Concealment operative gameplay ruined

ilifus

I only played operative, cause of the feeling to knock down the enemy with my first strike. It was cool and now my joy is gone:( I prefer "Debilitate" to immobilize the target (not stunning it), but to have my knock down back with my hidden strike!

Reducing the cc is a good thing, reducing the gameplay however is a BAD thing!

Sadlly i will not play operative unless they return the knock down back! :mad:

The knockdown animation (having to get up even after CC break) is the reason it was removed. However I would prefer it if they did it the way they did it on my shadow. The whole "It stuns Players & High ranking enemies, but everyone else gets knocked down :)".

At least then you can still have a smile sometimes when you knock someone down.

My issue with it is the fact that NPCs that stun you right away prevent you from getting your backstap off. Also classes with AOE stuns, and knockbacks can prevent players from getting that backstab off as well. If there isn't going to be a knockdown then a stun just like the Assassin is needed. Why they didn't just do that instead of a root is beyond me.

The knockdown animation (having to get up even after CC break) is the reason it was removed. However I would prefer it if they did it the way they did it on my shadow. The whole "It stuns Players & High ranking enemies, but everyone else gets knocked down :)".

At least then you can still have a smile sometimes when you knock someone down.

I know the reason dude, but to remove the knock down is a lame way to fix the issue, cause it is effecting the gameplay. As for the knock down - i don't play PvE, so i will not enjoy this ultra cool animation! :mad:

Of course you won't... i'll give you 2 days at most before you play your Operative again and learn to adjust to the changes.

Quite amazing how many people spit their dummies out because a change has been made to their class.

Of course you won't... i'll give you 2 days at most before you play your Operative again and learn to adjust to the changes.

That's not entirely true. Many an individual have either abandoned their class or the game entirely because of nerfs to the class. Been done many times and why the entire FTW class changing has gained its fame....especially in a game where raising a level 55 is rather quick and easy.

Quite amazing how many people spit their dummies out because a change has been made to their class.

Not sure what this part means, but resenting a sudden, unexplained or poorly thought out class nerf would be considered normal. Very rarely have I seen nerfs thought out in their entirety.

I gave up specing into Spike on my Sin. It has totally lost its appeal. not complaining really.. but its just another stun now and not satisfying at all. If i need to use it.. ill use it from cloak. I went back to Hybrid tank spec, as spike was the only thing keeping me going full tank (yes wither was nice too, but meh). Seems silly to some probably.. but i really liked the knockdown of Spike.

That's not entirely true. Many an individual have either abandoned their class or the game entirely because of nerfs to the class. Been done many times and why the entire FTW class changing has gained its fame....especially in a game where raising a level 55 is rather quick and easy.

Not sure what this part means, but resenting a sudden, unexplained or poorly thought out class nerf would be considered normal. Very rarely have I seen nerfs thought out in their entirety.

If people don't like a change then fair enough, but to come to the forum and just scream about how you won't play the class until BW revert it back?... that's just very childish behaviour and there's not a chance BW will even take it seriously. if the change is really that big of a deal then plan and write out a constructive post about it and suggest ways to readjust the balance.

And a dummy is a thing parents give to babies to keep them quiet, i believe it's called a pacifier? in the states.

I have 16 chars and the operative was my main. No knock down - no plaing with the operative! The only reason i was enjoying the class was the knock down!

Devs are just spiting on the gameplay and i am not the only one to feel like that about the operative. Actually all operatives i know are going to reroll, because of the missing knock down. It is just no fun to play! :mad:

I only played operative, cause of the feeling to knock down the enemy with my first strike. It was cool and now my joy is gone:( I prefer "Debilitate" to immobilize the target (not stunning it), but to have my knock down back with my hidden strike!

Reducing the cc is a good thing, reducing the gameplay however is a BAD thing!

The only one who suffers from that decision is you.

• 3 weeks later...

To start I want to say My main character is a Merc not an Operative. But I do play an Operative and enjoy it. I was saddened that the takedown was removed from the classes hidden strike.

Operative were always unstoppable 1 vs 1. I had no problem with this at all. But now Operatives in concealment spec are pretty weak now.

This is not my main class I play but I can see why many people will not like the changes made to the class. It seems from my point of view they were made by listening to others complain rather than making an objective pass to the class.

Operative changes are to much of a nerf for me.