The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Invisible hand armor

Hello,

I'm a bit grumpy by now because of no invisible hand armor being available through the Cartel Market - or only for unbelievable prices on the GTN.

However, invisible torso armor can be acquired relatively easily - compared to other parts of invisible armor.

And that - although torso armor can be have as a 1-piece set, so to say, invisible hand armor not.

What I mean with this is that the invisible torso armor can be unlocked either through a complete set (well, more or less "complete", since it doesn't contain *everything* possible) or as one torso piece,

the invisible hand armor just cannot be unlocked this way.

I don't like this because of one strong point : It adds immersion to have invisible hand armor.

No-one is wearing gloves all of the time, especially not in RL, except workers. In the Star Wars movies, people usually don't wear gloves all of the time as well, not even Jedi Luke Skywalker. Or Qui-Gon Jinn, for example. They just don't protect their hands through gloves.

Another point is that giving SWTOR player characters arm bracers is often pointless, because gloves are too often so big that they just pull over the bracers so that the bracers just cannot be seen anymore. So, judging from a "look" perspective, giving player characters arm bracers is often pointless because they cannot be seen anyway. Gloves obscure them.

So, what I'm finally suggesting is to give the Cartel Market invisible (glove-like) armor for hands that can be unlocked through the Collection as 1 piece, similar to the Lobot-like headgear, which is also 1 piece.

I hope I could make myself clear, since English isn't my first language. And sorry for the mess ... err ... grammar. ;)

Alrik

I paid 3 mils for Mira`s set. While we can debate about the price, the fact still stands - I had the money and the will, so I made it happen.

I don`t think it is nice to not work for your stuff. Maybe you don`t deserve that set, after all.

I also don`t think Bioware should dedicate ONE second of even thinking about spending man hours to change a system, simply because someone is unwilling to buy the missing piece to finish the set.

Edited by Styxx

Just keep playing through the game, preferably crafting along the way. 200k is not that much at all.

In the meantime, I would recommend the able/skilled hunter gauntlets from the new starfighter pack. The gloves in this set are very minimalist, and should do the trick until you can get the covert energy set in collections (only cost like 5k cred for me on GTN)

I don't mean to be "that person", but 200k for Covert Gloves is really cheap, both for that item, and for a CM item in general, and just for SWTOR in general.

I mean honestly 200k is pocket change.

Is it... not pocket change? For some people? With even dailies, the lowest-common-denominator of MMO income, providing 200k in no time flat?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the issue here. The item you want is available, and inexpensive. Isn't that a good thing?

So, what I'm finally suggesting is to give the Cartel Market invisible (glove-like) armor for hands that can be unlocked through the Collection as 1 piece, similar to the Lobot-like headgear, which is also 1 piece.
Also wait, Covert Hands is unlocked as one piece.

Did you ever look at your Collections interface? :confused: I mean I'm looking at my Collections window right now, and "Covert Energy Gloves" is its own individual unlock on Page 10 of the Armor category.

I don't mean to be "that person", but 200k for Covert Gloves is really cheap, both for that item, and for a CM item in general, and just for SWTOR in general.

No. 200 k is expensive in my opinion. I just don't have that money, simply because I'm not playing the game for in-game money. I twice or 3 times got over the 1 Million border within this almost 1 1/2 year I'm playing now. That's all.

I'm spending a LOT of money for craftiong missions, for complete sets I want - yet I still only have very few - for repair costs etc. ...

I hardly ever buy ANYTHING beginning with 100.00 I must have a very good reason to do so. And I simply refuse to buy anything that is too expensive in my opinion. Like gloves, for example.

Also wait, Covert Hands is unlocked as one piece.

Did you ever look at your Collections interface? :confused: I mean I'm looking at my Collections window right now, and "Covert Energy Gloves" is its own individual unlock on Page 10 of the Armor category.

Not that I knew of. And I often look into my Collection. And I ONLY find the torso armor there - OR the complete set.

I might have overlooked it, but not finding it was the reason why I was posting this thread in the first place.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

200k IS really cheap and very fast if you would run one daily set, or two.

Your unwillingness to buy the gloves doesn`t ask for a change in game mechanics, I`m afraid, just as it won`t change the +41 power crystals that sell for over 1 mil :) .You either gamble real money for THAT particular drop, or you work a little and earn 200k. You choice, in the end.