related, like placeable crystal decorations. Instead of crystals we've lost.

Yes, dyes is the only thing that my artificer can sell. Otherwise I keep her as enhancement crafter for the crew. Once in a while I sell enhancements. Hilts are a wash. RE'ing them is a pain by some reason, and nobody buys them.

And, yes, fingers crossed artifice gets something stronghold-related, like placeable crystal decorations. Instead of crystals we've lost.

pick a different profession.

Once the CM crystals hit the market everyone should have dumped Artificer for something more useful if you wanted to make money.

pick a different profession.

Once the CM crystals hit the market everyone should have dumped Artificer for something more useful if you wanted to make money.

like synthweaving..oh wait..maybe armormech...nope armstech?

Unless crafting end game modifications, crafting has taken a severe hit outright. At least some colors of dye are only available from crafters, albeit some of the least used ones.

I have all 6 crafters, it makes playing more efficient. I am okay with just crafting my own gear, but I do like making a little credits as well for niceties. Dyes are fine source of income for an unambitious player. In other words, making a 10-20 thou rather than hundreds of thou on an item sale. Edited by DomiSotto