What was your biggest /facepalm moment?

Hunterkat

I may have missed the fact that there were stats for the the first 28 levels........ Lv 28 mercenary rolling around with some willpower gloves, strength chest, cunning boots.... hey it looked nice, but now i understand why i would nearly die after every fight. note to self *bounty hunters use aim*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have missed the fact that there were stats for the the first 28 levels........ Lv 28 mercenary rolling around with some willpower gloves, strength chest, cunning boots.... hey it looked nice, but now i understand why i would nearly die after every fight. note to self *bounty hunters use aim*

You eventually realized it, though . . . I've run into people at level 50 who hadn't yet.

There is couple....

Pressing "project" instead of "force lift" on SnV Oasis City (and yes, my abilities were on quickbar exactly on that order they appear there once you train them :cool: I also had never heard about keybinding or mouse turning :rolleyes:)

When I realized you have unlimited range on TfB last fight :eek: I desperately ran after tank trying to heal him ... And naturally died to slam :p

Carrying ball to our goal with 5% HP on Huttball (Sage who pulled me off, thank you!)

Bashing Calphayus outside his shield and thinking why doesn't he take damage :mad:

Thinking "Kite Raptus" is synonymous for "Facetank Raptus" :rolleyes:

And good old Corruptor Zero and his lasers ...

Yes... I am a noob and know it well :p:D:cool:

You eventually realized it, though . . . I've run into people at level 50 who hadn't yet.

True story. :cool: At level 49 I struggled with my Shadow Consular to defeat the final boss on Corellia. I kept dying. My kin grouped and saved my hide. That said, later some random person on fleet whispers me my armor was all wrong and explained it all to me. It was half Willpower and half strength. My silly mind thought "Hey I have all these strike attacks, I need Strength!". Suffice it to say I think back fondly on this utter mistake lol. It was the most epic of my many fails. All the credits spent upgrading was wasted, and that being my first character it was costly.

I've also jumped that taxi railing on Coruscant which leads to a great sky diving experience.

Too many /e chat typos to mention. Forgetting to put the / can look so ridiculous.

I can't mention how many times I've pulled mobs during Heroic 4's just at the end. You know when the last enemy is almost dead, and you hit a number hotkey and Force Lightning or shoot at the mob next to the one you just killed because that last enemy died as you were pressing it? And this usually leads to your team being wiped because no one had a chance to heal and our energy is mostly spent so healers can't heal. Lots of angry teammates when everyone has to repair their high level armors. :o

Edited by LeonSunrider

I can't mention how many times I've pulled mobs during Heroic 4's just at the end. You know when the last enemy is almost dead, and you hit a number hotkey and Force Lightning or shoot at the mob next to the one you just killed because that last enemy died as you were pressing it? And this usually leads to your team being wiped because no one had a chance to heal and our energy is mostly spent so healers can't heal. Lots of angry teammates when everyone has to repair their high level armors. :o

I only just figured out how to turn this off (extremely annoying as my sniper, charging an ability and enemy dies, suddenly it chooses my next target for me and I have to try to cancel my shot before it fires, often failing).

ESC -> Preferances -> auto target next enemy (might be nearest enemy). its visible from the default page the prefences opens to.

This stops it happening, though also prevents you targeting enemys that attack you (when you speeder past and they shoot at you, you will now have to target manually.)

Edited by BobFredJohn

Ok. Here is a new one... just happened to me this past week. I wasn't going to bring it up... but its time for full disclosure.

I was leading some fresh 55 guildies through a run of SnV having some fun. We were all making fun of each other and kidding around as we always do, but then I got serious. I told them there was a bridge boss going into the last fight and that they had to be ready to jump through the hole in the bridge to avoid a one shot kill. They followed me closely as we crossed the bridge and as we got the hole, it was my intention to have them jump to their deaths of course, I hit the wrong key and jumped right into the hole myself.

When I bought my 23:th caracter server unock and the game tells me that I can not unlock it because it is the maximum allowed.

THAT was my biggest facepalm moment since pre-launch

Had to give it away to a guild friend, well atleast he got happey