Character Limit + Price

NicoleMay

I know there are a billion posts on this but I have a soloution. Sure we don't need 350 characters, but here is my speculation on the limits. This is based on the current system of cartel coins buying character slots for subscribers only, just to make the math simple.

So you have 12 characters, up to 22.

Now lets say you want one of each class. Thats 8 advanced per side, so 16 total. Leaving 6 others.

Now, 16 minimum for all gameplay options. Now story is where I am concerned. So, light/dark is 2 more. Assuming your other advanced class is the other light/dark, that keeps it at 16.

Now there is gender. Most classes (if not all) have 2 romance companions based on their gender and light/dark. That doubles the number so you'd have a male, female, light, dark, of each class. 32 characters.

That seems like a good amount, as it covers story and class options and is only 10 above the current max.

If we REALLY wanna get crazy, lets say you want a male/female-light/dark of every ADVANCED class. That means we actually take 16*32, which is 512, WAY above the max limit of even unactivated characters. This is where it gets excessive, so perhaps 40 would be a good idea.

This 40 would mean with the above math, would give you 8 extra characters. Now you can relive your story and class from level 1. (One idea that would be good, is to clone one of your own characters looks and body and just give it a different name so you really DO relive that character's life.)

--------BEGIN PART 2 OF MY SUGGESTION--------

Considering the fact that it is limited to 22 due to storage issues, here is a new character slot tier I think works out.

Price of Character Slot (max 40)=600+(100*n)

N=Amount of times you have added a slot. This would work for subs.

Preferred:

Price of Character Slot (max 16)=500+(150*n)

Cheaper due to not being a sub, but for not being a sub, the price grows quicker.

FTP characters if they somehow manage to get enough cartel coins through in game achievements, here's the equation for that.

Price of Character Slot (max 8)=400+(200*n)

Same deal, and for the same reasons as above.

I'm fine with only the first part being implemented, but to help support it, I think the 2nd would be necessary.

Thoughts everyone?

i would like it if subs got 16 slots by default. i will typically switch the gender, alignment and advanced class. so i have a female light side scoundrel, and a male dark side gun slinger. male dark side sorc, and a female light side assassin, etc.

i would like it if subs got 16 slots by default. i will typically switch the gender, alignment and advanced class. so i have a female light side scoundrel, and a male dark side gun slinger. male dark side sorc, and a female light side assassin, etc.

So my only fear is that they eventually make a new class and/or race making me want to play that... and I am at 21 of 22 now.

So my only fear is that they eventually make a new class and/or race making me want to play that... and I am at 21 of 22 now.

They will never make a new class and you can spend 760 or something CC`s to alter your race on EXISTING toons.

This being said, 22 is enough.

They could probably make a neutral faction with interesting hybrid classes based on existing ones. It could probably work like the Ebon Blade from World of Warcraft. Character class from this neutral faction has its own starter planet/questline, and at the end of each questline, they basically leave it to the player who to throw lot behind, Republic or Empire. These classes would also have their own class quests, but everything else is how the planets are based on the side you choose. That's how I see it anyway.

I could see more classes, but I don't feel races are necessary to include on this as it just changes the voice and you're move that does nothing.

As for the neutral faction, it'd have to be the Hutts and clearly since they didn't do that on Hutt Cartel, I can't see them doing it anytime soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.