aint nobody got time for lekku

Sydth

it's just become known to me that many people are agonizing over how the Twi'lek's lekku interact with clothing and weapons. If a rifle, techblade, rocketpack, or whatever sticks out through their lekku then people are getting infuriated and are throwing tantrums at the devs, forums and in-game chat.

I kept seeing this complaint come up in chat over the years so i got curious and forum searched "lekku". There are some really awesome suggestions out there but there's mostly raging over this 'clippin' issue. I mean, this is really bothering people.

Personally, i can understand being unsatisfied when they can't wear hoods or certain helmets hide them all together. But, throwing a fit over a rifle sticking through it? C'mon people, seriously? This is something absolutely ridiculous to complain about.

It's a bit sad that such issues prevent other races like the Togruta from becoming playable, but all in all I guess developer time is better spent on projects that aren't "high fidelity tentacle physics" (and no, I'm not going to ask Google for that one).

The best issue is IMO still the elevator effect :D

I don't understand the point of the OP and I really want to join in on the copycat part of the conversation... BUT...

Yes, this is an issue that bothers people. Understandably so, IMO. It just looks sloppy and it is very distracting when playing. It sucks to try to create a look, but always have to hide your headgear. Or, if you don't hide it, you lose any recognition of your species. Or, you just have these tentacles awkwardly sticking through a helmet.

It's stupid. If they can't fix the clipping, then they should provide a few pieces of headgear specifically designed for twi'leks. That's not asking too much 2.5 years after launch. :t_mad:

I don't understand the point of the OP and I really want to join in on the copycat part of the conversation... BUT...

Yes, this is an issue that bothers people. Understandably so, IMO. It just looks sloppy and it is very distracting when playing. It sucks to try to create a look, but always have to hide your headgear. Or, if you don't hide it, you lose any recognition of your species. Or, you just have these tentacles awkwardly sticking through a helmet.

It's stupid. If they can't fix the clipping, then they should provide a few pieces of headgear specifically designed for twi'leks. That's not asking too much 2.5 years after launch. :t_mad:

its called devs being lazy. SWG had headgear made just for Twi'leks all the normal helmets had a different animation for Twi'leks so when you put it on your lekku would stick out and if you put the same helmet on a normal human it would look normal.

as for the clipping part bah there will always be clipping in some form let the gun or sword clip a lil you will get use to it just like i have gotten use to robes and trench coats hanging out the bottom of my speeders B^( but whats odd is when you preview the speeders your coat tales are tucked in under you and not hanging out like odd mud flaps B^P again it all comes down to lazy devs

I just don't care about clipping issues anymore; I got usded to it. At least when it is not a strong issue.

I would still like to see - however - helmets and headgear especially tailored to Twi'lek. If they can do additional appearance stuff, then why not lekku-specific things as well ?

Same goes for Cartel Market things. They can do it. Then why not this ?

Interestingly, there are no additional Miraluka masks out there as well.

As I said before, all it needs is 1 dev member to let's say use 1 hour per day for this. This might be slow, but in the end it will guarantee that it is done.

Interestingly, there are no additional Miraluka masks out there as well.

Not quite correct, Visas Marr's armor set from the cartel market has a Miraluka veil, that covers the eyes. And there are a lot of visors that could be used for Miraluka as well.