The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Top 10 under-rated Force Users

Aurbere

I never said Nihilus wasn't weakened, I just am saying he wasn't weakened so badly.

Also again he lifted up the ship while on a darkside nexus, that isn't an indicator of his standard power.

Also yes he can drain planets and yes he does get weakened over time with not feeding, but according to sources he fed on planets before arriving at Telos and also together both Suirk and Visas defeated him, makes no mention of him being weakened.

Which is what I said... but I also said that you pretty much made that up, unless you have a source.

He doesn't have a standard power, but the notion that he used Malachor's power is pure speculation.

It does make mention?

When Nihilus tries feeding on the Jedi, his hunger is mysteriously repelled, as if confronted by his exact polar opposite. Psychically starved by the effort, the Dark Lord falls to the Jedi, and Nihilus the man dissolves into oblivion.

Seems to me that he expended much of that power effectively trying to consume a black hole, which if we are to use as an analogy would suggest that the colliding force, his force power, was totally annihilated by it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is what I said... but I also said that you pretty much made that up, unless you have a source.

He doesn't have a standard power, but the notion that he used Malachor's power is pure speculation.

It does make mention?

When Nihilus tries feeding on the Jedi, his hunger is mysteriously repelled, as if confronted by his exact polar opposite. Psychically starved by the effort, the Dark Lord falls to the Jedi, and Nihilus the man dissolves into oblivion.

Seems to me that he expended much of that power effectively trying to consume a black hole, which if we are to use as an analogy would suggest that the colliding force, his force power, was totally annihilated by it.

How is it speculation? Malachor is a darkside nexus right? Therefore, it will give the person great force prowess to use and do things that normally they wouldn't be able to outside of the nexus.

But fine we can leave that, the feat is ambiguous anyhow.

Yet see now we have conflicting sources here. Although in that thread where you took that quote, shows the same quote I put down. But sure fine, can leave that.

Also not only does the previous source and even the wookiee say that both Sion and Nihilus drained Traya, but so does the campaign guide.

Ousting Traya with Darth Sion's help. - Taken from Kotor Campagin Guide.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

How is it speculation? Malachor is a darkside nexus right? Therefore, it will give the person great force prowess to use and do things that normally they wouldn't be able to outside of the nexus.

But fine we can leave that, the feat is ambiguous anyhow.

Yet see now we have conflicting sources here. Although in that thread where you took that quote, shows the same quote I put down. But sure fine, can leave that.

Also not only does the previous source and even the wookiee say that both Sion and Nihilus drained Traya, but so does the campaign guide.

Its speculation in the sense that it is not legitimatized in a canon source, its theoretical. I for one definitely thinks its highly logical and really mechanically very likely, but we have to consider what the authors were trying to convey. However likely they may have just not given it any thought, and they may have truly been attempting to say that this is the true extent of Nihilus power. But sure, ambiguity is certainly the correct term, honestly I feel Nihilus is ambiguous.

In regards to the source, I assume you are referring to this:

But Traya underestimates her disciples' depravity. They turn on her and drain her Force powers.

I don't think, in light of the other source and the game itself this should be taken literally. It could easily be referring to the fact that Sion was elicit in the plan, he didn't pull the trigger, but he was elicit in the action.

I mean just look

He did nothing, he literally just watched, no hand gestures, nothing. Unless the source explicity states that he did, and it certainly does not, I am going to assume that he had no literal part in draining her.

Its speculation in the sense that it is not legitimatized in a canon source, its theoretical. I for one definitely thinks its highly logical and really mechanically very likely, but we have to consider what the authors were trying to convey. However likely they may have just not given it any thought, and they may have truly been attempting to say that this is the true extent of Nihilus power. But sure, ambiguity is certainly the correct term, honestly I feel Nihilus is ambiguous.

In regards to the source, I assume you are referring to this:

But Traya underestimates her disciples' depravity. They turn on her and drain her Force powers.

I don't think, in light of the other source and the game itself this should be taken literally. It could easily be referring to the fact that Sion was elicit in the plan, he didn't pull the trigger, but he was elicit in the action.

I mean just look

He did nothing, he literally just watched, no hand gestures, nothing. Unless the source explicity states that he did, and it certainly does not, I am going to assume that he had no literal part in draining her.

Why would he need to do anything? He could have just been giving his power to Nihilus beforehand and then have Nihilus do it. Why would the sources say Sion was involved in some point or helping?

But still, shows that both of them did work together to take down Traya, it wasn't just Nihilus. At any rate, through all this we agree anyway...so moving on to...well wherever we were at.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Why would he need to do anything? He could have just been giving his power to Nihilus beforehand and then have Nihilus do it. Why would the sources say Sion was involved in some point or helping?

But still, shows that both of them did work together to take down Traya, it wasn't just Nihilus. At any rate, through all this we agree anyway...so moving on to...well wherever we were at.

That would involved sapping Sion dry... seems unlikely when Nihilus could just om nom on Malachor.

As I said, he was elicit in the betrayal but clearly did not carry out every act.

On topic I'll withdraw my nomination for Sion, if there is a over-estimated thread on him many must be hyping him up.

See, that's why I indicated Nihilus, a lot of people still relate the totality of his powers to his Drain skill or to a Dark Side Nexus. They also don't see that his defeat at the hands of Surik was due to the fact she was a wound in the Force. It's not a possibility, it's a fact, if Surik was a "normal" Force user, she would have no chance against him.

Nihilus feat on Malachor also can't be credited on the fact he was on a Nexus. The fact he was there doesn't mean he had to tap on that "extra" power, also, he was able to keep the Ravager together as he traveled throughout the Galaxy, so no, he doesn't need to be on a Nexus to perform this. And to say that Sion helped him to strip Traya from her powers... well, anyone who played the game and saw the cutscene knows that this makes no sense.

Edited by marcelo_sdk

See, that's why I indicated Nihilus, a lot of people still relate the totality of his powers to his Drain skill or to a Dark Side Nexus. They also don't see that his defeat at the hands of Surik was due to the fact she was a wound in the Force. It's not a possibility, it's a fact, if Surik was a "normal" Force user, she would have no chance against him.

Nihilus feat on Malachor also can't be credited on the fact she was on a Nexus. The fact he was there doesn't mean he had to tap on that "extra" power, also, he was able to keep the Ravager together as he traveled throughout the Galaxy, so no, he doesn't need to be on a Nexus to perform this. And to say that Sion helped him to strip Traya from her powers... well, anyone who played the game and saw the cutscene knows that this makes no sense.

:D:cool: /sob sob