Anyone else about to cancel?

Antediluvian_One

Numerous ppl have complained. On the Nvidia forums on the ATI forums and on SWTOR forums... soo your wrong?

Yes you are wrong, I have a 3 1/2 year old computer with intel quad (forget cpu speed)running 9800 Gtx Sli, and 6 gigs of DDR ram and runs smooth as butter, You see what happens is there are thousand as its has been mentioned currently playing just fine....if that is the case, "numerous" dont cut it. I'm sure there are problems for people, however do you know how many different computer configurations there are? Its 4 days since launch FFS.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people saying there frame rates per sec are low, I think this is more an issue with your hardware.

Ways to increase FPS can be the following.

- Disabling shadows, set to OFF not low.

- Disabling Vnsync, through the game and graphics driver 3d settings.

- If you want vynsc ON then enable tripple buffering in graphic driver 3d settings.

- if using Windows 7, change desktop from Aero to Standard Win7, as Aero hoggs memory.

Update your graphics driver from nvidia.com or amd.com (ATI) depending on what graphics card you got.

These should help a bit.

I am not sure...

1. I don't want to lfg for 2 hours just to finish a quest or flashpoint on a server with a queue

2. There is tooooooo many exp so I have to skip every 2nd planet and rush my class quests vs grey npcs

3. Some worlds are massive and empty. Alderaan for example - you enter it, 10 quests and you move on to the next part of the zone. Dunno why but they placed lvl40 mobs on the northern part of the map...

4. Tooo many world instances and the whole game feels empty, like I am the only person on this world :x

5. Flashpoint integration...just a stupid hub. They are not part of a quest chain, so ppl like to skip them - I don't want to rush for endgame, I want to enjoy their work of 5 years. See point 1 -> lfg for 2 hours.

6. Crafting is useless. You can have the best equipment for those emblem things or for credits from npc vendors.

7. Auction house is a mess, not even a direct search. also the map markers are bugged from distance

8. no lfg tool / global channel, no trade channel

Edited by squiek

Nope. I love the game, and have experienced very few issues. For a game that just released, it's one of the most polished MMOs I've ever seen. Don't know what's wrong with you, OP. Games don't get better than this.

games dont get better than this,lmao i hope ur a troll

After the first several days of putting up with this game, I am about to.

This game most definitely was NOT ready for release. The bugs are too numerous to list and many are major ones. Bioware is not paying me for my time to generate a proper bug report and so I will not further waste it.

Here are just a few...

1. Numerous archeology nodes on every planet I've been to so far cannot be interacted with. Mousing over the node does not cause the cursor to change and right clicking on the node does nothing. Yet it shows up on the map as a node. A minor thing perhaps, but very annoying when you kill your way through a bunch of mobs to get to it. How did such a thing make it to release?

2. When interacting with a pvp gear vendor, selecting the sort option to show me only gear that is useable by my character does nothing. I am still shown the complete list of gear available even though I cannot use the vast majority of it.

3. I constantly need to dismiss and then re-summon my companion to get him to be with me when I jump off even a small ledge or rock. This is not 100% of the time, but often enough that I wish I had a macro for it.

These are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head. If I actually cataloged every problem encountered in the game, I could write a book.

Here is the BIG one.

My son's BH has been completely prevented from progressing in the game as he cannot move past a class quests.

This is now known to apply to male BHs as well as my son has experienced it. Right now, he cannot progress his character at all and this condition is going on two full days now. The reply to his in-game ticket took well over 24 hours and it was a canned reply at that.

24+ hours for a canned reply with no specific information about what is being done to resolve the issue nor any estimate of a time frame to do so? This company knows nothing about customer "support".

My gameplay experience is well less than optimal and I am now wondering why I payed for 3-months up front.

I am now about to go see if I can cancel the account for a full refund.

Bioware...

You seriously need to fix this game. It has great potential and there is much to like about it.

However, it was (still is) NOT ready for release. Not even close. I for one would much preferred to of waited another month or three for a more mature product than to be asked to pay a subscription just so that I can beta test it.

Please get it right.

1. Not gamebreaking

2. Not gamebreaking

3. Not gamebreaking

What is wrong with your sons bh? And did you ever think that you would get 100% support when that many people are playing the game AND its xmas?

You need to fix your own game. Just yesterday I ran into a bug that made the game unplayable, created a lot of flickering. Turns out the problem was closing swtor and reopening. I suspect the problem was a memory leak. I spent an hour or so researching the problem and it appears that swtor occasionally has memory leaks that lead to flickering.

