The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Top 5 Crime Lords!

Wolfninjajedi

So I figured with Beni's Top list of Force Users, why not try something a little different? Something new that could be debated, because I figure that some are rather tired of going back and forth through the same old, same old things. With that, let us look into the Top Crime Lords in the Star Wars universe!

Like Beni's Top list, some positions will already be filled in because they are noted to already the best. But the rest shall be open for discussion! So let us begin! I am starting at 5 just to make it less of a hassle in filling in the list, though will expand if the list goes back 5.

So folks who do you think should be on the list? Reasons are welcome!

The critera for this list is

1. Power

2. Wealth

3. Influence

4. Intellect

5. Size

==========

Top 5 Crime Lords

1. Prince Xizor

2. Jabba Desilijic Tiure

3. Tyber Zann

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Now this is my kind of thread! I would say G0-T0 needs to be on this list, however, maybe as 5. I nominate Aruk Besadii Aora for number 3. He was considered to be a "god among Hutts" and had so much charisma it isn't even funny. Hell, he blatantly turned away Xizor multiple times when pressed by him, and did not fear him. If that doesn't show his power and influence, I don't know what does. Edited by Canino

Now this is my kind of thread! I would say G0-T0 needs to be on this list, however, maybe as 5. I nominate Aruk Besadii Aora for number 3. He was considered to be a "god among Hutts" and had so much charisma it isn't even funny. Hell, he blatantly turned away Xizor multiple times when pressed by him, and did not fear him. If that doesn't show his power and influence, I don't know what does.

Hm? Says here that he carefully allied himself with Xizor so as not to offend him, where is it noted that he didn't fear Xizor? Though he did warn Durga about accepting help from the Black Sun(who went to the BS for help anyway lol), if that's what you mean.

Anyway we got Aruk and Tyber Zann for 3rd.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hm? Says here that he carefully allied himself with Xizor so as not to offend him, where is it noted that he didn't fear Xizor? Though he did warn Durga about accepting help from the Black Sun(who went to the BS for help anyway lol), if that's what you mean.

No, he spurned advances from Xizor- he never allied his empire with Black Sun. And while it is never said outright, he did turn down Xizor multiple times. He may have feared him, but not tremendously.

Edited by Canino

Zann should get 3rd. GO-TO, if he makes it on the list, should get 5th.

Would Maul make it up there? His rule was brief, but he did manage to unite the Pyke Syndicate, Black Sun, Death Watch, and parts of Hutt Cartel under one banner and successfully conquered a planet of warriors with it. Had Palps (most powerful sith ever) not stepped in, he'd have brought most of the neutral worlds into his fold and had a galaxy-spanning criminal empire that could play the entire galaxy against itself for insane profits.

Just a suggestion. I also support G0-T0 and Tyber Zahn's inclusion into the list.

Would Maul make it up there? His rule was brief, but he did manage to unite the Pyke Syndicate, Black Sun, Death Watch, and parts of Hutt Cartel under one banner and successfully conquered a planet of warriors with it. Had Palps (most powerful sith ever) not stepped in, he'd have brought most of the neutral worlds into his fold and had a galaxy-spanning criminal empire that could play the entire galaxy against itself for insane profits.

Just a suggestion. I also support G0-T0 and Tyber Zahn's inclusion into the list.

Hadn't thought of Maul, good one.

So what's the criteria, size, power, influence, intelligence, a mixture of both?

I think I'd nominate G0-T0 for three.

It's for all and Star while Maul did indeed do that, he wasn't really a crime lord in the sense of it being a profession and as you said it was short. But if you really wanna nominate him, then ok.

Ok so we got, Aruk, Tyber, GO-TO and Maul for 3rd. Any arguments to be had?

I also updated the OP with the critera.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's for all and Star while Maul did indeed do that, he wasn't really a crime lord in the sense of it being a profession and as you said it was short. But if you really wanna nominate him, then ok.

Ok so we got, Aruk, Tyber, GO-TO and Maul for 3rd. Any arguments to be had?

I also updated the OP with the critera.

I nominate Zann for 3rd....or 4th.

Edit: Wait nvm, forgot Tyber and Zann were the same person. *Facedesk*

Edited by ShadowMudkip

I like Tyber for 3rd as well, considering he had probably the largest reach of our contenders for top 3. He was the natural successor to king of the Underworld after Jabba and Xizor fell and led a syndicate that was large enough and powerful enough to even be considered a threat to the Rebellion and Empire at one point.

Combined with the technological superiority his Consortium displayed and his control over not only the underworld, but powerful legitimate organizations (Mandalmotors etc...) as well makes him one powerful dude.

I think G0-T0 was smart, but he didn't have the reach, influence, or power of Tyber Zann. He was in charge of an Exchange cell, not the entire organization.

Any other arguments?

Also this won't really affect Zann(or perhaps) but looking back at FoC, I look and see rather problems with canon. Especially the last bit with the whole army of Sith Troops and Sith Lord frozen in carbonite(I know Zann didn't go for them, but still.)

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I stick with Aruk. On terms of power, he was in charge of the entire Besadii kajdic- that may not be an empire like Balck Sun, but it was one of the largest Hutt cartels in the galaxy. He was also rich- filthy rich. Just look up Ylesia and see what I mean.

I've already talked about influence and intellect, but I'll say more. He was extremely cunning and loved to use his wit in guile. He could lie blatantly in public speeches and could even make wild accusations.

And power? How about the time he negotiated stood up against Jedi Master Agen Kolar? Kolar was convinced at the threat Aruk made about his empire vs. the Republic.

Edited by Canino

I'm Challenging Aruk for 3rd and I'll go through each criteria for why.

