Guns: 4

Armor: No preference

Dual Wielding: No preference

Big Weapons: No

Stealth: No

Method of Damage: Direct

Scope of Damage: Single Target

Favorite SW character: Obi Wan

Prior MMO experience/liked classes: Many years of mom's. Eq wizard - wow priest/druid. Enjoy healing

Right away!

I can't find a class that fits you 100% because it has been changed. Still, you should like this:

Sith Sorceror

It has nice single target direct healing as well as reliance on force + Lightsabers. However, it don't use that Saber that much(besides for the looks). That is the first problem. The second problem could be that it is predominantly ruled by AoE damage dealing trees. If you don't mind the AoE focus, sorc's more than a good fit for you. Plus you mentioned wizards and priests. A sorc/a sage should be fairly similar to those in design(robes, manipulation of an "energy" etc).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence: 6

Support(Healing): 3

Damage: 10

Light Side(Good+Lawful alignments): 10

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 1

Empire: 5

Republic: 5

Lightsabers: 7

The Force: 5

Tech Gadgets: 4

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 2

Armour: Light(robes)-Medium(leather/uniforms)

Dual Wielding: Yes

Big Weapons(two handed): No

Stealth: kind of but not a big issue

Method of damage: Direct

Scope of damage: Single Target-Multi (either)

Favourite SW character: Yoda in original movies, Anakin (young)

Previous MMO experience: Healer, tank, dps of most types on way too many games (games I played longest; FFXI, EQ, FF:ARR (current and playing all classes), Defiance) many more but most not more than 6 months.

Edited by paynemisa

Defence: 6

Support(Healing): 3

Damage: 10

Tech Gadgets: 4

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 2

Armour: Light(robes)-Medium(leather/uniforms)

Stealth: kind of but not a big issue

Scope of damage: Single Target-Multi (either)

Favourite SW character: Yoda in original movies, Anakin (young)

Previous MMO experience: Healer, tank, dps of most types on way too many games (games I played longest; FFXI, EQ, FF:ARR (current and playing all classes), Defiance) many more but most not more than 6 months.

Jedi Sentinel or Sith Marauder sounds like the best fit for you. :) They are dual-wielding, direct damage DPS classes. They wear medium armor. They definitely rely more on their lightsaber prowess than the Force. Also, if Anakin were in the game, I've always thought he'd make a good Sentinel/Mara.

Jedi Sentinel or Sith Marauder sounds like the best fit for you. :) They are dual-wielding, direct damage DPS classes. They wear medium armor. They definitely rely more on their lightsaber prowess than the Force. Also, if Anakin were in the game, I've always thought he'd make a good Sentinel/Mara.

Anakin would be a Guardian. For multiple reasons.

But yeah, sorry for answering late. I agree with quoted post in choosing either a Sent or a Mara. I kinda can't give you a detailed talent tree to choose. If I had to pick one, I'd say go with the Combat/Carnage tree. It should be up there. So:

Jedi Knight-Jedi Sentinel-Combat OR Sith Warrior-Sith Marauder-Carnage

Edited by Cuiwe

Defence: 7

Support(Healing): 5

Damage: 9

Light Side(Good+Lawful alignments): 5

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 7

Lightsabers: 8

The Force: 7

Tech Gadgets: 7

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 5

Armour: No Preference

Dual Wielding: I think is awesome, but not necessarily needed

Stealth: Is cool, but not needed. It'd be a nice bonus.

Scope of damage: Mainly Single Target, but decent AoE. Always needs to be able to clear trash.

Favourite SW character: Mara Jade is #1, but Chewbacca is a close second. Who doesn't like a wookie?

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc:

Have done High end raiding in WoW as every role. Started Rogue in WotLK, Shammy Healer and mDPS second spec for Cata, DK Tank in MoP. I never really got into Ranged DPS and casters. I always enjoyed getting in the enemy's face. In WoW, I like having classes that could do multiple roles so I can fit whatever role for my friends and guild. I know this is not as easy in SWTOR, but if at all possible, that would be a major selling point

Pls help

How important is the following to you:

Defence: 3

Light Side(Good+Lawful alignments): 1

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 10

Empire: 10

Republic: 3

Lightsabers: 4

The Force: 3

Tech Gadgets: 8

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 9

Armour: Light(robes)-Medium(leather/uniforms)-Heavy(plaSTEEL) heavy

Stealth: Don't mind

Method of damage: Burst

Scope of damage: Aoe

Favourite SW character: bubba fett

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: wow played hunter and Mage 5 years

Defence: 7

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 7

Lightsabers: 8

The Force: 7

Tech Gadgets: 7

Armour: No Preference

Dual Wielding: I think is awesome, but not necessarily needed

Stealth: Is cool, but not needed. It'd be a nice bonus.

