The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, Give us the Classic Mandalorian look

Cypherz

Not Classic Mandalorian thats futuristic Mandalorian. So highly unlikely. and technically Boba Fett wasn't a Mandalorian when he was made. Mandalorians were created in Kotor back around 2000ish.

This is classic Mandalorian. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061216182302/starwars/images/e/e5/MandalorianKOTOR.jpg

In which we do have. Cassus Fett

Oh and for Modern Swtor Era Mandalorian? thats in the june pack.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/swtor-mandalorian-hunter-armor-set-hotshots-starfighter-pack-male.jpg

So highly unlikely. and technically Boba Fett wasn't a Mandalorian when he was made. Mandalorians were created in Kotor back around 2000ish.

Not quite true. I distinctly remembr Boba-Fett style armour being referred to as "Mandalorian" way back in the old West End Games Roleplaying books, and they came out in the 1980s. Mind you, back then I had no idea what a Mandalorian actually was, but the name was there.

I'm going to say no.

First that armor set doesn't come on the scene until when Darth Bane came along and even then when Mandalore the Uniter started wearing, it didn't look exactly like Jango and Boba's.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore_the_Uniter

Second we already have helmets that are "Modern" Era like. Modern Era being the Mando Mercs term for the "Classic" helmet your referring too.

There is the Shae Vizla Helmet that captures the basic shape of the helmet and the Large T-visored Helmet that captures the general "Face" of the helmet of the helmet the one you see all the Mandalorian NPCs in.

http://tor-fashion.com/master-hunter/

http://s136.photobucket.com/user/InsaneDwarf/media/Screenshot_2012-01-09_19_11_34_022685.jpg.html

We already have a Adaptive version of the First helmet and a few months from now we will have an adaptive version of the second helmet which at the moment is available only to Heavy Armor users.

Proof.

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/21/swtor-hotshots-starfighter-pack-preview/

To be honest...We're not supposed to be even wearing that type of armor I just described in the first place we're supposed to still be wearing the neo crusader armor around this time period. Lore dictates the armor design didn't change much until Mandalore the Uniter came along.

I'm going to say no.

First that armor set doesn't come on the scene until when Darth Bane came along and even then when Mandalore the Uniter started wearing, it didn't look exactly like Jango and Boba's.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore_the_Uniter

Second we already have helmets that are "Modern" Era like. Modern Era being the Mando Mercs term for the "Classic" helmet your referring too.

There is the Shae Vizla Helmet that captures the basic shape of the helmet and the Large T-visored Helmet that captures the general "Face" of the helmet of the helmet the one you see all the Mandalorian NPCs in.

http://tor-fashion.com/master-hunter/

http://s136.photobucket.com/user/InsaneDwarf/media/Screenshot_2012-01-09_19_11_34_022685.jpg.html

We already have a Adaptive version of the First helmet and a few months from now we will have an adaptive version of the second helmet which at the moment is available only to Heavy Armor users.

Proof.

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/21/swtor-hotshots-starfighter-pack-preview/

To be honest...We're not supposed to be even wearing that type of armor I just described in the first place we're supposed to still be wearing the neo crusader armor around this time period. Lore dictates the armor design didn't change much until Mandalore the Uniter came along.

Nobody cares dude i`m willing to pay alot to get a jango/bobba fett gear set or near lookalike I came to this game for the Mandalorians not for the Jedi/Sith, BW also had a "u cannot dye LORE armors" policy and we all know how that went out the window, so who really cares about it if u can make ur costumers happy and make some cash in the process Edited by iDraxter

If that's the case how about they just cave in and give us straight up Stormtrooper armor. None of this Dreadguard look alike crap. Lets have people look like a TK-1138. Go ahead give the people exactly what they want. I mean what was Bioware even fathoming trying to give you what you want while trying to remain close to the lore. Lets give you EXACTLY what you want.

It's not like people like to respect the EU anymore anyhow. The Old Republic heck just call the damn game Star Wars the Universal MMO. Be Darth Vader if you want. Be Boba Fett even though the game takes place 5000 years before they were even born. Why don't they just say "Screw this Old Republic Angle lets set it in the Original Trilogy." I mean they are obviously trying to keep up with ESO.

