Watchman build and rotation

johncostanzo

From the looks of it, it seems that watchmen is a good solo leveling tree with single target dps. Focus seems to be AOE dps. Combat I am not sure about. So I am reading and people are tearing me from watchman to focus.

So I guess I am asking is watchman more for single target battles and elites and not mobs?

From the looks of it, it seems that watchmen is a good solo leveling tree with single target dps. Focus seems to be AOE dps. Combat I am not sure about. So I am reading and people are tearing me from watchman to focus.

So I guess I am asking is watchman more for single target battles and elites and not mobs?

Never did focus so i can talk about that... but Watchman is for an average length fight or longer. if you are fighting easy stuff any class will do but with watch man you have more of a dot based system to keep up which is only effective in a medium length battle.

I am about to respec Watchman. Quick question though. Why do neither of you have inflammation? It seems the slow added to the cauterize to prevent kiting would be very important right? If there is some reason not to have it please explain for me.

Rivers

watchman is actually not that good for leveling. it's great in pvp and for elites where you have time to build up your dots, but it sucks vs trash mobs, which is mostly what one encounters when leveling. you are much better off with focus or combat which will burn through trash mobs, if not as high damage output over time vs tougher mobs or PCs.

It's true that Watchman doesn't kill trash as quickly as combat or focus, but the distinction is trivial. No one has trouble killing standard/weak enemies. For the things that would actually give you trouble (Elites) it gets to really shine.

@DreamWater Inflammation is something you should definitely grab if you PVP, I suspect the others were posting PVE focused builds.

It's true that Watchman doesn't kill trash as quickly as combat or focus, but the distinction is trivial. No one has trouble killing standard/weak enemies. For the things that would actually give you trouble (Elites) it gets to really shine.

QFT. Standards go down quickly no matter how you spec. Elites are the problem when leveling and Watchman kills them more efficiently than any other spec.

QFT x 2

Or when you get to Quesh and Strong mobs start hitting like dump trucks, those self heals start to become quite nice indeed.

I honestly don't know how Combat/Focus could handle Corellia. I wouldn't blame a Combat Sentinel for dousing themselves in lighter fluid and ending it all after a couple hours of that madness.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.