The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Clone Wars, and Rebels

tunewalker

Honestly I really loved the Onderon story line and kind of wish all of Clone wars was more like it. The struggles of every day people overcoming odds with the help of some jedi. We got to know good characters outside of Jedi and clones, and not everything was decided by a guy with a laser sword.

I very much hope the new rebel series plays like that did, and with it just being episode after episode of continued story rather then one mini story made it even better.

Rebels is going to be terrible...it's Disney come on...

Rebels will never be as dark or as mature as the clone wars was at its final seasons.

It's just gonna be some kiddy show. Wouldn't be surprised if they have musicals in it.

Rebels will never be as dark or as mature as the clone wars was at its final seasons.

It's just gonna be some kiddy show. Wouldn't be surprised if they have musicals in it.

Yeah, because "The Avengers" was such a kiddy immature movie.

You want to talk about kiddy shows, why don't you watch the old "Ewoks" show that was produced by Lucasfilm back in the 1980s? And while Lucasfilm was busy creating that abomination of a show, what was Disney creating? They created Tron[/i, the first Disney-created science fiction film, and a few years later ]released The Black Cauldron: the first Disney film to be given a PG rating, and often considered one of Disney's darkest movies ever made. In fact, it was disliked upon release because it wasn't the bright, happy child fantasy that they were known for.

Oh yeah, and

The tissues are over there if you need them.

Look back at early Clone Wars - things like "Stinky the Hutt" Ashoka calling Anakin "Skyguy" all the time, episodes like "Bombad Jedi", it started out pretty damn "kiddy show" itself. I expect Rebels will take a very similar arc.

The show is being headed up by Greg Weisman who does phenomenal work in animation, especially when it comes to telling well-done mature and story arcs in kids-focused shows. Just see is work in Gargoyles (which was also a Disney show) or Young Justice. And a lot of the Clone Wars crew is signed on as well.

I bet Rebels will indeed be pretty darn kid-friendly at first, but will grow up over the course of its run. Based on its crew, I have pretty high hopes for the series.

Edited by DarthDymond

Look back at early Clone Wars - things like "Stinky the Hutt" Ashoka calling Anakin "Skyguy" all the time, episodes like "Bombad Jedi", it started out pretty damn "kiddy show" itself. I expect Rebels will take a very similar arc.

The show is being headed up by Greg Weisman who does phenomenal work in animation, especially when it comes to telling well-done mature and story arcs in kids-focused shows. Just see is work in Gargoyles (which was also a Disney show) or Young Justice. And a lot of the Clone Wars crew is signed on as well.

I bet Rebels will indeed be pretty darn kid-friendly at first, but will grow up over the course of its run. Based on its crew, I have pretty high hopes for the series.

Yes the clone wars was kiddy at first also which is why I only mentioned the last 2 seasons of it. Still I don't think Disney's Rebels will ever get as dark as the clone wars got no matter how much time you give them. Just watching the small clips I've seen so far, I don't find it appealing. But hey, to each their own.

I don't think anything could be more terrible than TCW, though if this group of teenage rebels winds up finding the death star plans and/or saving the whole rebellion repeatedly that might do it. Or if Ashoka is even mentioned, let alone reappears.