@DEVS, tooltip corrections

Ramalina

If you haven't read the latest updates to Stasie's big guide thread, I'd like to point out that in crew abilities there are a few cases where as far as we can tell what happens in game is not what the tooltip describes.

Running Interference and Wingman active abilities. These, as far as limited testing has shown, appear to be flat buffs. To follow SWTOR's tooltip conventions that means the tooltip should be changed from:

20% over 20 seconds to 20% for 20 seconds.

Rapid Reload

Some mines are in the secondary weapons slots. However, Rapid Reload appears not to provide a 1.6 second reduction of cooldown for these mines despite the RR tooltip wording.

Have to say, though, I'm quite impressed with the overall clarity and low error rate in the GSF tooltips. Good job.

Running Interference and Wingman active abilities. These, as far as limited testing has shown, appear to be flat buffs. To follow SWTOR's tooltip conventions that means the tooltip should be changed from:

20% over 20 seconds to 20% for 20 seconds.

You are literally the only person I have ever seen confused by this.

Totally. How you would take this statement to become some manner of autostacking buff (even though autostacking buffs are already a thing, and this is clearly not one- heck, we even have an autostacking debuff to kill you for out of range) has always puzzled me.

The rapid reload thing is very odd, and likely an actual bug, not a tooltip problem- it probably SHOULD effect the right click mines.

They have a very consistent format for denoting static vs over time effects. RI is also extremely powerful for a crew ability. Combined, the abnormal format and abnormal strength of effect are a bit suspicious. Or at least they are to an abnormally detail and technical minded person.

Edited by Ramalina

RI is not out of budget. It's good, but the other effects are costed similarly.

And as I've said, you can gain a quantity over time, but anything else doesn't make sense. If I give you 200 hit points at time X, that makes sense. I don't have to do anything at time X+.0001 or X-.0001. But if I give you +1% dodge at time X, what do you have at time X+.0001? 1% dodge? 0% dodge?

Seriously, no one else has been confused about this. The devs should probably change "over", but it doesn't matter.

Also you are getting upset about your ability to understand this in three threads now, one of them a guide. Chill out!

Edited by Verain

They have a very consistent format for denoting static vs over time effects. RI is also extremely powerful for a crew ability.

Given that there is an identical ability that gives 20% accuracy in the same AOE for the same duration, it's not excessively powerful.

Edited by Kuciwalker

I've also noticed that the tracking penalty reduction talents don't show up on any tooltips, which makes me wonder if they function at all.

Seriously, no one else has been confused about this. The devs should probably change "over", but it doesn't matter.

While it is probably true that the current RI tooltips aren't confusing, they are inconsistent. No matter how minor the issue is, I'm going to side with Ramalina on this one on account of her being technically correct.

I also note with amusement that for each post she makes about that mistaken preposition, she generates 2-3 posts yelling at her for even bringing it up.

I've also noticed that the tracking penalty reduction talents don't show up on any tooltips, which makes me wonder if they function at all.

This is actually shown in the UI, but it is worded in a way that is very confusing to me:

http://imgur.com/oXHAxhK

Does this mean that the first 5% of tracking penalty is ignored, or that total tracking penalty is reduced by a factor of 0.95?

This is actually shown in the UI, but it is worded in a way that is very confusing to me:

http://imgur.com/oXHAxhK

Does this mean that the first 5% of tracking penalty is ignored, or that total tracking penalty is reduced by a factor of 0.95?

It means 5% off your penalty... if your penalty should be 20%, then it is 15% instead...