Pretty sure there is no more minimum range on sensors

Verain

Running on newb ships, I've seen enemies that I know are in a spot fade out and then draw back in as I get close, and that draw in isn't until the 14s or so- and that's sensor focus range too.

So I'm pretty sure that sensors work as listed, without any rigging- or if there is a min, it's something else.

We've been talking about this since patch, but this is what I figure is going on.

Well, ****. That is not OK. It should not be possible for someone to shoot you if you can't see them.

That seems reasonable to me. There's plenty of counters, and the max available dampening is wildly low.

So if I'm understanding right that means the previous restrictions that prevented dampening from making someone invisible to sensors under 15K has been lifted?

Suddenly the sensor component on Type 3 strikers looks much more worthwhile than I initially thought...

Note that this isn't some PTR thing- this is what I'm seeing on live. Feel free to test if you disagree. The sky is falling stuff is totally out of line if I'm correct, because the game has been like this for weeks and nothing bad has happened.

Note that this isn't some PTR thing- this is what I'm seeing on live. Feel free to test if you disagree. The sky is falling stuff is totally out of line if I'm correct, because the game has been like this for weeks and nothing bad has happened.

ya its 15K what you hit was the usual server lag. You were inside 15k for him but not registered on your side by a fraction of a second the moment inside of 14.9 you probably saw him. Thats happened to me a few times. Its why dapening is worth taking.

I can try to test this, but I've seen this kind of behavior:

1- bandit (my target) at 14800 destroys scout between me and him

2- can no longer see bandit

3- boost closer, can see bandit at 14100

I'll probably need a real test, where I go against a friend in a strike with Doctor Lokin or w/e, with known facing, and approach him way off to the side and see when he can see me.

I can try to test this, but I've seen this kind of behavior:

1- bandit (my target) at 14800 destroys scout between me and him

2- can no longer see bandit

3- boost closer, can see bandit at 14100

I'll probably need a real test, where I go against a friend in a strike with Doctor Lokin or w/e, with known facing, and approach him way off to the side and see when he can see me.

You know that it is not instant the moment you hit the magical range, right? The game checks every so often to update people (and throw lag into the equation) with what they see and where it all is.

My guesstimate is that it updates about once per second.