Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Players opinion: Where the Classes stand right now...

Malckiah

Please use this format and put (in your opinion) where you feel each Advanced class is right now. You can of course add more details and specifics as to why you feel that way. This is a very basic format to build on: I am using a very simple 1-10 rating scale:

(1-underpowered. (laughable)

4- weak (I wouldn't play because of this)

7- minimum allowable (meh...needs help)

8- decent (I am ok with it)

9- nice (just right)

10-Overpowered)

If you don't know about a class very well just leave it blank. To give each advanced class the same fighting chance.... pick one spec in particular to base it off of..... so as an example: If I feel that the Gunnery tree for Commando is the best tree for dps....I would rate the Commando by that tree for dps.

Commando/Mercenary

Heals:

Heals survivability:

Dps: 7

Dps survivability: 8, but in ranked pvp 5

Details: Since I mainly pvp, I would like to be viable in ranked, which unfortunately is not an option right now due to survivability under heavy focus fire.

Vanguard/Powertech

Tank survivability:

Tank dps:

Tank Aggro:

Dps:

Dps survivability:

Details: I played this, but not enough lately to be able to rank it.

Sage/Sorcerer

Dps: 9

Dps survivability: 9

Heals:

Heals survivability:

Details: I think the survivability is good if you use the mechanics correctly.

Shadow/Assassin

Tank survivability:

Tank dps:

Tank Aggro:

Dps survivability: 10

Details: This is a hard class to master, but those who have always top out the charts in dps.

Sentinel/Marauder

Dps survivability: 8

Details: Easy high dps and somehow they survive pretty well.

Gunslinger/Sniper

Dps: 8

Dps survivability: 8

Details:

Scoundrel/Operative

Dps survivability: 7

Heals:

Heals survivability:

Details:

Guardian/Juggernaut

Tank survivability:

Tank dps:

Tank Aggro:

Dps survivability: 9

Details: These guys are really overpowered right now... I listed them though at 9 because I have not been playing mine lately.

I know this has flaws, but it is meant to be very basic. Remember there are no right or wrong answers....it's just your opinion. Have fun!

I think all of them are doing fine enough to play.

Sure, but there is a reason you play one class more than another. There are classes I would like to play a lot more but do not for one reason or another.

Sure, but there is a reason you play one class more than another. There are classes I would like to play a lot more but do not for one reason or another.

Pick a story you want to play, and pick something you havn't tried yet, super simple. If you are picking a class specifically based on others opinions on whether it is OP in PVP or Operations then you are missing out on something.

The best class to play is the one that you enjoy playing and matches your play style.

One persons OP PVP class is another players nerfed PVE Operations class.

If you don't plan on playing in ranked PVP or nightmare mode operations (which is probably about 85% of the server populations) then it really doesnt' matter how they are "ranked"

You either enjoy it or not.

Why you would limit yourself to not playing a class or at least trying it is beyond me.

Edited by DOHboy

I play based on how I feel when I log in. I harbor no ill will or favortisim to any one character.

1 Assasin in the top 100 DPS rankings on TORParse. It's a jack of all trades class for sure, but its been nerfed so much that it's positively feeble in most departments and only has 1 viable DPS tree. Madness is a huge waste, Darkness doesn't have the DPS other tank specs do, which leaves Deception which requires a lot of luck and timing to ensure your burst isn't kak.

Even though my main is a slinger, I HOPE they get nerfed soon and the proposed buffs to Sin's are actually half decent.

Pick a story you want to play, and pick something you havn't tried yet, super simple. If you are picking a class specifically based on others opinions on whether it is OP in PVP or Operations then you are missing out on something.

The best class to play is the one that you enjoy playing and matches your play style.

One persons OP PVP class is another players nerfed PVE Operations class.

If you don't plan on playing in ranked PVP or nightmare mode operations (which is probably about 85% of the server populations) then it really doesnt' matter how they are "ranked"

You either enjoy it or not.

Why you would limit yourself to not playing a class or at least trying it is beyond me.

Well this sounds nice, but doesn't work unfortunately...you see my Commando is my main and the one I enjoy playing the most.... but what I like doing in the game is ranked pvp..... the two do not mix..... which is why I created this thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.