Gold farmer circumventing the "report as spam" option.

Khevar

Just now, on Imperial Fleet by the GTN on Begeren Colony, a gold farming bot/player spammed a buy credits with cash ad using /yell.

Right-clicking on the name didn't give the option of "Report as Spam" or "Ignore"

Edited by Khevar

That's impossible, you must have seen it wrong. If a player is too far away from you, you see the regular "Invite to Group, Whiser, Ignore, Add to friends list, Report spam" window.

However, what I believe happened here is that this player was close enough to you that you got the more detailed window where you can also inspect gear and achievements. In that case, you can still ignore and report spam, but those options are under "Additional commands", not on the main window.

This is working as intended and not bugged.

That's impossible, you must have seen it wrong. If a player is too far away from you, you see the regular "Invite to Group, Whiser, Ignore, Add to friends list, Report spam" window.

However, what I believe happened here is that this player was close enough to you that you got the more detailed window where you can also inspect gear and achievements. In that case, you can still ignore and report spam, but those options are under "Additional commands", not on the main window.

This is working as intended and not bugged.

I didn't see the other player (lotsa toons clustered around GTN) so I'm not sure how close they were.

But right-clicking on a name in general chat gives two quick choices for ignore and report spam.

Are you saying that if the player is using /yell, then those two choices are disabled by design?

Edited by Khevar