The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What we want to buy by our choice - not rendom item from pack

ChrisXU

Hello,

I would like to open this thread because so many items can be bought only with cartel packs but ONLY if you are lucky. We want to spend our cartel credits but give us a chance to buy what we want.

1. Kolto Tank

2. Campfire

3. Emotes (to choose which one we want

etc.

You can put the price up or down - but please give us a chance to spend our cartel coins happily.

GTN is a bit of a pain to use though. You cannot browse items. You have to actually know its name. The interface is clunky. Your items may not sell right away. You spend a lot of time buying and selling on GTN instead of enjoying the item you actually wanted to buy. Et cetera.

Bioware is missing out on real dollars, in my opinion. There are many items I would pay cash for. But I never get what I want on the random rolls. So I just stopped buying. I know they are losing money from me. I want to know what I am getting when I spend real dollars.

I would actually like the see the option to purchase items from packs which are no longer available, such as the Restored Triumvirate armour set, which can no longer be obtained without spending millions of credits on the GTN.

Why go to the trouble of making these things, if you then remove the ability for people to get them at a later date? It seems like a waste of development to me.

• 5 months later...

Thanks everyone who comment my thread.

I know the managers here can calculate and they obviously decide to earn money with making gambling (random packs ..so you spend your coins but win not what you want).

I still wish to have more options and people to buy with real money what they really want...

I will play more if I can equip my avatar with what I want to see .. items, weapons, emotes.

Until I cannot equip with what I want ..I will prefer to play free.... just enjoy of the game.

No super fun for me and no money for the game owners.

Just a wish ...

Why go to the trouble of making these things, if you then remove the ability for people to get them at a later date? It seems like a waste of development to me.

It isn't... there are reasons for doing it, you aren't the only side of that transaction... You aren't thinking about the motivations of the person selling for millions who bought the items in the first place...

Make them for sale all the time, and those motivations go away, they may actually sell fewer items using your plan.

They don't do it for no reason.

While I have my own issues with packs, I buy them knowing it IS a gamble, and the odds are stacked in BW's favor, but that is how they made it. It is a marketing strategy, and it keeps the money coming. They have that as an alternate source of revenue because of the F2P/ Sub Hybrid they use. It might seem unfair but from a business standpoint, it works, and I doubt they will change it. That's how I think it works anyway. Sorry you feel so harshly against that.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game, I subbed for the fun, not the vanity aspect. :D

GTN is a bit of a pain to use though. You cannot browse items. You have to actually know its name. The interface is clunky. Your items may not sell right away. You spend a lot of time buying and selling on GTN instead of enjoying the item you actually wanted to buy. Et cetera.

Bioware is missing out on real dollars, in my opinion. There are many items I would pay cash for. But I never get what I want on the random rolls. So I just stopped buying. I know they are losing money from me. I want to know what I am getting when I spend real dollars.

When you purchase a pack, you know exactly what you are getting. You are getting exactly what BW promised you--a pack containing a specified number random items, including a specified number of rare items.

What you choose to do with that pack is up to you. You can choose to open that pack and get those random items, which may be junk or jackpot. You can also choose to sell that pack on the GTN and reap the credits and then use those credits to purchase what you want.

I for one also just have stopped buying the packs and they also are not getting my more anymore. This probably will not make them change but I just and have never liked not being able to use my real money to buy cartel credits and be able to choose what I want to buy. Instead the only thing we can do is buy the packs which in most cases we get a whole lot of stuff that we can't use and end up selling it on the GTN which really not benefit us players. Only Bioware benefits from this and get paid. Edited by erichcs
correction

The point is, great items are supposed to be rare. If there were thousands of walkers, thousands of Space Pirates, and every level 11 Sith Inquisitor was wearing a Revan outfit, those items would no longer be desirable. You'd no longer stand out in a crowd in your Xoxaan or Tulak Hord, people wouldn't envy your derelict purple or advanced white crystals, and every bounty hunter on Nar Shaddaa would be riding a rancor.

Right now, people can buy cartel armor with real money, but only if they buy packs/other cartel market items. This way EA gets more money, because you're spending 14000cc instead of 2000cc(for a direct purchase), and players get satisfaction - when there's only one or two walkers on the fleet, you _are_ looking unique.

The point is, great items are supposed to be rare. If there were thousands of walkers, thousands of Space Pirates, and every level 11 Sith Inquisitor was wearing a Revan outfit, those items would no longer be desirable. You'd no longer stand out in a crowd in your Xoxaan or Tulak Hord, people wouldn't envy your derelict purple or advanced white crystals, and every bounty hunter on Nar Shaddaa would be riding a rancor.

Right now, people can buy cartel armor with real money, but only if they buy packs/other cartel market items. This way EA gets more money, because you're spending 14000cc instead of 2000cc(for a direct purchase), and players get satisfaction - when there's only one or two walkers on the fleet, you _are_ looking unique.

Envy is an ugly color, and the source of much of the troubles in our world.

So what you're saying is that items like the walker are not of value on their own merits... They only have value as envy items? If they are common, no one would want one?

Meh, you could give away a Ferreri to everyone and I'd still have a blast driving mine on the weekends, regardless of how many people have one.

Envy is an ugly color, and the source of much of the troubles in our world.

