The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Most powerful character?

Kathulllu

Got into a fight with my friend about how he isn't a tank if he is a sentinel and somehow that sparked up the question of who is the most powerful star wars character for some reason. Anyways just want to hear your thoughts on this because I'm bored.

My pick is Revan or Nihilus.

Since I'm also a Star Wars noob it would be cool if you can list one feat that the person did.

Edited by Kathulllu

Inb4 "George Lucas said palpatine" blah blah "cannon" blah "most powerful of all time" blah.

But IMO I would go with Vitiate. But considering he was Marka Ragnos's apprentice, Marka had to be one bad mofo. Especially with Naga Sadow and Ludo kressh being scared of just his spirit.

Luke Skywalker.

Yeah, I'm still going with it.

Edit: Actually, it's The Father.

^ This...

Force Entity/God? The Father. (Abit you could probably throw up The Ones as a whole with Father being on top, also Abeloth)

Mortal Force Users? Luke Skywalker/Sidious

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Got into a fight with my friend about how he isn't a tank if he is a sentinel and somehow that sparked up the question of who is the most powerful star wars character for some reason. Anyways just want to hear your thoughts on this because I'm bored.

My pick is Revan or Nihilus.

Since I'm also a Star Wars noob it would be cool if you can list one feat that the person did.

Their is no official consensus on this.

---

THE FATHER

Mr. Leland Chee vouches for The Father as the most powerful Force-user in the mythos: https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/...618406517809153 (Claim made on July 13, 2013 but unofficial at the moment)

---

EMPEROR VITIATE

SWTOR(G) (Released on December 20, 2011) is the first source to promote Sith Emperor as the most powerful Force-user in the mythos:

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen.

Later on, SWTOR(E) (Co-authored by several writers and released on October 15, 2012) reinforced the aforementioned revelation from the associated source SWTOR(G):

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.

Detailed read here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/

---

ANAKIN SKYWALKER, POTENTIAL WISE

SWOW promotes Anakin Skywalker as having the potential to become the most powerful Force-user ever:

The Jedi Order discovered Anakin Skywalker as a slave boy on Tatooine. He had the potential to be the most powerful Force-user ever, and perhaps was even the Chosen One of an ancient Jedi prophecy.

Link: http://starwars.com/explore/encyclo...nakinskywalker/

--- --- ---

Anakin Skywalker had the potential to be the most powerful Force-user in the mythos but he never managed to capitalize on this potential due to severe injuries he suffered in one of his duels. [PERSONAL REMARKS: It personally surprises me that how and why a mortal can surpass some of the mightiest immortals in power but this.]

Due to the aforementioned situation, we can exclude Anakin Skywalker from the list and are left with Sith Emperor and The Father (both are contenders at official capacity).

--- --- ---

Sources:

SWTOR(G) = Star Wars: The Old Republic (Game)

SWTOR(E) = Star Wars: The Old Republic (Encyclopedia)

SWOW = Star Wars Official Website

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

THE FATHER

Mr. Leland Chee vouches for The Father as the most powerful Force-user in the mythos: https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/...618406517809153 (Claim made on July 13, 2013 but unofficial at the moment)

This ^^

Oh, and if Chee says it, it's official.

EMPEROR VITIATE

Not going to lie, I had high hopes.....

No longer.

SWTOR(G) (Released on December 20, 2011) is the first source to promote Sith Emperor as the most powerful Force-user in the mythos:

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen.

Up until the point of this quote, IE the Cold War.

All that means is he's more powerful than Kun, Traya, Sion etc. It says nothing about anything later than the Cold War.

Later on, SWTOR(E) (Co-authored by several writers and released on October 15, 2012) reinforced the aforementioned revelation from the associated source SWTOR(G):

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.

Same thing, Time Zones dude.

This is indicative of where we are in the game at the moment, these quotes can't be used in Comparison to others.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER, POTENTIAL WISE

Eh. Never reached it, so no point really going into him.

Due to the aforementioned situation, we can exclude Anakin Skywalker from the list and are left with Sith Emperor and The Father (both are contenders at official capacity).

No.

You just happily decided to miss Caedus, Vitiate, and Skywalker off the list.

Edited by Selenial

The Father is the most powerful character. It is confirmed by Leland Chee and actually makes sense, since he is a manifestation of the Force and keeps the Light and Dark manifestations from killing each other.

No, it's not Vitiate. He's average in comparison to The Ones.

The Father is the most powerful character. It is confirmed by Leland Chee and actually makes sense, since he is a manifestation of the Force and keeps the Light and Dark manifestations from killing each other.

No, it's not Vitiate. He's below average in comparison to The Ones.

Fixed.

Their is no official consensus on this.

---

THE FATHER

As the Keeper of the Holocron official statements from Chee (which he makes through Twitter) hold canonical weight. That much should be obvious to anyone, he is the most knowledgeable in the subject.
[PERSONAL REMARKS: It personally surprises me that how and why a mortal can surpass some of the mightiest immortals in power but this.]

Because your belief that the Sith Emperor is immortal is totally arbitrary and born out of your own fandom I'm afraid. Leland Chee concerns himself with the facts.

Funny how you exclude Sidious from that list, despite him having plenty of accolades. As well as Luke who George Lucas himself stated achieved the potential of the Anakin Skywalker which you seem to hold in high regard.

Anyway, Aurbere is correct. Through a combination of official statements and actual evidence Luke Skywalker is clearly the most powerful mortal Force User whereas the Father is the most powerful immortal.

Of course in light of recent events the EU has been stripped of any canonical weight in may have once held so really when dealing with official truths we should look to official canon not Legends i.e. Sidious, Luke & the Father.

Edited by Beniboybling

Bugs Bunny is by far the most powerful.

No, no, no... It is obviously Marvin the Martian, that guy has LAZORS!!!!

In all seriousness to the first page, seriously? another one of these? If we're talking Legends it goes (with little debate cept from the poor saps who can't get over their fanboyism)

1. Father

2. Luke

3. Sidious

4. Caedus

5. Son/Daughter/Anakin/Vitiate free for all that I personally won't try to untangle

This ^^

Oh, and if Chee says it, it's official.

Mr. Chee does not calls the shots, he isn't the boss.

If Mr. Chee have stated something, it his responsibility to clarify its merits/validity to the audience.

I'd suggest that Mr. Chee be consulted again about this matter, with proper details of other nominees.

Not going to lie, I had high hopes.....

No longer.

Well, he is a candidate from BioWare camp and his story isn't over yet.

Up until the point of this quote, IE the Cold War.

All that means is he's more powerful than Kun, Traya, Sion etc. It says nothing about anything later than the Cold War.

Yes, but most of the (mega) Force-users are ancients and co-existed with each other at different points. ;)

Same thing, Time Zones dude.

This is indicative of where we are in the game at the moment, these quotes can't be used in Comparison to others.

See above

Eh. Never reached it, so no point really going into him.

Fair enough

No.

You just happily decided to miss Caedus, Vitiate, and Skywalker off the list.

?

- Caedus isn't a valid candidate.

- Luke's position is debatable at the moment.

Associated discussion here for reference: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626813&page=42

- I already mentioned Vitiate. You meant Sidious?

SWTCE (released in 2008) did promote Sidious as the strongest of the dark side practitioners. However, this accolade predates introduction of other giants such as Emperor Vitiate, The Son, Abeloth and Soa to the mythos.

Timeline wise, Sidious co-existed with Abeloth during his prime but have he been hyped again as most powerful practitioner of the dark side AFTER introduction of Abeloth?

Sidious is 'among' the FINEST of the mythos, IMO.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD