The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Battle of the Droids. HK-47 VS. IG-88

As a character, I prefer HK-47, who I'm a massive fan of., and TBH I've always though that I Think Therefore I Am was rather silly. But the evidence in IG-88s favor is overwhelming. He was simply the superior killing machine.

HK vs 4-LOM would be more fair in my personal opinion.

Perhaps....though 4-LOM is more of a tag partner kinda guy with Zuckuss, abit I don't know everything about 4-LOM though so he may have done some impressive solo stuff.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth......programmed to killed Jedi, which I might add, is completely USELESS in this fight, not to mention I don't think HK has killed any notable Jedi, it's all been just stating that he could, not that he hasn't, even if he has there isn't any actual records, just off panel things. Which really given IG-88's adaptability, he could probably do the same anyway in regards to that.

But stealth(which is useless as I noted in a previous post of mine) and programmed to kill Jedi(which is not applicable in this fight at all).

Everything else?

Strength- IG-88

Programming- IG-88

Sensors- IG-88

Durability- IG-88

Speed- IG-88

Reflexes- IG-88

Weaponry- IG-88

Designed and noted by source in being built as the Ultimate Assassin Droid- IG-88

Start from scratch silly folks.

Strengh for a droid is irrelevant, they are built and dont require muscles.

Programming, I already posted HK-47 superior and apparently time withstanding Assasin protocol.

Sensors: Then Again which ones? Targetting? Detection? which sensors?

Durability: HK.47 lived to tell the tale, IG88 was taken out of service permanently.

Speed: IG88 is faster, but HK-47 is smarter.

Reflexes: HK-47

Weaponry: Equal as they are fighting in same time period.

Best Assasin Droid ever produced: HK.47 period.

Start from scratch silly folks.

Strengh for a droid is irrelevant, they are built and dont require muscles.

Programming, I already posted HK-47 superior and apparently time withstanding Assasin protocol.

Sensors: Then Again which ones? Targetting? Detection? which sensors?

Durability: HK.47 lived to tell the tale, IG88 was taken out of service permanently.

even fighting in the same time period, each has their prefered arsenal. In this regard IG-88 has the better arsenal.

Prove it. So far, I haven't seen it.

That makes literally no sense. So someone who wasn't killed is incapable of being killed? Does this go for Yoda, who only died of old age? How about R2-D2? I guess R2 would take IG out, too, huh?

That somehow makes him smarter? Oh, and how is HK smarter?

How's that now?

The weaponry that they used is not equal, though. I'm certain that IG has a much wider variety of weapons than HK.

Also, if you are referring to the tech rule, that's a Kaggath creation. And Beni, when he posted, did not imply that his rule applied to a thread that he did not create.

Statistically unlikely. So far you have failed to provide any convincing evidence.

So I'll ask, will you provide evidence for your claims? The IG folks have.

Prove it. So far, I haven't seen it.

Here is HK-47 programming on more advanced models:

"Mockery: Am I all right? Oh, yes, Master, why, I am fine. Statement: I mean, I have only just been re-activated, only to find that there are sub-standard duplicates of me running all over the galaxy, corroding my good name. But if they are, in fact, hunting you, then I look forward to the opportunity to meet these units—and educate them in proper assassination protocols."

―HK-47, to Meetra Surik, upon learning of the HK-50 units

That makes literally no sense. So someone who wasn't killed is incapable of being killed? Does this go for Yoda, who only died of old age? How about R2-D2? I guess R2 would take IG out, too, huh?

I meant HK-47 avoided permanent out of service status, which means he is valueable and that he can withstand time and prove his programming is up-to-date every time.

That somehow makes him smarter? Oh, and how is HK smarter?

Smarter as actually using strategy in combat.

How's that now?]

You make no sense now.

The weaponry that they used is not equal, though. I'm certain that IG has a much wider variety of weapons than HK.

Thats your opinion, HK-47 versatility in his arsenal makes him better, IG88 carries the same arsenal every time.