Scope of damage: Mainly Single Target, but decent AoE. Always needs to be able to clear trash.

Favourite SW character: Mara Jade is #1, but Chewbacca is a close second. Who doesn't like a wookie?

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc:

Have done High end raiding in WoW as every role. Started Rogue in WotLK, Shammy Healer and mDPS second spec for Cata, DK Tank in MoP. I never really got into Ranged DPS and casters. I always enjoyed getting in the enemy's face. In WoW, I like having classes that could do multiple roles so I can fit whatever role for my friends and guild. I know this is not as easy in SWTOR, but if at all possible, that would be a major selling point

You can't have all the roles on a single class(I would KILL for an AC that could hot Heal, tank and DoT DPS!), sadly. It only goes DPS + Heal or DPS + tank. You have chosen the latter choice. You also say that ranged classes are not for you, so this rules out mercs, mandos, snipers etc. You also give a slight preference to the actual lightsaber combat over the force mastery. Tech Gadgets could be filled via the use of CyberTech crew skill(you get Grenades, mines etc). The only thing confusing me is dual wielding. I'd suggest playing:

Sith Warrior - Sith Juggernaut - Rage(it feels strange to see that word written in blue, but there is a reason why I used that colour. It's because it contains above average use of the force, see? Talent tree that is ;) )

In order to check the validity of the answer(you could also like Vengeance!), just answer truthfully the following(choose only one!):

Shii-Cho

VS

Ataru

VS

Djem So

There you go. Enjoy yourself!

Pls help

Defence: 3

Light Side(Good+Lawful alignments): 1

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 10

Empire: 10

Republic: 3

Lightsabers: 4

The Force: 3

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 9

Armour: Light(robes)-Medium(leather/uniforms)-Heavy(plaSTEEL) heavy

Stealth: Don't mind

Method of damage: Burst

Scope of damage: Aoe

Favourite SW character: bubba fett

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: wow played hunter and Mage 5 years

Right. I think that you know what you are looking for. And I'll just confirm(my tingling 6th sense tells me so-PR is it Mercury transiting my... :p ) it:

Bounty Hunter - Mercenary - Arsenal or PyroTech.

It all depends if you liked your fire/Arc mage or surv hunter more(I guessed the talent trees, didn't I?). Arsenal is more mage like where you just go and gun them down while stacking an Armour Debuff(quite reminiscent of Arcane mage if I do say so myself) while PyroTech is more hunter like(you lay DoTs on enemies which then power up your other abilities. Quite surv like).

Enjoy yourself!

------ NOTICE: -----

Because I am taking a break from swtor(in order to enjoy my Trooper and agent to the fullest), I sadly won't be able to answer any more requests. This notice is effective as of monday when my sub lapses until further notice. I'll get in contact with the indecisive once I resub somewhere during September.

Have a nice stay and have fun!

Yours, always:

Cuiwe

----- END NOTICE -----

----- INQUIRY -----

I need to know how satisfied you are with my...service I guess. Also with the classes I recommended. Feel free to pm, leave a post, what will you. Tell me everything you like, don't like, love, hate, that I am self righteous moron who thinks he understands other people(Lord, what cheek!), etc. Thanks!

Yours truly,

Cuiwe

----- END INQUIRY -----

Edited by Cuiwe

I have been trying around without being able to pin down what i want. i played a sorc to 50 at release, but quit shortly after.

Now on a new acc i have several chars between 10 and around 25 and can't deceide. Sometimes i sub , play a few hours , get annoyed by something, leave it again (and usually i forget to unsubscribe, which i realize a month later when i get the "heres your 500 store-cash...").

Maybe you can suggest something or reassure me that the direction is right... highest char now is a sorc. i definately need something that can solo, not sure if i will ever group up.

Defence: 4

Support(Healing): 8

Damage: 8

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 5

Empire: 7

Republic: 4

The Force: 8

Tech Gadgets: 5

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 7

Armour: Light(robes)

Dual Wielding: Yes but i can live without

Big Weapons(two handed): if i must... i prefer to go without

Stealth: nice to have, but can live without

Method of damage: like both

Scope of damage: like both, but having aoe is nice

Favourite SW character: thats hard. really hard. while i like Leia, Padme and Chewbacca, i would not want to be like them. love twi'leks (i got the unlock if i remember correctly). From reading on the internet about well-known twi'leks... maybe Darth Talon. But thats just what i found on google, have not read any books or comics.