Had to get that out of my system.

Sir you should be freaking happy they even considered giving us "Classic Mandalorian" lookalike armor in the first place. They honestly didn't have to do that. We could have been wearing the Neo Crusader Armor still. They didn't even have to make the Bounty Hunter story tie so much into the Mandalorian Story arc. Hell we could have been an Imperial Stormtrooper Class. The fact that they are even giving us those helmets as ADAPTIVE armor is a freaking Godsend on their part because again they didn't have to do that. I say that as in they didn't have to listen to us, they could have gone right on ignoring us on that issue. Now your asking for straight up Boba Fett armor? Get real man quit asking for stuff you already have right in front of you. Your not going to get exactly what you want man. I could see if this game took place in the GCW or even the Clone Wars, but it doesn't.

Even the look alike stuff in this game isn't exactly like they are in the movies. The Han Solo blaster look alike doesn't look Exactly like Han's DL-44 Blaster. The Imperial Officer stuff doesn't look exactly like the Officer's outfit from the movies. Even Harkan's suit which obviously a Lando Calrissian rip off isn't EXACTLY like Lando's Baron administrator suit.

/e flips coin to the bartender. "Sorry about the mess." Walks out.

If that's the case how about they just cave in and give us straight up Stormtrooper armor. None of this Dreadguard look alike crap. Lets have people look like a TK-1138. Go ahead give the people exactly what they want. I mean what was Bioware even fathoming trying to give you what you want while trying to remain close to the lore. Lets give you EXACTLY what you want.

It's not like people like to respect the EU anymore anyhow. The Old Republic heck just call the damn game Star Wars the Universal MMO. Be Darth Vader if you want. Be Boba Fett even though the game takes place 5000 years before they were even born. Why don't they just say "Screw this Old Republic Angle lets set it in the Original Trilogy." I mean they are obviously trying to keep up with ESO.

Had to get that out of my system.

Sir you should be freaking happy they even considered giving us "Classic Mandalorian" lookalike armor in the first place. They honestly didn't have to do that. We could have been wearing the Neo Crusader Armor still. They didn't even have to make the Bounty Hunter story tie so much into the Mandalorian Story arc. Hell we could have been an Imperial Stormtrooper Class. The fact that they are even giving us those helmets as ADAPTIVE armor is a freaking Godsend on their part because again they didn't have to do that. I say that as in they didn't have to listen to us, they could have gone right on ignoring us on that issue. Now your asking for straight up Boba Fett armor? Get real man quit asking for stuff you already have right in front of you. Your not going to get exactly what you want man. I could see if this game took place in the GCW or even the Clone Wars, but it doesn't.

Even the look alike stuff in this game isn't exactly like they are in the movies. The Han Solo blaster look alike doesn't look Exactly like Han's DL-44 Blaster. The Imperial Officer stuff doesn't look exactly like the Officer's outfit from the movies. Even Harkan's suit which obviously a Lando Calrissian rip off isn't EXACTLY like Lando's Baron administrator suit.

/e flips coin to the bartender. "Sorry about the mess." Walks out.

*runs after you* You done mate? That`s right...keep walking

You got told son.

A little ranty but Cassus is right and I think people should remember that this game is taking place a long long time before the saga we know and love.

I don`t know who ur talking to but can u pls tell me ur opinion on the stripper sets that have been and will be released? can ur awesome "long long time before the saga" explain where strippermania came in and when it went out the window? oh ya JEDI wear them tooo! soooo much for lore preserve! they should`ve not alowed jedi to be able to wear stripper armors right? oh ya BW doesn`t care about ur lore.

Aham *takes deep breath" in yo face bro.

U guys need a reality check here Bioware is selling us vanity stuff at the cost of REAL money accept it or keep denying it, if they run out of ideas for armors they will go foward ahead of timeline and make lookalikes atleast, did u guys see the Jedi Temple guardian set comming up on the cartel market? pure Clone wars Era lookalike see my point now?

Edited by iDraxter

*runs after you* You done mate? That`s right...keep walking

I don`t know who ur talking to but can u pls tell me ur opinion on the stripper sets that have been and will be released? can ur awesome "long long time before the saga" explain where strippermania came in and when it went out the window? oh ya JEDI wear them tooo! soooo much for lore preserve! they should`ve not alowed jedi to be able to wear stripper armors right? oh ya BW doesn`t care about ur lore.

