Third-Party Option?

Ganget

Hello all,

During the duration that I've been playing SWTOR, I have had an idea that I must share. Would it be possible to include a Third-Party Option? This option opens a third companion slot for your character. From this one or two things could be possible. First, the player can summon a secondary companion to join in his adventure. I do realize this is make the game a bit easier; therefore, by doing this, all enemies from chapter two and so on should increase in difficulty. Also, this would allow each player to max out their companions like meter much faster. Second, which I found intriguing myself, would be for the player to have this option to allow a friend to fill the third slot. Because of this a friend can share the storyline and travel the galaxy together. I do realize this would take quite a bit of reconstructing. Thereupon, if it is possible, at first, the player companion cannot have the option to speak during conversations. Also, this would permit your friends to be aboard your ship during travels.

This is only merely a suggestion. I do not expect this to work. I only wanted to share this with you all. Thank you.

Edited by Ganget

Second, which I found intriguing myself, would be for the player to have this option to allow a friend to fill the third slot. Because of this a friend can share the storyline and travel the galaxy together. I do realize this would take quite a bit of reconstructing. Thereupon, if it is possible, at first, the player companion cannot have the option to speak during conversations. Also, this would permit your friends to be aboard your ship during travels.

This is only merely a suggestion. I do not expect this to work. I only wanted to share this with you all. Thank you.

And you can already do this....you can have 3 "friends" join you if you wanted to. ;)

Hello all,

During the duration that I've been playing SWTOR, I have had an idea that I must share. Would it be possible to include a Third-Party Option? This option opens a third companion slot for your character. From this one or two things could be possible. First, the player can summon a secondary companion to join in his adventure. I do realize this is make the game a bit easier; therefore, by doing this, all enemies from chapter two and so on should increase in difficulty. Also, this would allow each player to max out their companions like meter much faster. Second, which I found intriguing myself, would be for the player to have this option to allow a friend to fill the third slot. Because of this a friend can share the storyline and travel the galaxy together. I do realize this would take quite a bit of reconstructing. Thereupon, if it is possible, at first, the player companion cannot have the option to speak during conversations. Also, this would permit your friends to be aboard your ship during travels.

Friends can travel with on your ship already as long as they are grouped.

I would love to see this as a feature.

In fact I would love to be able to fill out an entire party with companions. That way I would have a reason to use all of them for more than running missions to get stuff for crafting. Also I would not have to wait in Group Finder for 45min - 1hr to get a group for a flashpoint I want to run, where I can watch and enjoy the cut scenes with out the bi***ing from others in a rush to complete the mission.

Story missions could and should be updated, no argument there. There are so few options for raising approval with your companions, spamming the SM version of The Esseles/The Black Talon (most chances for social/conversation points from what I have seen) gets old fast. Perhaps that was the intent of BioEA. Perhaps that is why the Cartel Packs include higher end companion gifts.

At any rate, I think it would be great, but I don't see it happening... ever.

I don't get the "Second" part of your post so no comment on that.

Edited by Slay_Victus

Are you sure about that Immortal? I believe you cannot accomplish your "storyline" missions with other people because you cannot share the missions with other people. Therefore it wouldn't matter if you had one or three "friends" or group members with you. :cool:

Scarletblaze (and immortal), nobody I talk to knew this. Therefore thank you for informing me that you can share ships with other people.

And I agree Slay. I want the storyline to feel more of a party rather than a partnership. If I have a healer companion with me, I want another that does damage at the same time. And the second part associates with friends or guildmates being able to assist you during your storylines. Perhaps I'm wrong, but each time I have a fellow friend attempt to help me with missions it "cannot be shared" and they can never enter the phase with me. To avoid this I thought the third slot could incorporate them. It would be beneficial (also cheap at the same time). :p

Edited by Ganget

You cannot share class missions with someone else, but if they are in your group, they can go with you to the storyline instance. They won't be able to pick dialogue, but they can watch you do it. If you and your friend are both the same class, you need to check the setting in preferences that allows same class people to enter instances.

You cannot share class missions with someone else, but if they are in your group, they can go with you to the storyline instance. They won't be able to pick dialogue, but they can watch you do it. If you and your friend are both the same class, you need to check the setting in preferences that allows same class people to enter instances.

^This

It's evident that I have been mistaken and I would like to thank September and Immortal for clarifying that for me. Nevertheless, would anyone else like extra companions (at least one more) be accessible to you on the field? Edited by Ganget