The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Crafting.

This isn't about items in the Cartel Market, rather it's about the Cartel Market area on the Fleet.

The CM already has a GTN terminal, a Mail Box, and Cargo Hold access. If it just had a Crew Skill Vendor, it would be a perfect place to do crafting without having to leave the area to get crafting supplies. There are several "unused" NPCs already there that could be used, or, of course, one (or 2) could be added.

Those other things you mentioned are used significantly more, by a significantly larger # of people than the Crew Skills vendor. It's maybe 15 seconds to take an elevator to get to the Crew Skills vendor. Buy stacks of 99 of whatever you need and you can reduce the # of times you have to visit him if it's that far for you.

Those other things you mentioned are used significantly more, by a significantly larger # of people than the Crew Skills vendor.

Are you a BIOware employee with access to those stats, or are you just talking out of your butt? ;)

(My guess is you're a Sith) :p

Buy stacks of 99 of whatever you need and you can reduce the # of times you have to visit him if it's that far for you.

You forget that there are some players (not me) that can't afford to buy whole stacks of materials (at upwards of 600 credits each) just to craft a couple of items.

And, yes, I can spend the few minutes it takes to go from the CM to the CSV, but the idea of my post was to suggest that I might not need to. Say hello to Oscar next time you're in Grouchville. :D

Edited by JediQuaker

Are you a BIOware employee with access to those stats, or are you just talking out of your butt? ;)

(My guess is you're a Sith) :p

You forget that there are some players (not me) that can't afford to buy whole stacks of materials (at upwards of 600 credits each) just to craft a couple of items.

And, yes, I can spend the few minutes it takes to go from the CM to the CSV, but the idea of my post was to suggest that I might not need to. Say hello to Oscar next time you're in Grouchville. :D

No, I'm not an employee. I'm just not blind or lazy. You're really going to argue that the crew skills vendor gets as much user traffic as a GTN terminal, mailbox, or cargo bay? My assertion was self-evident if you just look at how many people are clustered around each GTN terminal, mailbox, and cargo bay. I'm all for quality-of-life improvements, but this' just lazy. Someone else here suggested having the Companion Customization vendor in the Bazaar, and I can support that, because of the point that the vendor for that is on a whole other planet, and not 15 seconds away in the same instance. That is a suggestion that makes sense.

If it's taking you a "few minutes" to get from the Bazaar to the vendor, even walking with Sprint off, it sounds like you have a serious problem with your computer. :p Here's a better suggestion that would solve all your future vendor needs so that you never have to move: some kind of vendor companion that follows you around and sells every item from every vendor in the game.

Edited by HeatRacer

No, I'm not an employee. I'm just not blind or lazy. You're really going to argue that the crew skills vendor gets as much user traffic as a GTN terminal, mailbox, or cargo bay? My assertion was self-evident if you just look at how many people are clustered around each GTN terminal, mailbox, and cargo bay. I'm all for quality-of-life improvements, but this' just lazy. Someone else here suggested having the Companion Customization vendor in the Bazaar, and I can support that, because of the point that the vendor for that is on a whole other planet, and not 15 seconds away in the same instance. That is a suggestion that makes sense.

If it's taking you a "few minutes" to get from the Bazaar to the vendor, even walking with Sprint off, it sounds like you have a serious problem with your computer. :p Here's a better suggestion that would solve all your future vendor needs so that you never have to move: some kind of vendor companion that follows you around and sells every item from every vendor in the game.

You're just being unnecessarily nasty. :rolleyes:

Just because some improvement won't affect some kind of minimun number you have in your head as to what is worth it, it doesn't mean it's not an improvement worth making. Sheesh.

You're just being unnecessarily nasty. :rolleyes:

Just because some improvement won't affect some kind of minimun number you have in your head as to what is worth it, it doesn't mean it's not an improvement worth making. Sheesh.

Really? Because last I checked, it was the OP that started up with the snark and insults.

Edited by HeatRacer

I remember when I complained about them, a poster suggested I get the field repair unlock. With it, once an hour IIRC you get a vendor next to you who will flux you.

I actually use the VIP area since there is a GTN, MB and CH within feet of each other. With the above bot to give me crafting mats it is great.

This isn't about items in the Cartel Market, rather it's about the Cartel Market area on the Fleet.

The CM already has a GTN terminal, a Mail Box, and Cargo Hold access. If it just had a Crew Skill Vendor, it would be a perfect place to do crafting without having to leave the area to get crafting supplies. There are several "unused" NPCs already there that could be used, or, of course, one (or 2) could be added.

well your legacy ship droid 3 already does this..upgrade it and wont have to worry about it.

well your legacy ship droid 3 already does this..upgrade it and wont have to worry about it.

You cannot upgrate your legacy ship droid and it never offers that, you mean the field repair droid, which is only a character perk and not a legacy wide unlock.