Also, if you are referring to the tech rule, that's a Kaggath creation. And Beni, when he posted, did not imply that his rule applied to a thread that he did not create.

Most star wars fan go by this rule, that why ships, weapons and droids of different eras prove to be useful in the future.

Statistically unlikely. So far you have failed to provide any convincing evidence.

The evidence is posted.

So I'll ask, will you provide evidence for your claims? The IG folks have.

Ill go ahead and ask you in return, what can IG88 do that HK-47 cant do?

Edited by ZahirS

Here is HK-47 programming on more advanced models:

Wow, that's not even kind of useful. Although it does show HK's inflated ego.

I meant HK-47 avoided permanent out of service status, which means he is valueable and that he can withstand time and prove his programming is up-to-date every time.

That doesn't make him any tougher in combat. It just means people keep bringing him back from the scrap heap.

Smarter as actually using strategy in combat.

And IG doesn't? Pretty sure he does.

You make no sense now.

My genius has baffled you, I see. I'll ask again: how does HK have superior reaction speed to IG-88?

Thats your opinion, HK-47 versatility in his arsenal makes him better, IG88 carries the same arsenal every time.

List his weaponry.

Most star wars fan go by this rule, that why ships, weapons and droids of different eras prove to be useful in the future.

I have not seen this.

The evidence is posted.

Point me to it.

Ill go ahead and ask you in return, what can IG88 do that HK-47 cant do?

IG-88 took control of an entire planet without setting foot on it, hacked the Executor, and became the Death Star. HK has not displayed this level of hacking ability.

I'll leave weaponry and various other nuances to Wolf.

Wow, that's not even kind of useful. Although it does show HK's inflated ego.

Opinion not fact, because HK 47 defeated those HK 50 units.

That doesn't make him any tougher in combat. It just means people keep bringing him back from the scrap heap.

Again Opinion, each time he comes back he proves to be a menace of that time.

And IG doesn't? Pretty sure he does.

Nope.

My genius has baffled you, I see. I'll ask again: how does HK have superior reaction speed to IG-88?

I said IG88 has better speed that HK, your not reading the posts just posting bluff.

List his weaponry.

Sure, Any Heavy Weapon and Granades and equipment.

I have not seen this.

Examples, the VoidStar, the Millenium Facon, RD-D2, a lightsaber....

Point me to it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=739113&page=4

IG-88 took control of an entire planet without setting foot on it, hacked the Executor, and became the Death Star. HK has not displayed this level of hacking ability.

I'll leave weaponry and various other nuances to Wolf.

ON the link I posted, I said HK doesnt require hacking even less hacking a doomed spacestation, he usually solves his problems through combat.

Edited by ZahirS

IG-88 has the following weaponry...

- BlasTech DLT-20A Blaster Rifle

- Flamethrower

- Pulse Cannon

- DAS-430 launcher

- Sonic Stunners

- Thermal Detonators

- Butcher Vibroblade

- Concussion Grenades

- Various Gases

- Paralysis Cord

- Radiation Grenades

and other things.

HK only has used the Droid Assassin's Rifle, everything else that he has used is just from the player equipping him in the Kotor games(which is game mechanics and doesn't count as legit equipment). He has used other weapons as shown in SWTOR, namely a flamethrower and thermal detonators, but that's really it.

Those won't really help him against IG-88 who again is faster, has superior reflexes, agility, and so on.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

IG-88 has the following weaponry...

- BlasTech DLT-20A Blaster Rifle

- Flamethrower

- Pulse Cannon

- DAS-430 launcher

- Sonic Stunners

- Thermal Detonators

- Butcher Vibroblade

- Concussion Grenades

- Various Gases

- Paralysis Cord

- Radiation Grenades

and other things.

HK only has used the Droid Assassin's Rifle, everything else that he has used is just from the player equipping him in the Kotor games(which is game mechanics and doesn't count as legit equipment). He has used other weapons as shown in SWTOR, namely a flamethrower and thermal detonators, but that's really it.

Those won't really help him against IG-88 who again is faster, has superior reflexes, agility, and so. The Pulse Cannon alone is all IG-88 really needs as that thing is destructive.