The point is playing pc games is much like fixing bugs in programming. I had a problem with many other games, recently t he shogun 2 game and I had to test the game under different settings until I found a solution to the loading problem I was experiencing, was not loading the game. However, I have had very serious problem with games in the past requiring a lot of research and in some cases hardware upgrades.

You can't expect a pc gaming company to fix your problems. That's not how pc games work. I suspect the people suffering from fps issues are due to running old pc. You can't run new pc games with an old pc.

Now for every person complaining about fps issue why don't you list your hardware? I'm running a duo core and a 5850 and the game runs smooth with only minor server lag spikes. Thus, I don't see how you won't be able to run the game with a similar or better pc. If not, then the problem is a software problem. In the most extreme cases you might need to reformat. This doesn't just apply to swtor, but to any pc software. As I stated, pc gaming requires you to fix your own problems and not just wait for a fix like console systems.

Throughout the years, I had many problems with pc games not running for various reason. What you do when you have a problem is the same thing you do when you run into a problem programming. You look it up on the internet and you check reference manuals. It's very time consuming, like fixing a programming bug. If the problem cannot be fix by software solution, then you need to check your hardware settings. if you can't fix the problem by modifying existing software or hardware, then the problem is a hardware problem.

I had fps problem with kotor 1 on my old single core pc many years ago. I tried getting the game to run with playable fps and no matter the settings of the hardware or software the game would not run smooth. The solution was to buy a new computer. There times when the only solution is to buy a new pc to fix fps issues.

Edited by Knockerz

Eh, I have had FPS issues. Usually my game runs from pretty damn smooth but sometimes there are unexplainable dips in FPS where there should not be.

I love the game but there has been an issue with some people, even some with very good and new rigs.

It is an issue, probably related to memory leaks. But am I going to cancel my subscription for something that will be ironed out and does not make the game unplayable for me? Hell no!

I am having a great time, been playing EQ2 for the last 5 years and this is a breath of fresh air. Only thing I really want is a way to turn off/turn down xp so I can enjoy the journey.

As for the FPS issue I wish I knew the answer but I have the game on 2 computers...one new(ish) Win 7 and the other an aging old gaming machine 5 years old with a 2 or 3 year old graphics card ((Win XP 32 bit Core 2 duo 2.66ghz (2 core) 3 gb ram, ati 4850 1 gb)) and it runs fine...between 25 and 75 fps at 1920x1080 with a mix of low and med settings and 4xAA forced through Catalyst.

I find the game to be remarkably bug free for a new release and most of all...its hella fun to play. I like the lack of loading/zoning, really helps with immersion when you just run through the green "forcefield" and right into your instance with no pause.

Every single issue OP has listed has been verified as a bug by the dev team.

Every single one.

Just because you may not have experienced these bugs, does not mean OP is just "stupid" or "making it up".

Its unfortunate, because many people are just being hit with pretty much every bug under the sun. Not most, maybe not even a large percentage. But those people are frustrated, and I can't blame them for wanting to quit. I can't even recommend this game to my friends until the majority of these issues have been addressed, because I don't want them to flame me for talking them into spending money on a product that may make them unhappy.

Yes, every MMO has problems at launch. Does SWTOR have more than most? Irrelevant. What is relevant is how this individual feels, and nobody has a right to disqualify those feelings.

To OP: Take a look in a few months when the dev team has had a chance to iron things out. I have confidence you'll find the experience much more enjoyable.

After the first several days of putting up with this game, I am about to.

This game most definitely was NOT ready for release. The bugs are too numerous to list and many are major ones. Bioware is not paying me for my time to generate a proper bug report and so I will not further waste it.

Here are just a few...

1. Numerous archeology nodes on every planet I've been to so far cannot be interacted with. Mousing over the node does not cause the cursor to change and right clicking on the node does nothing. Yet it shows up on the map as a node. A minor thing perhaps, but very annoying when you kill your way through a bunch of mobs to get to it. How did such a thing make it to release?

2. When interacting with a pvp gear vendor, selecting the sort option to show me only gear that is useable by my character does nothing. I am still shown the complete list of gear available even though I cannot use the vast majority of it.

3. I constantly need to dismiss and then re-summon my companion to get him to be with me when I jump off even a small ledge or rock. This is not 100% of the time, but often enough that I wish I had a macro for it.

These are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head. If I actually cataloged every problem encountered in the game, I could write a book.

Here is the BIG one.

My son's BH has been completely prevented from progressing in the game as he cannot move past a class quests.

