Resolve doesn't come soon enough, and doesn't last long enough.

Fevee

The suggestion has already been spelled out in the title.

Seriously, in PvP, I'm stunned and stunned and stunned and stunned and stunned and stunned and rooted and stunned. You'd think the anti stun Resolve would kick in, or something.

Oh, wait, there it is ... and I'm back at the respawn point behind the respawn gate. WHAT GOOD DOES RESOLVE DO YOU WHEN YOU'RE DEAD?!

So, yes, make it come sooner, and make it last longer, so we can actually benefit from it. :mad:

Huh, that's what it's supposed to do? (I generally don't bother with anything pvp so I've seen this mentioned a few times but I've never actually seen an explanation of it until now.)

It's not pvp only though, is it? It seems like I've seen some weird bar (that didn't seem to affect anything) pop up in bounty event fights and other pve situations.

• 3 months later...

I have proposed this idea before so here it goes again .lol

I think they should get rid of resolve completely because from my experience it does not work. In place of resolve add a short immunity to your stun break ability that last 15 seconds, which from what I understand is how long the resolve immunity is supposed to last, this way it is available when I want to use it.

Eh, part of the problem is that since 2.0 there's been a DPS buff arms race.

Class X is way underpowered and its most skilled players can only put out 90% of the DPS of an average skilled Class Y player. Ergo Class X is not desired for and excluded from high-grade ops and ranked PVP. So Bioware ups Class X's dps.

But that buff now leaves Class Z underperforming by 10% and that class becomes the new red-headed stepchild of high-end content. So in the next class balance patch Class Z gets DPS buffs. And so on.

Meanwhile, during all these times, HP pools barely budge at all (maybe a couple percent per new tier of PVP gear), and healers, which are better balanced than DPS for PVE (but not PVP) get little attention so heal output remains relatively static even as the DPS meta inflates.

Meanwhile, stun duration and resolve remains constant through all of this, even as TTK grows shorter. It's now possible for a single player to burst a squishy from nearly full to dead during a single hardstun, where that wasn't possible before. Once upon a time, that required focus fire; now a single good DPS can do it. Certain classes have multiple hardstuns (and near on-demand crits) so even if you save your break for the second stun you are still guaranteed to die, as you will be dead the next GCD anyway even if you do break to "use your whitebar."

Not so much a resolve issue as it is a TTK issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.