Safe Spawn Area

Pandemoniac

This evening I wanted to play some GSF matches and sat through the unimaginably long queue to get into a few. What happened while I was playing? One good match and then two spawn-camp slaughter-fests. A couple ships from the other team flew up and dropped some mines and a hyperspace buoy and the other team was able to spawn on our spawn. If the lasers on the capital ships had to be turned off because of camping, then I think we have to have some kind of safe spawn zone where a team can spawn without immediately falling under attack but that also doesn't allow ships to shoot out from, just like we do with Warzones. This is all making GSF really not fun which only gives it a longer queue.

this is pretty much one of the reasons i quit playing GSF until it's fixed; along with LOS issues with drones, they shoot through obstacles, the EMP not covering it's full radius, and everything they're doing wrong with the Type 3 Scout (Bloodmark)...

the smart-alek answer of "use another spawn" doesn't work for uncoordinated PUGs that won't listen (i.e. pay attention to chat box) when against the most coordinated groups on the server... if it was cake to camp 2 spawn points with 2 Gunships and 2 Bombers and lock down a team before, then it can't be hard to lock down 3 spawn-points with 3 Gunships & 3 Bombers (with drones that can shoot through Cap. Ships from below) now...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

considering i haven't played in a bit i had no idea the LOS has been fixed, that's one down, thank you for the info as since you put it i do not read the patch notes, but whatever... regardless, there's no tears here, no need to be jerkly, i'm just saying what i've seen so far, and i haven't played GSF since last patch, so i didn't know... now hopefully they'll fix some of the other issues...

the smart-alek answer of "use another spawn" doesn't work for uncoordinated PUGs that won't listen (i.e. pay attention to chat box) when against the most coordinated groups on the server...[/color]

A bunch of pugs are doomed to die on fire, and their inability to read your instructions is proof of this fact.

if it was cake to camp 2 spawn points with 2 Gunships and 2 Bombers and lock down a team before, then it can't be hard to lock down 3 spawn-points with 3 Gunships & 3 Bombers (with drones that can shoot through Cap. Ships from below) now...

I rarely see a triple spawn camp. What I see a lot of us mining up the default spawn and laughing as people spawn into mines for like the fourth time. I think that TDM should in fact have cap ship turrets again, just with any of many tweaks to prevent camping FROM the spawnship to win (then you have the puggies actually feeding, which is even worse).

But it doesn't matter. If your team is getting spawn camped, it was not going to be a win, and if YOU are getting spawn camped it is largely your own fault. I mostly want the turrets back because in any imbalanced game I end up with four dudes chasing me around for the entire map duration, and the game was more fun when they would moronically fly to their deaths in their bloodlust (a game feature we still have in Domination).

Edited by Verain

A bunch of pugs are doomed to die on fire, and their inability to read your instructions is proof of this fact.

I rarely see a triple spawn camp. What I see a lot of us mining up the default spawn and laughing as people spawn into mines for like the fourth time. I think that TDM should in fact have cap ship turrets again, just with any of many tweaks to prevent camping FROM the spawnship to win (then you have the puggies actually feeding, which is even worse).

But it doesn't matter. If your team is getting spawn camped, it was not going to be a win, and if YOU are getting spawn camped it is largely your own fault. I mostly want the turrets back because in any imbalanced game I end up with four dudes chasing me around for the entire map duration, and the game was more fun when they would moronically fly to their deaths in their bloodlust (a game feature we still have in Domination).

I miss the turrets too. While my deathcount hovers between 0-3 a game, it was always hilarious to see a team full of noobs chasing me and seeing them blow up in a line. No one forced them to fly close to me, so it was their own fault.

Triple camping is hard to do, thus is very rare. If you're playing against a team that's triple spawn camping, you weren't going to win regardless. If you see this happening, you can do what Valenda (sp?) did on Jung'Ma when we were against a bunch of noobs - sit out and instruct the new players (/1 for general chat since it was both pub teams). Regardless, there's not much you can do with a bunch of noobs on your team, except preserve your KD Ratio

Seriously you could just short cut this thread to "Get Someone who knows how PvP works" to fix GSF.

While its a nice game on it's own it just breaks in so many places be it the horrendous advantage given to pre mades, or the abused mechanics or the out and and out lag/teleport cheats popping up its not funny.