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: WOW: Warlock (all specs till wotlk, mop destro) Druid (feral/resto till end wotlk, mop balance) Deathknight (mop blood) shaman (ele wotlk) Guild Wars 2: Mesmer , Nekro

just listed the classes that reached maxlvl and i liked, except for gw2 nekro- i like it, but got burned out on gw2 before it reached maxlvl. played many other titles but just not that far.

I'm curios what you suggest :)

Edit: i just saw you message on page six, i just read page one and seven- so i won't expect an answer, but I'll be happy if you still do.

Edited by Moraene
just read page 6

I have been trying around without being able to pin down what i want. i played a sorc to 50 at release, but quit shortly after.

Now on a new acc i have several chars between 10 and around 25 and can't deceide. Sometimes i sub , play a few hours , get annoyed by something, leave it again (and usually i forget to unsubscribe, which i realize a month later when i get the "heres your 500 store-cash...").

Maybe you can suggest something or reassure me that the direction is right... highest char now is a sorc. i definately need something that can solo, not sure if i will ever group up.

Defence: 4

Support(Healing): 8

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 5

Empire: 7

Republic: 4

Tech Gadgets: 5

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 7

Armour: Light(robes)

Dual Wielding: Yes but i can live without

Big Weapons(two handed): if i must... i prefer to go without

Stealth: nice to have, but can live without

Method of damage: like both

Scope of damage: like both, but having aoe is nice

Favourite SW character: thats hard. really hard. while i like Leia, Padme and Chewbacca, i would not want to be like them. love twi'leks (i got the unlock if i remember correctly). From reading on the internet about well-known twi'leks... maybe Darth Talon. But thats just what i found on google, have not read any books or comics.

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: WOW: Warlock (all specs till wotlk, mop destro) Druid (feral/resto till end wotlk, mop balance) Deathknight (mop blood) shaman (ele wotlk) Guild Wars 2: Mesmer , Nekro

just listed the classes that reached maxlvl and i liked, except for gw2 nekro- i like it, but got burned out on gw2 before it reached maxlvl. played many other titles but just not that far.

I'm curios what you suggest :)

Edit: i just saw you message on page six, i just read page one and seven- so i won't expect an answer, but I'll be happy if you still do.

As I said, it's effective as of monday and I check my threads at least once/day(more frequently if it's as is important as this one). I am not one of those facebook gen kids that posts something and promptly forgets. With that said, let's do it:

You seem to like both healing/supporting your team(a support could be a well timed Bloodlust cast as much as Healing!) and the access to the inner secrets of the force. You also prefer the Empire and with the Armour and damage scope, the image is fully clear. Your MMO history is really colourful, but I did find a thing that's common to all of those: control. Whether it be of your form(druid/lock), over others(Mesmer, Necro, lock) or where you will fight(shammie)-it is but oh so present. This class, at least from the character side, is all about control(mainly over your destiny). Shall I use the colour indigo ;) ? Here you are:

Sith Inquisitor - Sorceror - Lightning

Seeing how you already have a sorc, here's your second best(it wears an uniform-hope that doesn't bother you much):

Imperial Agent - Operative - Lethality(would fit awesomely with mes/nec/lock/druid DoT archetype of yours) OR Medicine

When I better think, Agent suits you better from mechanical(gameplay) point and sorc from the fluff(story/lore) point. Get them both!

Enjoy your classes!

Edited by Cuiwe

Oh this is wonderful. ^_^

Defence: 5

Empire: 1

Republic: 10

Lightsabers: 10

Tech Gadgets: 1

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 1

Armour: no pref

Dual Wielding: no pref

Big Weapons(two handed): no pref

Method of damage: no pref

Scope of damage: no pref

Favourite SW character: Revan <3

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: Rift, lots of exp (Mage, loved it, especially Chloro); FFXIVARR, moderate exp (Dragoon, White Mage); WildStar, moderate exp (Esper); WoW, lowish exp (Fury Warrior); Runes of Magic, moderate exp (Warrior/Rogue)

I suppose I'm torn between Knight (Sent) and Consular (Sage). I like classes that are high-input, high-output: takes a lot to bring out their full potential, but very rewarding when you do. I generally like to heal more than to DPS, but I also worry about Sage healing having a low skill cap. Sentinel, on the other hand, seems to be pretty nuanced, the type of class where there's plenty of room to distinguish a great player from a good player. Plus, I tend to gravitate toward dual-wielding.

Another concern: I've poked around the forums a bit but it's always very hard to gauge class balance that way. I don't do the FOTM thing, but I've rolled into gimped classes often enough that I'd like to avoid it for once if possible. I've read quite a bit about Sage/Sorc being at a disadvantage.

Oh, and I like both PvP and PvE. :) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Defence: 8

Support(Healing): 4

Light Side(Good+Lawful alignments): 6

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 8

Empire: 8

Republic: 6

Armour: Medium-Heavy

Dual Wielding: Yes and No, not required but exciting!