Zann has him beat in power, since it is well documented how much of a threat Zann was to both the Rebellion and the Galactic Empire something Aruk never achieved. That, combined with his faction's military equipment including Mass Driver Cannons and Stealth make his power a massive edge over Aruk's.

In wealth, I think Aruk's spice (from a single planet) and assorted wealth of the Besadii does give him some serious money, but if you remember, Zann stole billions of credit in a single job when he took the Eclipse. Not only that he took priceless technical schematics and works of art from palp's own collection. Add that to the money he made from the Consortium beforehand, and he blows any Hutt out of the water.

In influence it should be noted that Zann had a lot of contacts inside the Empire and Rebellion and rivaled Jabba and Xizor (even outsmarting Xizor on the Bespin job). He had spies that could give him updates on the status of the Empire's greatest new warship (Eclipse) and the very nature of Zann's organization (a Consortium of many criminal groups) means he was extremely influential. He has Aruk beat badly here. I should also mention this line from Wookieepedia on Tyber Zann

After his theft, Tyber decided to abandon the Eclipse as it would be a "target even the Rebels could not miss." He also decided to allow the Rebel Alliance to form their New Republic, seeing it as a chance to "own a senator." The Eclipse was later recovered by Imperial forces, who continued its construction.
Speaking to his intelligence, his influence, and his wealth.

The man was considered a tactical genius, inventive (using new tech all the time), and a criminal mastermind. He rebuilt his criminal organizations many times even after being caught and each time they came back better than ever. He fought on a galactic stage with the likes of Jabba, Xizor (our top 2 currently), Vader, Thrawn himself, and Han Solo, rarely ever losing and at some point beating each of these. (He beat Thrawn twice, once in school he was good enough to make Thrawn suspicious of a criminal act but Thrawn couldn't prove it, then he also beat Thrawn's fleet once.)

Unquestionably Zann has size. His criminal empire picked up where Xizor and Jabba both left off. He had a large criminal empire even before their untimely demises. He maintained a fleet large enough to take the Eclipse, and challenge both Imperial and Rebellion fleets, and win or achieve their objective. Add to that he controlled Hypori and Saleucami (per his treaty with Jabba) which are quite literally opposite ends of Hutt space and are also almost half the galaxy away as a cartographic example of his reach.

Don't get me wrong, I'd put Aruk ahead of Maul for 4 and 5, but Zann is far and away much superior to Aruk.

I don't think that Maul should be 5. He wasn't trying to make criminal lordship a profession. He did it to consolidate forces to use against the Republic, and specifically get back at Kenobi.

No, he wanted money and power. He wanted to be rich and powerful and start a new Sith rule to play both sides till he could beat them both and kill Dooku and Sidious, taking the title of Dark Lord of the Sith for himself.

Vengeance against Obi-wan was a nice little icing on the cake but by the time he started the collective the goals had shifted to making the Underworld powerful enough to conquer the galaxy and topple Sidious. The biggest thing that pissed him off when he got back was that Sidious had moved on and so he wanted to take back his rightful "destiny". Still it is up to Wolf to decide if Maul counts. If he does I vote him for #5.

I'm Challenging Aruk for 3rd and I'll go through each criteria for why.

Zann has him beat in power, since it is well documented how much of a threat Zann was to both the Rebellion and the Galactic Empire something Aruk never achieved. That, combined with his faction's military equipment including Mass Driver Cannons and Stealth make his power a massive edge over Aruk's.

In wealth, I think Aruk's spice (from a single planet) and assorted wealth of the Besadii does give him some serious money, but if you remember, Zann stole billions of credit in a single job when he took the Eclipse. Not only that he took priceless technical schematics and works of art from palp's own collection. Add that to the money he made from the Consortium beforehand, and he blows any Hutt out of the water.

In influence it should be noted that Zann had a lot of contacts inside the Empire and Rebellion and rivaled Jabba and Xizor (even outsmarting Xizor on the Bespin job). He had spies that could give him updates on the status of the Empire's greatest new warship (Eclipse) and the very nature of Zann's organization (a Consortium of many criminal groups) means he was extremely influential. He has Aruk beat badly here. I should also mention this line from Wookieepedia on Tyber Zann

Speaking to his intelligence, his influence, and his wealth.

The man was considered a tactical genius, inventive (using new tech all the time), and a criminal mastermind. He rebuilt his criminal organizations many times even after being caught and each time they came back better than ever. He fought on a galactic stage with the likes of Jabba, Xizor (our top 2 currently), Vader, Thrawn himself, and Han Solo, rarely ever losing and at some point beating each of these. (He beat Thrawn twice, once in school he was good enough to make Thrawn suspicious of a criminal act but Thrawn couldn't prove it, then he also beat Thrawn's fleet once.)

Unquestionably Zann has size. His criminal empire picked up where Xizor and Jabba both left off. He had a large criminal empire even before their untimely demises. He maintained a fleet large enough to take the Eclipse, and challenge both Imperial and Rebellion fleets, and win or achieve their objective. Add to that he controlled Hypori and Saleucami (per his treaty with Jabba) which are quite literally opposite ends of Hutt space and are also almost half the galaxy away as a cartographic example of his reach.

Don't get me wrong, I'd put Aruk ahead of Maul for 4 and 5, but Zann is far and away much superior to Aruk.

I wouldnt place maul at all. We already have 5. GO-TO was better then Maul as far as I can tell.

I wouldnt place maul at all. We already have 5. GO-TO was better then Maul as far as I can tell.

G0-T0's "empire" wasn't his own.

He rose up, great, but he honestly wasn't that special, we just focus on him more than the others because we have more Info.

What Maul did was unprecedented. :p