All this countered by a simple thing HK uses mainly:

Shield, Stealth and Sniper combined with plasma torpedoes from the time of IG88, just like Dash Rendar did it but more efficiently.

Also this is the correct weapinry used by IG88, which doesnt matter HK is superior in the ways that matter.

G-88's primary weapon was a BlasTech DLT-20A blaster rifle. Other weapons included the following:

• Flamethrower
  • Pulse cannon
  • DAS-430 electromagnetic projectile launcher
  • Repeating blaster
  • Sonic stunner
  • Paralysis cord
  • Poison gas
  • Trilon gas
  • Thermal detonators
  • Needle dart gun
  • Butcher vibroblade
  • Concussion grenade
  • Throwing flechettes
  • Trifaraleen gas
  • Wide-dispersal radiation grenades
  • Computer input port
  • Broadband antenna
  • Blaster reflective palms
  • Heat and motion sensors
  • Highly advanced trackers
  • Acid-proof servo wires
  • Armor nearly impenetrable from external attack
  • Cutting laser in finger on right arm
  • Extremely fast reflexes, even by droid standards; during his escape, the droid managed to kill a technician by calmly and methodically calculating the trajectory of an incoming laser bolt, deciding to deflect the bolt instead of dodging it, and furthermore making sure that his deflected beam reflected at just the right angle to kill the fleeing technician who had fired upon him -all in the microseconds that it took the laser bolt to travel from the gun to his position.
  • Extreme physical strength.

+Note: most weapons of IG88 are meant to kill organics and dont work on droids...

Edited by ZahirS

All this countered by a simple thing HK uses mainly:

Shield, Stealth and Sniper combined with plasma torpedoes from the time of IG88, just like Dash Rendar did it but more efficiently.

Again I noted as Stealth being useless against IG-88 who can see a complete 360 degrees and can see in various spectrums.

HK-47 doesn't have these...plasma torpedoes, Plasma torpedoes aren't even a handheld thing. I think you're thinking of Seeker Missiles which HK-47 doesn't have anyway.

As per actual canon, in SOTE novelization it's not explained how Dash actually killed IG-88D as Dash is a minor character in the novel, it's probably mentioned, but it's not explained how Dash was able to defeat D.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As per actual canon, in SOTE novelization it's not explained how Dash actually killed IG-88D as Dash is a minor character in the novel, it's probably mentioned, but it's not explained how Dash was able to defeat D.

IG-88 was damaged because Fett shot down his ship right?

IG-88 was damaged because Fett shot down his ship right?

IG-88D was yeah, was shot down after Boba unloaded everything in his ship's arsenal. It destroyed C and his ship, damaged D's ship making him have to land on Ord Mantell.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And also, wasn't IG-88 related to the MagnaGuard in some way?

Not sure, the IG Lancer Droids and IG-86s were predecessors to IG-88, but not sure about the IG-100s. IG-88 could also be a successor to the MangaGuards, but there isn't any real proof for that.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Also this is the correct weapinry used by IG88, which doesnt matter HK is superior in the ways that matter.

G-88's primary weapon was a BlasTech DLT-20A blaster rifle. Other weapons included the following:

• Flamethrower
  • Pulse cannon
  • DAS-430 electromagnetic projectile launcher
  • Repeating blaster
  • Sonic stunner
  • Paralysis cord
  • Poison gas
  • Trilon gas
  • Thermal detonators
  • Needle dart gun
  • Butcher vibroblade
  • Concussion grenade
  • Throwing flechettes
  • Trifaraleen gas
  • Wide-dispersal radiation grenades
  • Computer input port
  • Broadband antenna
  • Blaster reflective palms
  • Heat and motion sensors
  • Highly advanced trackers
  • Acid-proof servo wires
  • Armor nearly impenetrable from external attack
  • Cutting laser in finger on right arm
  • Extremely fast reflexes, even by droid standards; during his escape, the droid managed to kill a technician by calmly and methodically calculating the trajectory of an incoming laser bolt, deciding to deflect the bolt instead of dodging it, and furthermore making sure that his deflected beam reflected at just the right angle to kill the fleeing technician who had fired upon him -all in the microseconds that it took the laser bolt to travel from the gun to his position.
  • Extreme physical strength.