So what you're saying is that items like the walker are not of value on their own merits... They only have value as envy items? If they are common, no one would want one?

Meh, you could give away a Ferreri to everyone and I'd still have a blast driving mine on the weekends, regardless of how many people have one.

Envy is an ugly color. It is especially evident on those who want that "rare" item, but don't want to put forth the effort to obtain it.

Rare items do require some effort, whether that be earning credits to buy it on the GTN, or if it is a drop, time spent farming it. Even the random rare items in packs can be had on the GTN if one is willing to put forth the effort to obtain it.

It is apparently easier to ask BW to make it even easier than it already is to obtain that rare item than it is to actually put forth some effort.

Envy is an ugly color. It is especially evident on those who want that "rare" item, but don't want to put forth the effort to obtain it.

Why should there be some great effort to obtain a not-real digital item that costs nothing to make copies of?

Frankly, this is a sample of a problem in the larger world, that it is somehow a "good thing" to have to work really, really hard to get anything.

Why? 100+ years ago, 90+% of people worked on farms or in food production in one way or another. Today, maybe 1% does.

The idea that everyone should have to "work, work, work, and work some more" is just out of date. Gotta keep everyone busy at those jobs, or they... might, I don't know... do some thinking or something, can't have that...

The economy is growing, companies are making profits, yet a smaller percentage of the population is working at any time since WWII. We no longer need millions and millions of people to "work, work, work, and work some more", to make stuff and provide stuff.

The idea that hard work is a virtue is out of date in the 21st century, when we get past that mindset, some amazing things will happen.

For one thing, I'd like to see us go to a 30 hour work week. Thanks to improvements in productivity, many Americans produce more in 30 hours than they did 20 years ago in 40 hours.

But I guess that is all off-topic. :)

*end rant*

Why should there be some great effort to obtain a not-real digital item that costs nothing to make copies of?

Frankly, this is a sample of a problem in the larger world, that it is somehow a "good thing" to have to work really, really hard to get anything.

Why? 100+ years ago, 90+% of people worked on farms or in food production in one way or another. Today, maybe 1% does.

The idea that everyone should have to "work, work, work, and work some more" is just out of date. Gotta keep everyone busy at those jobs, or they... might, I don't know... do some thinking or something, can't have that...

The economy is growing, companies are making profits, yet a smaller percentage of the population is working at any time since WWII. We no longer need millions and millions of people to "work, work, work, and work some more", to make stuff and provide stuff.

The idea that hard work is a virtue is out of date in the 21st century, when we get past that mindset, some amazing things will happen.

For one thing, I'd like to see us go to a 30 hour work week. Thanks to improvements in productivity, many Americans produce more in 30 hours than they did 20 years ago in 40 hours.

But I guess that is all off-topic. :)

*end rant*

IMO, the problem in the world is the prevalence of attitudes of "Why should there be any effort to obtain anything?"

IMO, there are far too many people (in RL, in the game and on the forums) that feel they should be handed what they want and they should not have to put forth effort for anything. They seem to feel they are entitled to whatever they want and for as little effort or cost as possible.

Edited by Ratajack

*end rant*

If you want to give up 25% of your paycheck and only work 30 hours, go for it.

I'm betting, though, that you want to work 25% fewer hours, but NOT lose any pay for working fewer hours.

IMO, the problem in the world is the prevalence of attitudes of "Why should there be any effort to obtain anything?"

IMO, there are far too many people (in RL, in the game and on the forums) that feel they should be handed what they want and they should not have to put forth effort for anything. They seem to feel they are entitled to whatever they want and for as little effort or cost as possible.

Why is this a problem?

Look up basic income in Denmark...

It is an idea that we aren't talking about, but perhaps should be. Of course, we should also be talking about social responsibility and kindness to our fellow human beings...

So much of the ills of this world are based around lack of respect and lack of care for our fellow humans. We have no future as a species if we don't address that. Dropping more bombs on people's heads is a lousy solution to our problems and just creates more of it. Of course, sometimes you have to, but I'd at least like to hear another option from time to time.

BTW, the entire world produces about 2,700 calories a day of food. There is little excuse to have starving people all over the world, much less in places like the United States. The fact that we DO have starving people says much about us as human beings.

And frankly, what it says... sucks...

If you want to give up 25% of your paycheck and only work 30 hours, go for it.

I'm betting, though, that you want to work 25% fewer hours, but NOT lose any pay for working fewer hours.

I haven't gotten a "paycheck" in more than 10 years... I own my own business and frankly, I work perhaps 20-25 hours a week... and probably earn more than most...

I work smarter, not harder... hard work is overrated... it is a brute force instrument that says "if you just put in enough hours, amazing things will happen".

Except, it rarely works that way. Sometimes, perhaps, but not always...

But that is how most companies are setup, they track attendance like everyone is in school still, did you show up your 40 hours, did you clock in at the right time?

My office manager/bookkeeper is paid a salary. I don't care if she works 30 hours or 50 hours, I don't care if she takes Friday afternoon off to go be at her son's soccer game. What I DO care about is that the work assigned to her is done correctly and in a timely manner. If that is happening and she can get it done sooner, more power to her, go be with her kids. If her reward for being efficient with her time is that she gets MORE work assigned, why would she get any faster?