Gender Changes/Advanced Class Changes?

JaceMatai

Can we get some word on this? I know there's a really long forum about AC changes with like 100k views but I'd like to hear about Bioware's stand on gender changes aswell.

pretty sure their answer on gender changes was about the same on AC changes....no

Gender is tied too much to your story (romance options) that randomly swapping at any time makes little or no sense. There are somethings that should be permanent. Your gender choice and AC choice being two of them. Since you make that choice with 100% available information.

the answer to AC changes was... maybe at some point., the answer to gender changes was a resounding no. why? becasue AC change is mechanical and will not affect any of the game flags, but its still a significant enough change to bear consideration. gender change affects far too much to even bother. unlike other games where your gender is purely decorative, in SWTOR, gender affects a great deal of content - both your class story and planetary story.

Can we get some word on this? I know there's a really long forum about AC changes with like 100k views but I'd like to hear about Bioware's stand on gender changes aswell.

Pretty sure it's been said multiple times that switching your gender is a definite no. Given how the companion interaction and several parts of the class story quests are affected by your gender, allowing you to change your gender is a much, much bigger and more complicated process than simply adding the option to the Appearance Kiosk on the Fleet.

pretty sure their answer on gender changes was about the same on AC changes....no.
Whether or not a certain segment of the forum pop want this to be true, their answer on AC changes was most recently more-or-less "Thinking about it / talking seriously about it" and it's been dead silence since then.

That said, you have to Think Like BioWare™ and ask what makes them more money: forcing people to re-level a class if they change their mind about AC (hmm, lots of extra time spent logged in = higher chance of buying things...) or charging people CC to change AC on a whim (less time logged in overall, but instant guaranteed purchase...).

Probably a wee bit overly cynical, but I'm willing to hedge that thought process enters into the discussion sooner or later. Right now I think "more time logged in" is winning.

It's not, and never will be, because it personally offends a small segment of players that someone can reroll their AC without releveling — BW doesn't care. They care about a) credits and b) programming time/investment/complexity cost-benefit analysis and maybe c) health of the game's balance. "Steve From The Forums is very upset" is probably somewhere below "z" on that list.

To be fair Im pretty sure there is president for sex change in the game all ready. Watch this and see if you believe in your heart that Lord Krovos was always a woman.

I don't see that that sets a precedent for anything. How does one out of nowhere NPC set a precedent for gender changing PCs? Does it mysteriously rewrite every mission said PC might have done to the point where they want to change? Does it change all the dialog they may have had with crew members, some of which they may have started down the road to romancing? No? Then no, it doesn't set any kind of precedent for anything, it's just a random poster, grasping at straws.

I don't see that that sets a precedent for anything. How does one out of nowhere NPC set a precedent for gender changing PCs? Does it mysteriously rewrite every mission said PC might have done to the point where they want to change? Does it change all the dialog they may have had with crew members, some of which they may have started down the road to romancing? No? Then no, it doesn't set any kind of precedent for anything, it's just a random poster, grasping at straws.

Its a joke poking fun at the manliness of a female NPC. Lighten up sheesh.

Edited by HelinCarnate