What happened to all the servers?

ForcelightX

I remember when i started playing SWTOR when it was 2011 there were so many servers.. i quit for 2 years now i came back.. and theres like 10 servers.. what happened?...

You weren't the only person to quit 2 years ago, that's what happened.

Growing? I don't think so.

Perhaps you need to think harder or research more deeply then.

On the topic of revenue growth...

According to this article, SWTOR monthly revenue has doubled since going F2P. That article was from May, 2013.

According to earnings call transcripts available via NASDAQ, specifically the one from Q3'14:

extra content and PC free-to-play contributed $213 million, up 15% over the prior year, led by the continued growth in FIFA Ultimate Team, FIFA Online 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic...

On the topic of number of players, this web site cites data from EA in December 2013 indicating a few interesting numbers:

Number of Star Wars the Old Republic players 1.6 Million

Average hours played each day 5

Total number of character created 6.9 Million

Number of NPC’s killed thus far 12.5 Billion

Edited by DarthTHC

On the topic of number of players, this web site cites data from EA in December 2013 indicating a few interesting numbers:

I may be missing something, but where does it claim a time frame for those numbers? I appreciate the links, but I'm not exactly sure what this link is truly representing...is it just December 2013 data or what period does it cover specifically?

I may be missing something, but where does it claim a time frame for those numbers? I appreciate the links, but I'm not exactly sure what this link is truly representing...is it just December 2013 data or what period does it cover specifically?

I wouldn't trust those numbers , unless about 3 million accounts vanished 2 weeks later. I mean the 6.9 million characters. It was about 10 million people who log in occasionally in November 2013.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1396514-SWTOR-has-10million-Casual-Players

Cheers,

BadOrb.

They also expanded available servers by like 50% shortly after launch, which kind of spread us thin.

Yeah this was 1 of 2 "mother of all mistakes" made by Bioware at launch.

The other one was launching with small servers to begin with. They should have applied the super-server design to the server farms before launch IMO.

Note to OP: Today's Super-Servers are around 3-5X the capacity of the old launch servers. So.. multiply that server number you are concerned about by 4 and you will see a "rough" comparison to the servers at launch. So... it's not 10 servers worth of players (by launch standards).. it's actually more like 40 (give or take).

Quote:EA Earnings Call

Extra content and PC free-to-play contributed $213 million, up 15% over the prior year, led by the continued growth in FIFA Ultimate Team, FIFA Online 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic...

So more or less 1.118K subscribed players for 1 year and $27 millions more than the last year.

That is without counting subscriptions.

Sounds very well although it this number does not say much regarding SWTOR wellness as we don't know what % is from this game.

Edited by Deewe

Sounds very well until you notice it also includes other games.

Sowing fear, uncertainty, and doubt again eh? :rolleyes:

Back when the game was struggling and loosing lots of subs in 2012.. and things were not looking bright financially for EA....... They stopped talking about SWTOR in their earnings calls. That is a habit of EA. They name products that are contributing well to a segment of their business.. and are simply quiet about anything not performing to their plan. This, by the way.. is VERY common for US corporations.

SO... the fact that SWTOR is named as a contributor to their earnings in each quarterly call since the game went F2P pretty much cuts your FUD off at the ankles, burns it, and buries it.

Protip: EA rarely breaks out financial performance by Product. They report at a higher level... by groups/segments of products. Get used to it.. that is the way they do things and is pretty common for large holding companies (which EA is).

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.