The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

The republic knew about each rogue Droid.

Didnt have the resources to take them down.

The Exile's companions assumed he'd died in the crash. The republic also Destroyed and publicized "all rogue G0-T0 units" death.

But remember G0-T0 didn't go rogue, he still worked for the Republic just participated in illegal activities in the background. But overall a good point nonetheless.

Anymore thoughts on an invasion of Malachor V? Or means of tracking down G0-T0/invading Nar Shaddaa?

And maybe overall battle strategies/scenarios for how each faction might win?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But remember G0-T0 didn't go rogue, he still worked for the Republic just participated in illegal activities in the background. But overall a good point nonetheless.

Anymore thoughts on an invasion of Malachor V? Or means of tracking down G0-T0/invading Nar Shaddaa?

And maybe overall battle strategies/scenarios for how each faction might win?

That wasn't republic Knowledge though, he was doing it without anyone knowing...

I'll post some stuff on sunday/monday, away for the weekend.

Still waiting to see a source on the Shadow Stormtroopers being able to cloak and having cloaking devices on their armor person, because there isn't a source for that. Their armor gives them increased sensor stealth which seems about right and that is sourced well, but...I don't think Shadow Stormtroopers can actually cloak.

Which thusly the whole faction being able to cloak completely, doesn't fly, just that the Shadows are hard to find due to their armor and they don't show up on sensors all that well if at all.

Of course even if they can't cloak completely, that doesn't make them useless, it still is an advantage that they won't show up on sensor. Just that the Shadows can just do a cloak and run attack like some suggest.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Still waiting to see a source on the Shadow Stormtroopers being able to cloak and having cloaking devices on their armor person, because there isn't a source for that. Their armor gives them increased sensor stealth which seems about right and that is sourced well, but...I don't think Shadow Stormtroopers can actually cloak.

Which thusly the whole faction being able to cloak completely, doesn't fly, just that the Shadows are hard to find due to their armor and they don't show up on sensors all that well if at all.

Of course even if they can't cloak completely, that doesn't make them useless, it still is an advantage that they won't show up on sensor. Just that the Shadows can just do a cloak and run attack like some suggest.

Your correct, its not sourced... I did think it was a tad unusual. And their predecessors, the clone shadow troopers, didn't have stealth field generators either.

That said the Imperium does have access to this tech via the Sith Assassins, so small groups could be equipped to act as hit and run squads and would be virtually undetectable thanks to their armor. But I think you may be right.

Maybe she had a memory wipe. :p

:rolleyes:

I'm still here, I never truly leave the forums (or unsub), sometimes I just watch. Especially if I'm busy, and unfortunately I am at the moment. That, and in all honesty I've lost steam for this debate. I have had enough debating of G0-T0 and Traya to last a life time. Frankly, I'd rather we just have this called so we can move on, hopefully to a fresh Kaggath tournament in the summer. Not to sound like I don't care or anything, but really G0-T0 won the war, so it's okay if he loses this battle. Not that he's going to. Just saying.

I'm still here, I never truly leave the forums (or unsub), sometimes I just watch. Especially if I'm busy, and unfortunately I am at the moment. That, and in all honesty I've lost steam for this debate. I have had enough debating of G0-T0 and Traya to last a life time. Frankly, I'd rather we just have this called so we can move on, hopefully to a fresh Kaggath tournament in the summer. Not to sound like I don't care or anything, but really G0-T0 won the war, so it's okay if he loses this battle. Not that he's going to. Just saying.

While I have finals to study for these past few weeks, I am nearly ready to debate in this match more than a few passing questions. Though, for which side? The Sneaky DI? The Genocidic DS? BOTH?! NEITHER?! Who knows. Perhaps I will simply argue with myself and provide facts for both sides...Unless of course there are others who wish to join in so that I am seen as crazy.

That said, I do believe that the DS will make the first move, which will likely be to send an invasion force to Raxus Prime. This will likely backfire as Admiral Trench has faced invasions of Raxus Prime previously so already has strategies he can deploy. Such as using the stealth ships at his disposal to cause havoc. The DS will likely lose at least 1/3 of their forces that are present. They only retain that many despite the disadvantages due to how many of them there are compared to the enemy, and their agility. However, this would bring the DI's stealth capabilities to GO-TO's knowledge which will cause him to plan accordingly. Part of this is likely to cause GO-TO to search for counter measures against stealthed ships. He likely will come to the conclusion that he can infiltrate them via astromechs or other service droids. It would take quite a while for this to be done, and would only work once, but if timed it could be devistating.

The DI on the other hand, is likely to press its advantage after its victory over Raxus Prime. I am unsure if it would be Maul or it would be Trench going on the offensive, due to lack of information on either of their offensive tactics. A likely first target for them would be Geonosis due to its high productivity of droids. The space defenses are likely to be quickly overwhelmed and the ground campaign would then begin. With the clock ticking it is likely that they would be unable to pierce the shields or at the very least to destroy the major factories before the DS fleet arrives. Since the DI would of been deploying its forces, its vessels would likely be out of stealth and vulnerable.

The DI would likely lose some of its less powerful ships and maybe one or two of its Harrowers, but otherwise would be able to escape. Would they have time to evacuate their precious ground forces however? Unknown. How high of casualties would the DS fleet have taken in this counter attack? Unknown. Could the ground forces of Geonosis repel the stragglers? Unknown. What is the next move for either the DI or the DS? Unknown.

Now, let the debating, arguing, disagreement, disproving, supporting, and passive aggressiveness resume!

Fair enough. :p I just didn't want to move forward without giving you an opportunity to voice your opinion.

Agreed.

Sometimes I just get very bored of how pre TCW characters are treated in terms of power. The NJO was a series of writers trying to one up each other on powers, "Ohh, my guy can stop fleets..." "yeh, well my guy can make fleets go back in time" "Yeh? Well my guys can stop that and send YOU back in time! So HAH! AND IT'S TOTALLY UNSTOPPABLE TOO"

Great, shame those who focus on actual detailed storytelling are left in the dust.

TL;DR, Some characters are just so sorely underestimated on these forums or in general that after a while you just have enough.

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm done arguing over Traya.

However, I'm about to post a new argument, and to twist things a little, Traya, Trench, Fleets, Shadow Troopers.... They're all staying well out of it :D

Edited by Selenial

God knows, he says so, then names this the Final :p

He's a crazy little one, our Beni is.

Yeah I suppose the Final was a little misleading, but its the end right so thats final!

Anyway this the bonus round, and the last in this tournament, but a new tournament is on its way.

Yeah I suppose the Final was a little misleading, but its the end right so thats final!

Anyway this the bonus round, and the last in this tournament, but a new tournament is on its way.

Similar rules?

I have a new faction, but I want it to be similar rules :p