Those SWTOR/MMO Moments

DSpectre

It was several months ago (although it feels a lot longer), and I can't even remember all the toon's names, but I had an awesome moment with the group finder once while I was playing my assassin/tank. Most of the time group finder is pretty good about getting a nice diversity of classes for regular flashpoints, but this time was not one of them. When the the queue finally popped, the group for The Foundry that I ended up in was nothing but Sith Inquisitor class. To be specific, three sorcs and me, the assassin. Right at the beginning we started hitting hiccups- one person decided this was too much trouble and quit to do something else. Then the next person that came in (bounty hunter this time) decided it was too much work and quit. Then the next person (also a bounty hunter) came in, died a lot, and rage quit. Fourth time was the charm and that person stayed- but we were back to having 4 inquisitors on the team again.

We did reasonably well, and usually managed to finish up the tougher fights without a complete wipe. But when it got to fighting Revan's HK droid? It was the most beautiful moment of 'we can do this, we just need to work together and figure out how' that I have come across in a long time. And we did eventually manage to finish the flashpoint- it just took a whole lot of cc-ing, kiting, spam heals, and whatever dirty trick/loophole abuse we could dish out. (Did you know that, sometimes, if you stand right on top of HK before he drops that shield/computer thing, you can keep hitting him and doing damage? Chance are you end up stuck, though). Also, many Monty Python-esque jokes were made about 'Nobody expecting the Sith Inquisition' and such.

I may not have seen any of them since, but I remember the incident fondly. If only all people were that willing to slow down, talk, speculate, and try new things (even if they aren't a sure win).

------------------

Also funny and memorable was when I was doing PVE on my smuggler (named Pendragon) and came across a sith named Mordred. He was 20ish levels above me and I suck at PvP, so I just hightailed it back to the nearest cantina for a bit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking on voice with my RL friend. I was doing dailies as my Sage healer, she was leveling her first character, Shadow Tank. I was going to help her once I got dailies done, but before I did she said something like "here is clickable stone table, should I click it?"

I didn't totally hear what was she saying because I was fighting tower guy on Oricon, so I said something like: "yeaaa it's lore object, go ahead and take it for codex and minor XP gain" then I thought for a second and said to mic "wait... Blue glowing stone table? On Voss? DON'T CLICK IT!"

Too late :rolleyes: so I paid her repair and we both giggled like mad :D

• 2 weeks later...

My first time wandering around Section X with my guildmates, I noticed the ground shaking and asked, "Did you guys see that?" No one knew what I was talking about. So we carried on exploring and doing dailies. I was having great fun leaping around and using AoEs, right up until I leaped over to a group of kor'slugs my healer screamed in terror as the ground began to shake everywhere.

"What? What is - "

"DREADTOOTH!"

"Dread what - "

*SPLAT*