Aham *takes deep breath" in yo face bro.

U guys need a reality check here Bioware is selling us vanity stuff at the cost of REAL money accept it or keep denying it, if they run out of ideas for armors they will go foward ahead of timeline and make lookalikes atleast, did u guys see the Jedi Temple guardian set comming up on the cartel market? pure Clone wars Era lookalike see my point now?

First of all there is nothing in the Lore that says they didn't have exotic dancers during this time period. If a person is that ignorant of lore to dress their Jedi Character they are RPing as a straight up jedi in such outfits that's their business.

There is Lore however that specifically states they didn't have the Modern Mandalorian look during this games time period. BTW this Lore is brand new too. Boba Fett Journal. The time of Darth Bane, which that helmet type first appeared is far off. And like I said even then It did not look like a carbon copy of the helmets we see in the movies. There was no Rangefinder and the back reminded me of a Turian helmet from Mass Effect than anything.

Second Open your freaking eyes you already have lookalikes. You have the Master Hunter Helmet from the Bounty Brokers Rep and in a few months your going to have the Mandalorian hunter Helmet which is basically the Hellfire helmet that always goes for a Million or two on the GTN. Visually the Hellfire is the Modern helmet in the face department and the Hunter helmet is the helmet in the general shape area complete with an antenna in the rangefinder slot. Now if they were to fuse those helmets you would get a Modern Looking helmet.

Third if we're going to be putting in Mando Helms from the future in this game get me the Pre Vizsla Season 4-5 helmet first. It's waaaaay cooler than the Modern helmet. Hell get me Noval Talon's helmet from the Mando Mercs. That guy's helmet is sick. :cool:

First of all there is nothing in the Lore that says they didn't have exotic dancers during this time period. If a person is that ignorant of lore to dress their Jedi Character they are RPing as a straight up jedi in such outfits that's their business.

There is Lore however that specifically states they didn't have the Modern Mandalorian look during this games time period. BTW this Lore is brand new too. Boba Fett Journal. The time of Darth Bane, which that helmet type first appeared is far off. And like I said even then It did not look like a carbon copy of the helmets we see in the movies. There was no Rangefinder and the back reminded me of a Turian helmet from Mass Effect than anything.

Second Open your freaking eyes you already have lookalikes. You have the Master Hunter Helmet from the Bounty Brokers Rep and in a few months your going to have the Mandalorian hunter Helmet which is basically the Hellfire helmet that always goes for a Million or two on the GTN. Visually the Hellfire is the Modern helmet in the face department and the Hunter helmet is the helmet in the general shape area complete with an antenna in the rangefinder slot. Now if they were to fuse those helmets you would get a Modern Looking helmet.

Third if we're going to be putting in Mando Helms from the future in this game get me the Pre Vizsla Season 4-5 helmet first. It's waaaaay cooler than the Modern helmet. Hell get me Noval Talon's helmet from the Mando Mercs. That guy's helmet is sick. :cool:

mate your way too serious about this, i was just trying to bring up business model of BW but lets drop that, anyway I agree there are many awesome sets already in-game the problem is every single 1 of them has "issues"(things take just keeps the sets from being epic) i`m not happy about the hydra set for example it`s perfect but i really started hating the model of the jetpack(would love a more deathwatch/fetts version which btw is already ingame the BH on oricon that trades bh gear has 1 on his back), another would be when the cassus fett set was anounced i was very thrilled then i find out it has no jetpack at all big bummer esp since i would`ve loved to get a chestpiece with the cloak(cape)+ jetpack together in fact if they`d just re-release the cassus fett set with a jetpack or change the jetpack on the hydra model set that would be good enough

While I don't think that there should be an exact Boba Fett style helmet in the game because of the era...

It is kind of silly that there are T visor helmets, and a Shae Vizla style that is suppose to be a kind of Mandalorian helm, but not a Shae Vizla shape helm with a T visor. Note though that even if Shae Vizla's helm had a T visor it still wouldn't be quite the same as a Boba Fett Helmet though. Though to be fair I would rather see somebody in GCW era Mando armor than half naked Jedi or a pink Sith. Lore went out the window with appearance a long time ago. Unfortunate, but true.

