missed force choke stun? and also tooltip error in description.

Lafay

So i was fighting this operative and I choked him, and well he didn't feel like being cc'd and so he just kept fighitng instead of enduring his last breaths with my force around his throat. Some might say that his flash powder talent saved him (I had just been flashbanged) but apon closer inspection of the video, there was no miss message and the first tic of the choke did in fact do damage.

Language warning!

So, you can see both the first tic of my force choke go off (1400 damage) as well as the 2 stack of deadly saber tic (1171 damage)

So if the first tic did damage, why was he not choked... he clearly does not have any resolve

Is the CC itself on a different accuracy table than the first tic of damage?

Here is another time i missed force choke, and you can clearly see the miss message pop up as the first tic misses. It occurs at the 30 second mark. (It is assumed this was a result of flash powder as well)

A seperate issue is this, the tooltip for force choke says

"Chokes the target, crushing and stunning it while Force Choke is channeled. Deals 2034 kinetic damage every second. Builds 1 rage per second."

This implys that channeling the choke continues the stun, where this is clearly false as seen in the video and we all know, if you get interrupted so does the channel as well as the stun duration lowered. I wont even go into how resolve is added for the full duration before the channel is complete (resolve should accrue with the channel).

Here are some options to fix this.

1. Make the choke act as every other classes stun, target receives a 4 second stun, and just have the extra damage from the choke itself stop, if the channel is interrupted or KB or stuned ect.

2. Make the choke continue to stun the target as long as the channel is running (should be this), regardless of weather the first tic takes effect or not. Also keep in mind if someone uses their breaker on force choke, the next tic of the choke should pop them back in the air and continue to CC them (WOOT that would rock).

3. Change the tool tip to reflect current state of choke and apply the resolve as the choke channels instead of it all up front.

4. Be lazy and push this bug to the back burner just like the leap bug and the being rooted/cc'd through force camo bug.

Edited by Lafay

Yep, I've been having this happen with stuns or other similar abilities on all classes and against all classes. People say it is "resolve" but I call BS on that. There is some serious breakage in PVP in this game now days. It needs an overhaul and fixing. I am sick of using all my slows and stuns on a guy for him to just walk right through it all, and no they aren't tanks.

I don't care what class you are, if someone slows you and then stuns, and another stun, yet you never stop or get effected.....then the game is broken. Period.

Edited by DarthVengeant

This problem has been happening enough to me in Operations, Flashpoints, and doing dailies/weeklies/landscape hunting that I made a thread about it as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=737576

It would be great if Bioware at least acknowledged they stealth nerfed all control abilities so they now factor accuracy in determining whether or not an ability connects.