The Expanded Universe Really IS Toast.

Infernixx

I personally do not consider this to be a retcon of the post Jedi stuff since I never considered it to be cannon in the first place. Lets be honest there is a lot of stuff in the EU post Jedi that is flat out terrible, and there is some stuff that is really good. The Thrawn trilogy is one of those that is really good in my opinion. I am glad that they are cherry picking the good and using it and leaving the bad in the closet hopefully forgotten forever. All of you have those things in the post Jedi EU material that is so bad it makes you shudder, I won't name what I find terrible because it is just my opinion and others might really like it and I do not want to start a fight. However, as others have stated in earlier posts with new movies you had to know this was coming, clear lines of cannon and not cannon had to be established otherwise you get the giant mess that other properties find themselves in.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This. But, as was mentioned before, aside from setting rules over who could and could not be killed off in EU, Lucas was very hands off. Even though I'm still kinda peeved about the retcon, the inconsistencies (hopefully) being gone for good are the reason I have what hope I do for the new cannon.

Lucas never gave a single damn about the EU. He saw it simply as a means of getting more money. As he said many times, all he cared about were his movies and the time/world that those movies existed in. The rest of it was just him giving his permission for them to dump truckloads of money on his front lawn in return for letting people write bad fan-fiction set in his universe.

Lucas never gave a single damn about the EU. He saw it simply as a means of getting more money. As he said many times, all he cared about were his movies and the time/world that those movies existed in. The rest of it was just him giving his permission for them to dump truckloads of money on his front lawn in return for letting people write bad fan-fiction set in his universe.

TERRIBLE fan-fiction in many cases.

disney is ruining star wars for too long if they they can do this they are @$@$#.

Your trolling would be a lot more convincing if a short search of your previous posts wouldn't reveal that your spelling and grammar seems to have undergone a rapid decline ;)

Some lame *** "we're turning one of the Solo/Skywalker kids to the dark side and then killing him to show off how edgy we are." - it was lazy writing and I'm tired of people trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy. Star Wars was never meant to be edgy. You can go dark, like ESB, but ESB went dark without getting all "cliché-gritty".

You're telling me you didn't like the Legacy of the Force series. Wow, no taste.

no he isnt. he is actually going to be in the next movie

You missed my point. He is dead in the REAL star wars universe, but in the new movies- set in a lame *** alternate universe- he's not. My point is f**k them, EU is the true canon.

Edited by JediMasterSLC