This is now known to apply to male BHs as well as my son has experienced it. Right now, he cannot progress his character at all and this condition is going on two full days now. The reply to his in-game ticket took well over 24 hours and it was a canned reply at that.

24+ hours for a canned reply with no specific information about what is being done to resolve the issue nor any estimate of a time frame to do so? This company knows nothing about customer "support".

My gameplay experience is well less than optimal and I am now wondering why I payed for 3-months up front.

I am now about to go see if I can cancel the account for a full refund.

Bioware...

You seriously need to fix this game. It has great potential and there is much to like about it.

However, it was (still is) NOT ready for release. Not even close. I for one would much preferred to of waited another month or three for a more mature product than to be asked to pay a subscription just so that I can beta test it.

Please get it right.

Your gonna quit a game cause a few gathering nodes cant be harvested? Really....?

I'm about to cancel!

Errors make me unable to connect and Bioware does nothing about it except blaming my hardware and internet connection.... the same I use for playing every serious game on the market !!

Seriously.. queues, errors codes, poor graphics (yet the hardware requirements are huge)... crappy forum with no admin EVER helping out.....

DO SOMETHING BIOWARE!!!

I think so. That mobile card is a piece of ****.

Or, you know, rather than talking out of your *** about something you obviously know nothing about, you can try to be helpful.

No, it shouldn't be running at that low of an FPS. There's some issues with the latest Forceware drivers that both the devs and NVidia have verified. This is one of the big reasons why HD textures are currently turned off in-game.

There's a beta Forceware release dated 12/21 that has optimization for Skyrim. It also seems to address a handful of issues in SWTOR for many people, as well as enabling proper forced AA and AF. After updating to this driver I personally am running around 60-70fps in most areas with 16X AA and AF (forced, of course) with full shadows, dynamic lighting, bloom, etc. And I'm on a pretty mediocre machine -- Core2Duo 2.33 with 4gb DDR2 1333 and a GTX460.

Keep in mind, the 460 -is- a beast compared to the 540, but even as an entry-level mobile graphics solution, the 540 should be able to handle conservative settings just fine.

I'm not about to cancel, but I can understand how someone can be pushed to quit.

1. Lack of music playing in the game. Where's the combat and general exploration music that you can enable in every other MMO but this one? without the music this game feels really flat. I can't tell people enough how much this really really bothers me.

2. Hoods, hoods, hoods and oh look more hoods! Seriously the JK classes gets the same 2 hooded armour models over and over again and we don't even get the choice to put our hoods down. it would be nice to have other options in regards to choosing how we look. I rolled a Trooper just so could equip something that didn't have a hood.

2. Orange gear which is supposed to help us diversify and yet orange gear is next to impossible to find and when you do find some orange gear that you can use... doh! it's hooded!?! What's the point of Orange gear if it looks exactly the same as all the other crap we've been forced to wear.

3. Zone populations are terrible, we have a full server, I had to que to get in and yet when I load into Taris I never see anyone else unless I'm forming a group to do Heroics. I could suffer having to compete for mob resourses if I get to see and play with more players in any given World instance. I felt lonely throughout my leveling experience, it was like playing on a old EQ2 server as a newb where your the only one on the starter Island cos everyone else is already at cap.

4. My Kira companion is bugged, I can't initiate any convo's with her. I've sent a bug report and even asked for direct help in resetting her but I get no reply from any Bioware rep. So I've shelved my main because I don't want to hit 50, have them finally patch a fix and then to have Kira Carsen Dialogue overload.

Edited by spacemonkey

Nope, the game is fine for me other than a 10-20min que. As for your list of issues:

1 - The node has already been used by another player and needs to regenerate.

2 - What character are you playing? Maybe you can use everything....

3 - My companions do that, but I don't re-summon them, they tend to appear next to me a few seconds later. The UI does need improving, but I haven't seen this as a dramatic issue.

I do see that there may be an issue with the BH quests, but none of the people in my guild have experienced it. You need to be patient on day 3 of launch. There are issues, but QQing and Rage-Quitting will not solve your problem at all.

1. NO, some nodes are never able to be harvested, they just sit there on your map and cant be clicked, its a massive bug, esp with archaology, but also with other profs.

2. This option does not work for any character, go check it yourself.

3. Companions get stuck all the time, esp when harvesting they stand 30ft from the node, dont collect it and wont move, you have to dismiss, harvest yourself and resummon

There are fps bugs, graphical bugs, clipping bugs (esp in hutball), quest bug, ...... considering the extensive beta, this is just unaccceptable.