Feedback from a subscriber and why I'm losing faith in the game.

Hyde_v

That and accounts that unsubscribe should have posting privileges removed the moment they complete the process - regardless of how much time they have left on their subscription. Combine that with a Trojan Horse referral protection plan and we'd lose all of maybe, what ... 40 forum "personalities"? Compared to the ½ million or so active subscribers who are directly supporting the game, that .0001% population loss becomes addition by subtraction imho.

I agree with the referral "subs" that haven't paid not having posting privileges.

But part of what someone is paying for with their sub is a month's worth of full forum access, as well as the game access. While BW could absolutely change those terms, I don't think it would be a good move.

If someone is paid up for the month, s/he should get the full perks for the month. (Or however long they've paid for.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the referral "subs" that haven't paid not having posting privileges.

But part of what someone is paying for with their sub is a month's worth of full forum access, as well as the game access. While BW could absolutely change those terms, I don't think it would be a good move.

If someone is paid up for the month, s/he should get the full perks for the month. (Or however long they've paid for.)

Ya ... I guess there really isn't a way to lessen the effects of someone going postal on their way out. :o Edited by GalacticKegger

Ya ... I guess there really isn't a way to prevent upset folks from going postal on their way out. :o

People "going postal" is something that's easy enough to ignore, and along with those "This game sux! F*** you TORtanic/Biofail!!" type posters, some of the departing subs actually give useful and insightful feedback on just why they're choosing to leave.

I just think that trying too hard to clamp down on the more... annoying posters would do more harm than good to the community if they went down that route.

wait... you are opening TICKETS to report players for foul language? dude... there's a report function specifically for that that does NOT clog up the ticket system. right click name, select report, select reason FOR the report, hit ok, done!

Clarification: I am not opening tickets to report players for language. The UI seems to be automatically generating them when I right-click / report names. I looked at the open ones I have and discovered many of the tickets were just shots of chat with one person's name highlighted. I certainly did not cut and paste and submit those.

I can compile another list of lag instances and then post them to see if anyone sees something I am missing. To be honest though, since I see the lag even with my graphics settings as low as they go, I am really not sure what can be done (the game also looks pretty ugly at those settings.)

From now on, I will submit feedback only via email as another poster suggested. I thought the forums were a better outlet. Go figure.

People "going postal" is something that's easy enough to ignore, and along with those "This game sux! F*** you TORtanic/Biofail!!" type posters, some of the departing subs actually give useful and insightful feedback on just why they're choosing to leave.

I just think that trying too hard to clamp down on the more... annoying posters would do more harm than good to the community if they went down that route.

You're right ... the idea was too extreme. That one's on me. Edited by GalacticKegger

This! ^^^

It may not be feedback or opinions any of us share, but I have no problem ignoring threads I have zero interest in reading. Others here should try that as well.

Lag: Unless EVERYONE around you is also lagging, the problem is most likely not on Bioware's end.

Tickets are full: What? Never heard of this issue. I file plenty of tickets and I have never seen this. Sure they sometimes take a while to answer, but not really any worse than anyone else in the industry.

Hackers: Sure there is the occasional hacker, but you probably run into one or two a year. Not nearly enough for you to 'lose faith in the game over'. Almost every time you think you see a hacker, its usually just someone who understands the game mechanics better than you do.

Queue times: Effected by a lot of things, most noticeably what time you are playing. I've never had to wait very long for a queue. Also I am personally against cross server queues, so its not the universal fix all you might think.

Developer communication: Yes this is one area they are lacking. They have been a lot better lately, but they could do better still, imo.

Team balancing: Yes this is an issue. Especially when the game puts you into an arena instead of a warzone, the teams are often not very well balanced. I am not sure what exactly Bioware could do about it, but hopefully they can come up with something.

I agree with some of your points, but respectfully disagree with most. Either way I hope you can keep enjoying the game or find a game you enjoy more.

Edited by Icebergy

As to your suggestions of people hacking and your descriptions of them, along with your descriptions of the lag you encounter, it seems completely clear that your system lagging is causing it to look like players are hacking when in fact they aren't.