The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

None-Class Related Cosmetic weapons?

Alixen

I have 2 of them - one mercenary and one powertech. I like their animations with pistols. If I want rifles I`ll go make a commando and vanguard.

This being said, yes, an emote would be better.

And it`s not as easy as "BOOM! done", as they will need, at the very least, add the animations to each and every character. Then add weapon animations for off-weapons to skills (like the standard attack for the marauder, for instance, will have to "register" with all the weapon types ingame).

--ALL of that work when they can`t fix ONE butt, which is a 3D model or rigging - since August 2013. Sorry, but I want my Unfettered Trench Coat fixed first.--

... Yeah I was gonna continue explaining how it really wouldn't be that hard... but now I'm not even going to bother since I seem to be arguing with someone who wants a nicer A**! -.-

Edited by Darth-Rion

To clarify for those of you who are curious and have little intentions of staring at your characters leather clad a** for the majority of your game time.

What we want -currently- is this -

All weapon proficiency's (maybe even just a "basic weapon proficiency") to be available to all classes.

For weapons not originally available to classes, only the basic attack would be available, no other abilities would need to be worked on to allow certain weapons to be used. For example, a Sniper will not be using "Snipe" or other abilities with an Assault Cannon or a Vibroblade.

What we are not asking is this -

All weapon proficiency's too allow EVERY SINGLE ABILITY IN THE GAME TO BE USED BY ALL WEAPONS.

Now, I'm sure in time we would love to have certain abilities work with blaster rifles on our Bounty Hunters and Pistols for our Jedi, but that is a long ways off, if even a possibility, in the future.

For now, I (and the OP I am certain) would be happy with applying every weapon type to each classes basic attack and having each weapon proficiency be available for purchase from trainers.

I don't know, but I suspect there would not be much difficulty in this considering the basic attack on each class works for two different weapons with no change to the ability itself.

Agents - Sniper / Blaster Rifle use the same ability.

Bounty Hunters / Smugglers - Single / Duel Pistols use the same ability.

Consulars / Inquisitors - Single / Double Bladed Lightsabers use the same ability.

Knights / Warriors - Single / Duel Lightsabers use the same ability.

Troopers - Blaster Rifle / Assault Cannon use the same ability.

Edited by Darth-Rion

... Yeah I was gonna continue explaining how it really wouldn't be that hard... but now I'm not even going to bother since I seem to be arguing with someone who wants a nicer A**! -.-

I also wanted visible gauntlets and belt for Mira`s set - that gone invisible with patch 2.7 and fixed with this one. :) Or for Bioware to make up their minds and decide which lightning pattern they are using for series 808 cybernetics and have ONE pattern and not two, one for normal gameplay and another for cutscenes and char preview. Or series 512 cybernetic chest to not look like C3-PO in the sun each time you get better lights.

All those on PAID content, not "free stuff".

To clarify for those of you who are curious and have little intentions of staring at your characters leather clad a** for the majority of your game time.

What we want -currently- is this -

All weapon proficiency's (maybe even just a "basic weapon proficiency") to be available to all classes.

For weapons not originally available to classes, only the basic attack would be available, no other abilities would need to be worked on to allow certain weapons to be used. For example, a Sniper will not be using "Snipe" or other abilities with an Assault Cannon or a Vibroblade.

And what PRACTICAL reason will this serve? And what`s wrong with an emote?

Not how warm and fuzzy will you feel inside, but what practical reason to have that ingame.

Edited by Styxx

The practical reason? It could be the start of implementing other weapons to different classes. Note -the start-.

Bounty Hunter players have been wanting blaster rifles from the beginning, Shadows / Assassins would like to use one saber instead of the double bladed, Knight / Warriors would love to use double bladed, I'd like to know where the hell my Agent hides her pistol after cut-scenes, because it sure as hell isn't on her leg and she seems fairly decent with its usage despite not being able to equip it. Not to mention the /agent emote has you whip out two vibroknives then stand (if only briefly) in a ready stance as if you're about to pounce on someone and stab them to death, yet we can't actually wield the vibroknives in game, the only time you see them is for a small number of abilities.

Hell, it's only slightly related but Commando's would like to use a blaster rifle instead of the assault cannon, which they can do but it gimps them somewhat in their effectiveness due to certain abilities being locked.

Other reasons would be the aesthetic appeal.

I'm sick and tired of running around seeing Troopers and Bounty Hunter NPC's using weapons we are locked from using, pistols and vibroblades being the main culprits. Again to my Agent, watching her use a pistol during cut-scenes yet having it mysteriously vanish. The dangerously awesome Cipher 9... confused by a blaster pistol. "How do I hold this again?"

I'd really love to know where this notion came from that game developers these days seem to have... well, developed, that if you are -insert class- you can only use -insert weapon-. I suppose it's not really a notion, just laziness. I hate to bring it up, but I loved rocking a sword as a mage in WoW.

A lot of us like having variety.