I'm glad they are putting in the current era Mando armor, but I won't use it on my BH without the jetpack. I just don't like the two small boot jets too much. Though if there was a Jetpack that I could add to the back of certain armors...without that pipe, I would be sold on so many more armors in the game for my BH.

While I don't think that there should be an exact Boba Fett style helmet in the game because of the era...

It is kind of silly that there are T visor helmets, and a Shae Vizla style that is suppose to be a kind of Mandalorian helm, but not a Shae Vizla shape helm with a T visor. Note though that even if Shae Vizla's helm had a T visor it still wouldn't be quite the same as a Boba Fett Helmet though. Though to be fair I would rather see somebody in GCW era Mando armor than half naked Jedi or a pink Sith. Lore went out the window with appearance a long time ago. Unfortunate, but true.

I'm glad they are putting in the current era Mando armor, but I won't use it on my BH without the jetpack. I just don't like the two small boot jets too much. Though if there was a Jetpack that I could add to the back of certain armors...without that pipe, I would be sold on so many more armors in the game for my BH.

ur right forgot to mention about the new mando set comming out again no jetpack just like with the cassus fett set.......WHY???

as much as I want to see this armor in game, I don't see fitting coming in with the cannon. and even if it is brought in due to high demand, I don't want to see it in the cartel market or packs. maybe a quest, flashpoint or vendor for it, but not on the cartel market

Now I'm for a Chest with with a Jetpack and a cape. I can agree with that.

Also Bioware BRING BACK THE JETPACK ACTIVATING WITH ROCKET BOOST! I don't know why you took that away it was cool.

Though one thing I never got. How can you have a cape and a Jetpack? Wouldn't the cape catch on fire when you used it?

Edited by CassusVerda

Now I'm for a Chest with with a Jetpack and a cape. I can agree with that.

Also Bioware BRING BACK THE JETPACK ACTIVATING WITH ROCKET BOOST! I don't know why you took that away it was cool.

Though one thing I never got. How can you have a cape and a Jetpack? Wouldn't the cape catch on fire when you used it?

I have wanted a chest with a cape and jetpack for a while, it's the only reason I don't currently use the Cassus Fett chestpiece...no jetpack.

As for jetpack with rocket boost, I think most of the actual BH armors work that way. However some of the adaptive chests with jetpacks don't take animation when used with jet boost, including the BBA one...

they're adding clone wars era armor so boba fett might be somewhere on the

horizon ;]

If you are referring to the Temple Guardians armor, your wrong. The Temple Guardians are a group within the Jedi Order that provides security to the Jedi Temple and handles things like ceremonial events and act as bailiffs in Jedi trial proceedings. As the Jedi Order is thousands of years old, it's quite possible that the Temple Guardian's have existed nearly as long as the order itself and their clothing may be ceremonial and just never have changed. This is a rare type of occurrence where something that originated in the Clone Wars era can be explained in a way that doesn't create conflicts in the Star Wars expanded universe or cannon.

Most items from the movies, Expanded Universe and the Clone Wars era simply doesn't fall into that category.

Edited by Spamfritter

If you are referring to the Temple Guardians armor, your wrong. The Temple Guardians are a group within the Jedi Order that provides security to the Jedi Temple and handles things like ceremonial events and act as bailiffs in Jedi trial proceedings. As the Jedi Order is thousands of years old, it's quite possible that the Temple Guardian's have existed nearly as long as the order itself and their clothing may be ceremonial and just never have changed. This is a rare type of occurrence where something that originated in the Clone Wars era can be explained in a way that doesn't create conflicts in the Star Wars expanded universe or cannon.

Most items from the movies, Expanded Universe and the Clone Wars era simply doesn't fall into that category.

Besides that, the Temple Guardian armor they previewed for TOR has plenty of differences from those seen in the Clone Wars Era, the same degree of difference as we see between Boba Fett's armor and the types of Mandalorian/Bounty Hunter armor already present in the game (or the difference between Relnex's Robes and Obi-Wan's Robes for that matter).

Edited by DarthDymond