Big Weapons(two handed): Yes and No, not required but exciting!

Stealth: Meh.

Method of damage: Direct 10/10, DoT 6/10

Scope of damage: Single-target preferred

Favourite SW character: None in particular

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: (World of Warcraft) Frost Mage, Protection Paladin, Guardian Druid, Protection Warrior.

Oh this is wonderful. ^_^

Defence: 5

Empire: 1

Republic: 10

Tech Gadgets: 1

Guns(Blasters, Snipers, etc): 1

Armour: no pref

Dual Wielding: no pref

Big Weapons(two handed): no pref

Method of damage: no pref

Scope of damage: no pref

Favourite SW character: Revan <3

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: Rift, lots of exp (Mage, loved it, especially Chloro); FFXIVARR, moderate exp (Dragoon, White Mage); WildStar, moderate exp (Esper); WoW, lowish exp (Fury Warrior); Runes of Magic, moderate exp (Warrior/Rogue)

I suppose I'm torn between Knight (Sent) and Consular (Sage). I like classes that are high-input, high-output: takes a lot to bring out their full potential, but very rewarding when you do. I generally like to heal more than to DPS, but I also worry about Sage healing having a low skill cap. Sentinel, on the other hand, seems to be pretty nuanced, the type of class where there's plenty of room to distinguish a great player from a good player. Plus, I tend to gravitate toward dual-wielding.

Another concern: I've poked around the forums a bit but it's always very hard to gauge class balance that way. I don't do the FOTM thing, but I've rolled into gimped classes often enough that I'd like to avoid it for once if possible. I've read quite a bit about Sage/Sorc being at a disadvantage.

Oh, and I like both PvP and PvE. :) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't worry about balance. As long as you are playing what you like, it is of no concern. The typical example being a guy playing a class just because it is -fotm and then properly sucking with it due to not liking it.

As for your class, you are on the correct trail. I'd personally suggest that you go with Jedi Sentinel - Combat. Not to mention that Sage hasn't got anything to do with Lightsabres, so there.

It is a nice, nuanced class(well kinda less so starting 2,10 patch) that takes skill to master, but is awesome fun to play. Sadly, there are no Chloromancer like classes present.

Enjoy your class!

(if you feel the need to have a Sage-be welcome to. There's nothing stopping you, especially with different stories)

Edited by Cuiwe

Defence: 8

Support(Healing): 4

Light Side(Good+Lawful alignments): 6

Dark Side(Evil+Chaotic alignments): 8

Empire: 8

Republic: 6

Armour: Medium-Heavy

Dual Wielding: Yes and No, not required but exciting!

Big Weapons(two handed): Yes and No, not required but exciting!

Stealth: Meh.

Method of damage: Direct 10/10, DoT 6/10

Scope of damage: Single-target preferred

Favourite SW character: None in particular

Prior MMO experience/liked class(es)/etc: (World of Warcraft) Frost Mage, Protection Paladin, Guardian Druid, Protection Warrior.

You seem to want a class that can tank and is all around durable while being above par on damage. All the while focusing on the Force. All the while being a rather traditional tank. I have a class for you and I have a feeling we are thinking of the same class:

Sith Warrior - Sith Juggernaut - Immortality OR(if you fancy Damage at the time) Vengeance

Enjoy your class!

Edited by Cuiwe

You seem to want a class that can tank and is all around durable while being above par on damage. All the while focusing on the Force. All the while being a rather traditional tank. I have a class for you and I have a feeling we are thinking of the same class:

Sith Warrior - Sith Juggernaut - Immortality OR(if you fancy Damage at the time) Vengeance

Enjoy your class!

Thank you! I am just now returning to the game after about a year absence so I was actually looking to create a new character. This is very helpful!

Don't worry about balance. As long as you are playing what you like, it is of no concern. The typical example being a guy playing a class just because it is -fotm and then properly sucking with it due to not liking it.

As for your class, you are on the correct trail. I'd personally suggest that you go with Jedi Sentinel - Combat. Not to mention that Sage hasn't got anything to do with Lightsabres, so there.

It is a nice, nuanced class(well kinda less so starting 2,10 patch) that takes skill to master, but is awesome fun to play. Sadly, there are no Chloromancer like classes present.

Enjoy your class!

(if you feel the need to have a Sage-be welcome to. There's nothing stopping you, especially with different stories)

Thanks, pretty much confirms what I'd been thinking. I leveled Sent with Combat and really liked it; I saw they're removing the RNG components, which is a bit disappointing, but I've decided to just level both and see where things go (have a feeling I'll wind up back with my Sent).