ESO ANGRY REVIEW (Angry Joe)

ImmortalLowlife

I'm glad I watched this video. My WoW friends were trying to tease me into playing it but after watching review and seeing the gameplay from it, I'm in zero hurry to try it now.

Then you must be very small minded if you take the word of a single person to make your decision

my opinions on Angry Joe are mixed. sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't but he tends to be entertaining to watch regardless. that said... a lot of things he points out? are, well... there. how he feels about the the issues is an opinion, but existence of issues? is not (incidentally, I died myself a few times thanks to crashes and weird teleports that didn't quite work out and had to take repair costs.. which I could barely afford at the time :/ ) I disagree that the game is completely lacking in whoah moments (though maybe its just me - I found a lot of the scenery just... whoa-worthy, spend a fair bit of time, climbing around exploring and taking screenshots - sooo pretty)

I do wish they release a free trial or referral or something. becasue right now, their chances of getting new players that didn't get to try out Beta are... not so great.

P.S. my SO finally tried out the game today, while I was napping. now. he's a huge fan of elder scrolls and Bethesda games in general. you don't want to know how many hours he has invested into Skyrim or the amount of mods he runs there. he's a hell of a lot more invested into the lore and the games then I am. he's also more avid pvper then I am. (we played pretty much all the same MMO's with varying degrees of preference. Warhammer for a long time was his home away from home). he played ESo. created different characters in different factions. and.. he was pretty much done. not the game for him. even if it was free to play. which I found absolutely fascinating, because in theory, ESO was practically tailor made for him. in practice.... not so much.

which doesn't mean people cannot enjoy it - I also know multiple people who are, well, maybe not addicted, but definitely loving the hell out of it.

but Angry Joe does make some pretty good points.

I'll most likely check out the game again in a few months, give or take. I don't regret buying imperial edition. but its still not worth subscription to me in its current state. and some of the reasons for that I kinda similar to those Joe brings up.

Erm, yes it was. Angry Joe pointed out all the reasons why it was the worst game. Feature stripping being one, some people couldn't even play the game. And yes, the AI has never been great but it hasnt been THIS stupid. Considering it was Rome 2, it was nothing more than a cash grab from Sega.

They knew full well that people would buy it thanks to Rome 1 so they could churn out a pile of crap, bribe PC Gamer, IGN and others to score it 8/9 out of 10 and everyone is happy - apart from the consumer.

Go watch Angry Joes review and see for yourself. Then read the above corrupt media sites and see the difference for yourself. It's great that Joe posts footage in his videos to expose the glaring issues with any game like ESO and Rome 2

meh Rome II was a disappointment thats for sure and it was a cash grab but it was far from the WORST game of 2013 that honour belongs to "Ride to Hell: Retribution"

Erm, yes it was. Angry Joe pointed out all the reasons why it was the worst game. Feature stripping being one, some people couldn't even play the game. And yes, the AI has never been great but it hasnt been THIS stupid. Considering it was Rome 2, it was nothing more than a cash grab from Sega.

They knew full well that people would buy it thanks to Rome 1 so they could churn out a pile of crap, bribe PC Gamer, IGN and others to score it 8/9 out of 10 and everyone is happy - apart from the consumer.

Go watch Angry Joes review and see for yourself. Then read the above corrupt media sites and see the difference for yourself. It's great that Joe posts footage in his videos to expose the glaring issues with any game like ESO and Rome 2

It's all just a matter of opinion...the ratings...calling it "the worst game"...for some its the best game. And you can't really say that consumer reviews are a good place for reviews when there's people on metacritic and stuff voting 0/10 just for the hell of it.

There are obviously issues with ESO but many of those can be fixed. I wasn't surprised when joe gave it a 5/10. He's not much of an MMOrpg gamer anyway.

Or you know...you could just play the game for yourself and decide instead of judging it on reviews.

