The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crime and Punishment in SW

theUndead

Okay so I was thinking about this recently. Ever since I first started immersing myself in SW lore it dawned on me the magnitude of the amount of death, destruction and crime in the galaxy. I mean when you think about it, all the major events in SW revolve around galactic war and genocide, combine that with the amount of assassinations, smuggling and you have a pretty gritty picture.

Yet in this game for the first time I was shown that their IS a police force so to speak, and a prison system aka the prison planet Belsavis. So the question I pose is when you think about the mass killings of the various SW characters and the mass genocides of the wars, how can you possibly have any law and order? I mean for example take Durge who killed hundred of Jedi single handedly was he ever brought to justice? No, he was killed.

I may not have worded this correctly, I guess I was thinking about how you can possibly police a galaxy when their is so much death, murder, thievery etc.

You can, just that during war...well that isn't really shown the focus of. But there are police forces such as...

The Royal Naboo Security Force

Coruscant Security Force

Imperial Office of Criminal Investigations(the GE also has a secret police, the ISB)

Senate Commandos

Courscant Guard

Probably some others I'm forgetting.

But they are there, they just aren't shown the focus of.

Also you can't really police an entire galaxy, it's really on a planet by planet thing. In the Outer Rim planets, such as Tatooine, you have a problem with someone or whatever. You pick up a blaster and kill the guy.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You can, just that during war...well that isn't really shown the focus of. But there are police forces such as...

The Royal Naboo Security Force

Coruscant Security Force

Imperial Office of Criminal Investigations(the GE also has a secret police, the ISB)

Senate Commandos

Courscant Guard

Probably some others I'm forgetting.

But they are there, they just aren't shown the focus of.

Also you can't really police an entire galaxy, it's really on a planet by planet thing. In the Outer Rim planets, such as Tatooine, you have a problem with someone or whatever. You pick up a blaster and kill the guy.

Wonderful. Thanks for the response, but you see therein lies in an issue on Tat it seems to be a complete free for all and when you shoot the a guy no one punishes you?

Wonderful. Thanks for the response, but you see therein lies in an issue on Tat it seems to be a complete free for all and when you shoot the a guy no one punishes you?

Right because Tatooine is controlled by crime lords, they don't really care much about the law. I mean take for example in ANH, Han just outright fried Greedo and no one really did anything, all Han did was toss a credit chip to the bartender and leave.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Right because Tatooine is controlled by crime lords, they don't really care much about the law. I mean take for example in ANH, Han just outright fried Greedo and no one really did anything, all Han did was toss a credit chip to the bartender and leave.

Heck, Obi-Wan cut a dudes hand off and then went and sat down with Han and Chewie for a bit. Sure, they left when the troopers came in, but it seemed like the troopers were just looking for the droids and stumbled into the aftermath of the fight.

Right because Tatooine is controlled by crime lords.

Ofc, crossing one of those crime lords is likely to result in punishment and people on their pay lists are surely protected by their power and threat of retribution. Hell, I'm sure anyone with tribute or favors to offer could ask a crime lord to give them "justice".