DoT tracking

eatmydeece

Im more than certain this has been brought up many times already but i would love some way to distinguish the DoTs applied by players on a target.

8man operations isnt so bad but when you do 16man.... its a pain.

some specs have it easy because it fits into their rotation easily, but others have to reapply when the DoT drops and they dont really fit into the rotation as much because of a more priority based rotation.

and when some DoTs share the same icon: rupture, retractable blade, vital shot......

My suggestions:

1) the DoTs that are applied by you, the icon on the target is outlined in a certain colour.

or

2) DoTs applied by other players are a bit more transparent than yours

or

3) DoTs applied by other players are greyed out (similar to the weakened corrosive mine/vital shot)

Edited by eatmydeece

Absolutely has been suggested many times before.

Absolutely is still very much needed.

As far as what visual clues are given as to which buffs/debuffs originated from us, I'd be open to however they decided to show it. Outlines, dim/brightness, grayed put, etc.

I proposed somewhere else something to this effect, but going a bit further - UI tab, with personal customizable buffs / debuffs.

It`s main goal is to help keep track of procs and actual debuffs on the boss. Why UI tab? Because I can move it in a position that is suitable for me, instead of moving whole name bars and make a mess of my existing UI.

Edited by Styxx

I proposed somewhere else something to this effect, but going a bit further - UI tab, with personal customizable buffs / debuffs.

It`s main goal is to help keep track of procs and actual debuffs on the boss. Why UI tab? Because I can move it in a position that is suitable for me, instead of moving whole name bars and make a mess of my existing UI.

I think the whole UI needs a rework.

Not that its bad but Is it just me or does it seem to be a bigger drain on resources than it should be?

The game runs so much smoother with it turned off :rak_02:

I think the whole UI needs a rework.

Not that its bad but Is it just me or does it seem to be a bigger drain on resources than it should be?

The game runs so much smoother with it turned off :rak_02:

Not sure it is the UI though, the engine itself seems to struggle with rendering text.

And yes players should have the ability to sort, filter, highlight and position dots, buffs, debuffs, and procs in a way that best suits their play style, class, and role. Having them all tied to a target frame, only displayed as icons, with no way to sort or filter, is just very poor UI design.

For what we should expect, see the myriad of mods on Curse.com for WoW, Rift, and other MMOs which have APIs for UI mods which allow players extensive options to customize the display of basic game data.

Even if we never get an API for UI mods (though that would be my preference), adding similar flexibility and customization as mods provide in similar games would vastly improve the current UI.

Edited by DawnAskham