+Note: most weapons of IG88 are meant to kill organics and dont work on droids...

Quite a few still would do the job regardless. The Heat and motion sensors and highly advanced trackers make the whole stealth field generator HK is supposedly carrying pointless especially given IG-88 has 360 Vision. Theoretically he can see Stealthed hostiles sneaking up on him, identify the attacker, respond with the appropriate hostility before they realize they have been made. And as WolfNinjaJedi has said Plasma Torpedoes aren't a hand held weapon to be used conventionally as well as standard armament for HK-47.

I also saw that the Wookieepedia page, that IG-88 has an Ion Blaster listed as one of his armament which right there is a disadvantage for HK. Said Ion Blaster was created in response to the rise of War Droid and Assassin Droids.

Edited by CassusVerda

I believe that HK series droids are underestimated, these droids were so dangerous and capable that they were literally banned in many systems.

From Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia:

The HK series was still banned in many systems, specially after the unit HK-47 had a prominent role in the Jedi Civil War and later during the Sith Civil War.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia:

One of the most notorious droid series in the galaxy, the Hunter-killer, or HK, series of assassin droids are shrewd, disdainful of organic life, and extremely deadly in combat. Perhaps, the most famous unit from the series, HK-47, was custom-built by Darth Revan to serve as his personal assassin during the Jedi Civil War. The droid continued to be spotted sporadically throughout the following centuries, though its tasks and current master are unknown.

Even the first known HK unit caused havoc in the galaxy.

From Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare:

Philosophers have wrangled for eons over whether droids are sentient, with those who say they are decrying the use of droids in war as little better than industrialized murder. For millennia, the trend in the galaxy was an increasing acceptance of droid rights—but that movement was interrupted by a series of shocks to civilization beginning in 4015 BBY.

That year saw the Great Droid Revolution, in which the Czerka assassin droid HK-01 seized power on Coruscant and thousands of other worlds. The Republic’s Juggernaut war droids and the central computers of capital ships turned on their organic masters, as did countless mechanicals—from pint-sized industrial droids to artificial intelligences that had helped govern entire star systems.

Intervention by the Jedi brought the Great Droid Revolution to a halt after three months, after which droids were regarded with deep suspicion and subject to a web of regulations. War droids weren’t seen in large numbers until the Sith War, the Mandalorian Wars, and the Jedi Civil War centuries later, and the Republic’s use of war droids aroused widespread fear and revulsion among its citizens. Shortly after the Jedi Civil War ended, a cabal of droids seized control of the Gordian Reach, which had to be liberated by a war-weary Republic. These shocks brought about another wave of anti-droid fervor and new restrictions on their use.

About HK-47:-

From Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia

This sentient HK series assassin droid was developed by Czerka Corporation during the Great Sith War. It once destroyed an entire building in order to eliminate a single target, and its merciless pursuit of target was well-known.

The aforementioned statement reveals the magnitude of firepower HK-47 packed. I don't think a blaster rifle is sufficient to destroy a building.

From Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia

During the battle of Malachor, HK-47 rallied a group of HK-50 assassin droids to fight back and defeat G0-T0. Records failed to indicate what became of HK-47, but there was evidence that the droid managed to store its consciousness in a variety of droid systems over the following millennia. HK-47 reappeared on Mustafar during the Galactic Civil War, leading a gang on automata that killed everything they encountered.

Durability wise: HK-47 destroyed several B2 battle droids and even a Droideka without use of weapons during one of its confrontations on Mustafar.

About HK-51:-

Arguably the most dangerous model.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

The sophisticated HK-51 droid design is capable of tremendous acts of violence. The model's disappearance has almost certainly made the galaxy a safer place.

