Underworld Trading - Reduce rate of companion gift/cloth missions

EnkiduNineEight

Companion gifts are fine. Every mission skill yields them, every skill has a filler, and there is a lot of demand for at least blue+ ones.

The problem with UT is that it yields two completely unrelated types of mats: metals that everyone wants and rags barely worth their vendor value.

No one uses the cloths. No one needs them. It's not even their use is limited to Synthweaving - itself a junk skill - but that 90% of what Synthweaving makes doesn't even use them. I've leveled it to 450 without using a single piece of cloth.

And, to add insult to injury, even if you do use Synth to make armors, fully 2/3 of them once again use underworld metals, not cloths.

Cloths - sorry, "Luxury Fabrics" - are a joke. This entire category of materials should be removed altogether; it's an atavism that plays no role in the game. They are only used by one skill, for only one of its five product types, only for a few schems, and ones mostly useless to begin with.

Just have Synth light armors consume Gemstones from Treasure Hunting instead. It's another one-skill material, though at least its niche is useful. Like, aside from lockboxes or gifts, Diplomacy only yields medical supplies, Investigation only researched compounds, TH only gemstones - Underworld Trading should only yield gifts and Underworld Metals.

• 3 months later...

Good points but I wouldn't do away with cloth myself. I personally think crafting should be beefed up with some nice armour designs etc added to a tradeskill and not straight to the cartel market but I know this will not be done.

I've been stocking up on UT metals again and I was reminded of this post. Rarity of Metal missions is disproportionate to demand. And some (like Tier 6) need to be fleshed out with more bountiful and rare UT Metals being available.

I made my own post about this awhile ago. The suggestion I made was to modify the way missions are selected.

here is what I suggested:

Using UT as the example:

first you select the type of mission you want to send your comp out on. Each mission type has three different types of missions, for UT it is comp gifts, metals, and luxury fabrics.

second, once you select the mission type it opens up a drop down menu, from it you can select one of the three mission types. Once you select the type of mission it will then randomly generate a level for the mission, ie. moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich.

This gives us control of what materials we send our comps out to get.

The other thing I would like to see is to have the crew skills bonuses be learned as your comps do missions so that all the crew bonuses will match up with your chosen skills. The way I would see this working is that as you send your comps out to do missions they earn points. You can then use those points to buy a bonus. hen you buy the bonus for a comp it will randomly generate a bonus based on the crew skills you have selected and you can buy 2 crew skills per comp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.