Thermite what?

Verain

Thermite torpedo does infinity damage then applies some straight to hull dot? I'm a bit confused, but I'm definitely liking it. Is the dot supposed to ignore shields?

My concern is actually for proton- I think it's hard to justify a proton torp nowadays, except on the Pike, who doesn't have thermite as an option. If thermite is intended, does proton need a smallish buff?

Thermite torpedo does infinity damage then applies some straight to hull dot? I'm a bit confused, but I'm definitely liking it. Is the dot supposed to ignore shields?

My concern is actually for proton- I think it's hard to justify a proton torp nowadays, except on the Pike, who doesn't have thermite as an option. If thermite is intended, does proton need a smallish buff?

I'm actually kinda wondering if it's working as intended cause when I get a hit on a shielded target I get a damage indicator around 600 yet the tooltip would seem to indicate it should hit shields for about the same amount of damage of a concussion missile.

Proton torpedoes have pretty blueness, which makes them the best. Same deal as for lightsaber crystals and starship exhausts. ;)

All the same, we'll happily take a smallish buff for them whether they need it or not. Were you thinking lock-on time, reload time, firing arc, travel speed, greater range, or all of the above?

As a heavy user, I have to say that probability of successful lock-launch-hit and rate of fire are more interesting than damage amount on protons. Guess I wouldn't mind a bit of extra range either, but even with fairly ridiculous hull damage numbers on thermite I don't feel much damage envy when using protons. Protons are a bit better for general use I think, and their problems lie more in the direction of rate of successful shots per time unit than total damage per shot. Ignoring shields is really good, provided you can hit the target at all. Starting a lock for the third or fourth time in a row against a skilled target can get a bit old. At any rate, I'd give the 2.7 changes a chance to settle in and get comfortable before trying to buff protons.

Well, we know this- the listed damage in both cases COUNTS the dot. And it has the baseline 20% shield pierce. The question is mostly, is the dot ignoring shield, and is that correct?

That explains a lot. I've noticed the DOT though does seem to be direct to hull, or at least a portion of it damages the hull. Which I'm not complaining about.

Also, what on EARTH does "Deals an additional 15% damage every 15 seconds" even MEAN?

For how long? A dot that ticks every 15 seconds? This talent is really hella undefined!

It means that you're supposed to wear oven mitts while loading the tubes.

Also, what on EARTH does "Deals an additional 15% damage every 15 seconds" even MEAN?

For how long? A dot that ticks every 15 seconds? This talent is really hella undefined!

It's called an editing error.

Obviously it is meant to read, "Deals an additional 15% damage over 15 seconds."