---

Components include sound-dampening servomotors, precision targeting sensors, armor plating, and various integrated weapons.

Um just to clear up the above post, that "taking down an entire building to eliminate a target" quote could mean a few things.

Most likely it means he did either this

or he used explosives or heavy weaponry to literally demolish the building, ignoring the possibility of civilian and non combatant casualties.

:D

Edited by CassusVerda

HK-47 was the best assassin model of his day - but he is utterly surpassed in almost every conceivable way by the most deadly assassin droid produced over three thousand years down the line. This is the issue here, we can universalise tech in terms of the potency of firepower and what not but we are dealing with 100% machines here. And the killing technologies have advanced considerably since the Old Republic era. And this is why IG-88 wins hands down. Edited by Beniboybling

I'm really done with this thread and everyone else just seems to agree IG-88 > HK-47. On an interesting note, I did find that some suggested IG-88 would have been the perfect weapon to be used against the Vong.

"Some have suggested that IG-88 would have been the perfect weapon to battle the Yuuzhan Vong. His flamethrower, repeating blaster, paralysis cord and poison canisters would make short work of any opponent, and the finishing touch would be the irony of having a droid decimate the antitechnology Yuuzhan Vong fanatics."

- Taken from the New Essential Guide to Characters.

:p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

All HK-47 needs is a Mandalorian Disruptor Rifle.

This and his ability to Snipe, mines and sonic granades he wins easily, not even counting that HK could get Seeker missiles if he did would take even less time.

IG88 never killed a Jedi.

Edited by ZahirS

All HK-47 needs is a Mandalorian Disruptor Rifle.

This and his ability to Snipe, mines and sonic granades he wins easily, not even counting that HK could get Seeker missiles if he did would take even less time.

IG88 never killed a Jedi.

HK-47 doesn't have a Disruptor Rifle or mines or sonic grenades, he just has as his equipment, his Droid Assassin Rifle, a flamethrower and thermal detonators. He doesn't have Seeker Missiles either.

What does it matter if IG-88 hasn't killed a Jedi or not?(Which given IG-88, his equipment load out and stats, he could probably kill Jedi too if given the chance) HK-47 nor IG-88 are Jedi, they don't act like Jedi or think like Jedi.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

HK-47 doesn't have a Disruptor Rifle or mines or sonic grenades, he just has as his equipment, his Droid Assassin Rifle, a flamethrower and thermal detonators. He doesn't have Seeker Missiles either.

What does it matter if IG-88 hasn't killed a Jedi or not?(Which given IG-88, his equipment load out and stats, he could probably kill Jedi too if given the chance) HK-47 nor IG-88 are Jedi, they don't act like Jedi or think like Jedi.

First HK-47 used equipment of different kind and showed in different eras, as he could carry Heavy Weapons at pleasure.

Given that HK did kill Jedi it explains his programming is better than a droid that cant kill even Mercenaries.

And yes HK-47 can swap equipment when needed, IG88 can't appearently.

On the tracking ability you mentioned, Boba Fett could track better than IG88 and that explains IG88 has some bad programming that can't track targets effienctly as HK-47 can.

To put it simple: HK can and will use everything he can to destroy IG88

Edited by ZahirS

First HK-47 used equipment of different kind and showed in different eras, as he could carry Heavy Weapons at pleasure.

Given that HK did kill Jedi it explains his programming is better than a droid that cant kill even Mercenaries.

And yes HK-47 can swap equipment when needed, IG88 can't appearently.

On the tracking ability you mentioned, Boba Fett could track better than IG88 and that explains IG88 has some bad programming that can't track targets effienctly as HK-47 can.

To put it simple: HK can and will use everything he can to destroy IG88

When has he been shown to use different equipment? Examples? But if combatants are allowed to pick weapons not in their standard armament, then looks like IG is bring the Death Star!

Is HK gonna dodge that too?

Edited by Beniboybling

When has he been shown to use different equipment? Examples? But if combatants are allowed to pick weapons not in their standard armament, then looks like IG is bring the Death Star!

Is HK gonna dodge that too?