Edited by Elite-Defender

ESO much like TOR (and Rome 2 since it was brought up), is a game crushed by the weight of the expectations that come with the IP they licensed. It was never going to be a genuine ES experience. But not to take anything away from zenimax, they did mess up plenty you wouldn't expect. Whoever says TOR is a single player mmo never tried ESO.

While TOR botched up PvP and made a good crack at the PvE side of it ESO did it the other way around.

OverHype express rattles forward along it's tracks, next stop, Wildstar.

Edited by aeterno

ESO much like TOR (and Rome 2 since it was brought up), is a game crushed by the weight of the expectations that come with the IP they licensed. It was never going to be a genuine ES experience. But not to take anything away from zenimax, they did mess up plenty you wouldn't expect. Whoever says TOR is a single player mmo never tried ESO.

While TOR botched up PvP and made a good crack at the PvE side of it ESO did it the other way around.

OverHype express rattles forward along it's tracks, next stop, Wildstar.

This.

At a certain point, you will all realize.

MMO market is a drab,dreary, cruel and unabatedly suicidal market that where dreams go to die.

Creative devs turn into code typing machines, excitable community reps turn into drones of corporate.

This is what the MMO market is.

Nothing new ever happens. Nothing is permitted, and everything is a lie in this market.

So there is NO "the" MMO out there. YOu just find one you like and play it. You hope to get some good friends in game, because that's what plays an MMO, the friends.

Reality is this: Hype kills. Hype killed every single MMO since WoW. No MMO however, got destroyed completely. Evven the *******st of them survives, whether it be with 10k players or 100k. But they do survive. No MMO really dies before its lifetime.

The only exception to that rule was probably Matrix Online. Even SWG made it thru until another SW mmo hit the market,, which in reality, was something I never saw happening.

Wildstar will be hailed as a masterpiece by some, epicfail by some others, and an average MMO by the most of us. Because, (surprise surprise) the majority outlook on MMOs usually hold true. ESO, a very average game with decent PvP ( beta impressions).

That's just it folks. Either grab your **** and get the hell outta MMO gaming, or accept the reality.

This market is a hell.

P.S.: Eric Musco is probably the only community manager I've seen that kept a semblance of sanity. After watching what happened at GW2 side...*shivers* I think Eric should thank the Gods Above for the fortitude he had.

Angry Joe is right in his complaints but I think he kind of just quickly glosses through the positives at the end, but he is right there when he says the PvP will be what carries the game. for many. It does for me. I love this type of PvP which is practically the opposite type of PvP here; but the PvE and grouping here is better, yet it's not something I particularly cared about; so I guess SWTOR was right in the wrong places and ESO is just right in the right places for my tates.

Even in the, though; I think they run the risk that a lot of people like the illusion of "competitive" PvP and feel that zerging is the only way in the large scale so they could use incentivizing smaller group fights in towns a little more, and they also should be making it viable to level in their PvP as to not put off the people who are there for that Cyrodiil experience by forcing them to level in PvE that even the PvEers are not all that hot on.

I also am a huge fan of the character build options. So many skills I am free to change and try different things. I spent the majority of my early days in SWG when it launched trying different things and ESO has been no different there. Always broke from paying to change but I love it. My problem is, I see someone using something that looks like it might be what I am doing so I feel compelled to be more unique. lol

For all the issues caused by phasing in ESO I do wish BW would look at it and move to develop something along those lines.

Whereas ESO perhaps overdoes it TO on the other hand being utterly static is even worse.

I don't know... I prefer TOR's phased areas, personally. becasue at least they allow you to quest with friends. even if I don't do that majority of the time - being able to when I want to, while with ESO - I cannot do that, pretty much ever... is just... why? (and wow did the same thing, starting with Cataclysm and it was just as sucky then :/)

should they do something to change the world to feel more dynamic? probably. but its not like ESO is doing any better :/ those guards that nonchalantly say hello to you while city is under siege and basically don't more from their spot? is not much different from the soldiers in TOR, shooting at each other, while killing no one.

edited to add. I know its not angry joe, but.. still highly amusing :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9083-The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-We-Can-MMO-Too

Edited by Jeweledleah