As to "what's wrong with an emote?" I can't shoot with an emote, I can't hit things with an emote, I can't MOVE with an emote.

What practical reason was there to add chair emotes to the game? None really but there was a demand for them and Bioware provided, even if they do look stupidly out of place in certain areas (chair 1 and 2 for example, being completely wrong for the Empire environment, 3 and 4 likewise for the Republic).

Edited by Darth-Rion

Fairly certain most Bounty Hunters will disagree with you. Considering they've been wanting rifles since the start. I'm sure they won't mind if it's just the ability to equip it to begin with. They wanna be Boba, not Jango.

That is true, I want to have a bounty hunter with a bowcaster like embo!!! :D

The practical reason? It could be the start of implementing other weapons to different classes. Note -the start-.

So we have gone from cosmetic to "let`s make all classes use all weapons". As I said, 2 distinct things:

1. Cosmetic ONLY - which you can get away with an emote only, as there is no real benefit in pew pew for 50 dmg.

2. Performance - which will, most likely, need a revamp of weapon animations and skills, seeing how some skills are weapon specific.

I am against anything that is not "1", because it is a too much volume of work, work that can be better spent elsewhere.

That is true, I want to have a bounty hunter with a bowcaster like embo!!! :D

BBA vendor in the Cartel Bazaar sells bowcasters. You can also buy a bowcaster off the CM store.

Edited by Styxx

So we have gone from cosmetic to "let`s make all classes use all weapons". As I said, 2 distinct things:

1. Cosmetic ONLY - which you can get away with an emote only, as there is no real benefit in pew pew for 50 dmg.

2. Performance - which will, most likely, need a revamp of weapon animations and skills, seeing how some skills are weapon specific.

I am against anything that is not "1", because it is a too much volume of work, work that can be better spent elsewhere.

BBA vendor in the Cartel Bazaar sells bowcasters. You can also buy a bowcaster off the CM store.

You wanted practical and I gave it to you. Plenty of people wants to use different weapons on different classes, I was integrating that into this. And yes, most skills probably would but thats for Bioware to work on if they ever do decide to give the classes different weapons to use with ALL their skills.

Here's a compromise -for you-, since you seem to be against "pew pew for 50 dmg".

Give each class the option to simply unlock the weapon proficiency, be it credits, legacy, coins, whatever. That's it. No abilities, no skills, nothing. Just the ability to hold the weapon. That in itself would be miles simpler than making emotes. Why? Because I can hold any weapon I want on any class I want in the preview window, so apparently it's quite easy to do, all we need is the proficiency use them, if not actually -use- them.

Also, yes they sell Bowcasters, but as to the entire reason of this thread -BOUNTY HUNTERS CAN'T USE THEM-.

I think another simple solution would be to make the weapons more like being unarmed. When a player is unarmed, they aren't able to attack aside from the special abilities used for unarmed combat like jab or uppercut. Something similar could be implemented for weapons that don't work with your class, for example an ability called 'Blaster Pistol shot' or 'Saber strike'. You shouldn't be able to use these in warzones at all, and any mods in the weapons should become dysfunctional once you wield them, sort of like when you use HK before level 50 and all of his gear is red.

Edited by GoldSting

I think another simple solution would be to make the weapons more like being unarmed. When a player is unarmed, they aren't able to attack aside from the special abilities used for unarmed combat like jab or uppercut. Something similar could be implemented for weapons that don't work with your class, for example an ability called 'Blaster Pistol shot' or 'Saber strike'. You shouldn't be able to use these in warzones at all, and any mods in the weapons should become dysfunctional once you wield them, sort of like when you use HK before level 50 and all of his gear is red.

This actually occured to me at one point when looking through my legacy stuff. I forgot about the unarmed combat stuff they gave us when legacies were released.

You wanted practical and I gave it to you. Plenty of people wants to use different weapons on different classes, I was integrating that into this. And yes, most skills probably would but thats for Bioware to work on if they ever do decide to give the classes different weapons to use with ALL their skills.

Here's a compromise -for you-, since you seem to be against "pew pew for 50 dmg".

Give each class the option to simply unlock the weapon proficiency, be it credits, legacy, coins, whatever. That's it. No abilities, no skills, nothing. Just the ability to hold the weapon. That in itself would be miles simpler than making emotes. Why? Because I can hold any weapon I want on any class I want in the preview window, so apparently it's quite easy to do, all we need is the proficiency use them, if not actually -use- them.

Also, yes they sell Bowcasters, but as to the entire reason of this thread -BOUNTY HUNTERS CAN'T USE THEM-.

I can agree with only holding the weapon, nothing more.

Would be nice, if you actually want, to have a "blaster slot", as it seems it is universally used in cutscenes, and the game to use the blaster you have chosen, instead of the default one.

And if bowcasters are a problem, it would be much simpler to ask for smaller "blaster pistol" bowcasters (think BBA 3 barreled shottie that you can use as pistol, which is incidentally a blaster rifle, which you get from a Heroic on Taris - republic side for Vanguard).