am I missing something about strongholds?

Tachenko_Yuri

Well, the housing in and of itself is not only fluff but also content in a sense -

Apparently accomplishments in the game are doled out via trophies which allow you to decorate your house, and the more accomplishments you have, the higher up you are on the "housing leaderboard".

Fascinating.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Housing leaderboard" eh? I suppose we'll see a thread for that once it's released.

It would be interesting if previous accomplishments automatically unlock things in your housing, or if you have to do them again (e.g. defeat Karagga)

"Housing leaderboard" eh? I suppose we'll see a thread for that once it's released.

It would be interesting if previous accomplishments automatically unlock things in your housing, or if you have to do them again (e.g. defeat Karagga)

The former should be reality, the latter is far more likely though.

I like to think it's because I'm probably the only truly neutral person here, able to see both sides objectively...otherwise it's because nobody likes me...:(

Nobody sees things objectively. We're all biased in our own ways. Also, it's because you're a Packers fan. :p

Not an attack, just an observation. It's simply incorrect to use 'we' when stating a personal opinion and not speaking for a group.

He is speaking for a group, even if you don't include yourself in it. Unless you think TUXs is the only raider in the game.

You know what would have been cool.. if the Guild Ship was something that had to be built. Sort of like Age of Conan with their strongholds. Everyone in the guild had to contribute to making the stronghold through all of the crafting professions, farming world drops etc.. Which you then had to defend against other guilds who could raid your stronghold. Instead I guess we'll just get a guild ship and stand on it.

I agree with TUX, for these reasons:

1. A player that enjoys endgame activities such as PvP, HM FPs and Ops is more likely to continue playing the game after their class quests are finished.

2. The more people that continue playing the game, the greater the health of the game in general.

Players that never set foot in an operation still benefit from the developers adding them into the game.

But can't this also be used as a reason to applaud strongholds?

Many people enjoy housing and the related time sinks that go with it. Many people will stay subbed longer as a result of housing, thus making the game better. To quote you: Many people who never set foot in their stronghold will benefit from the developers adding them to the game.

This isn't really content I will enjoy as much as I enjoy, say, the GSF addition or Makeb expansion, but I recognize that many others will. They will stay subbed and will continue to play the game at least in part due to this content being added.

I don't see the problem.

2) Why are folks getting all hyped up for a house which will take 4 loading screens ( fleet + ship + planet + the "house" instance itself i'm guessing ) for a purely fluff feature..? ( Well, unless there's going to be some sort of direct travel house-fleet terminal, much like the daily areas, that is, or even a prioriti transport "house" thingy implemented, that is. )

To answer this question, from the press release, "Friends can be invited and transported to a player’s Stronghold from any in-game location to socialize." (link)

So there does appear to be an implementation of direct transport to your house. It appears that you won't even have to walk to a Priority Transport terminal. Direct transport to your house from anywhere.

Nobody sees things objectively. We're all biased in our own ways. Also, it's because you're a Packers fan. :p

Now now now...there's no need to be jealous of me for being a Packer fan...we welcome everyone...well, everyone except Cowboy, 49er, Bear or Viking fans...we'd gladly welcome Detroit fans if we thought they existed ;)

Now now now...there's no need to be jealous of me for being a Packer fan...we welcome everyone...well, everyone except Cowboy, 49er, Bear or Viking fans...we'd gladly welcome Detroit fans if we thought they existed ;)

I don't actually even follow football, but I did when I was growing up...in Minnesota. So I'm physically incapable of liking the Packers, sorry. :D

He is speaking for a group, even if you don't include yourself in it. Unless you think TUXs is the only raider in the game.

He's speaking for a group that didn't choose him to speak for them.

Or would it be okay if I decided to started speaking for PVPers as a whole?

To answer this question, from the press release, "Friends can be invited and transported to a player’s Stronghold from any in-game location to socialize." (link)

So there does appear to be an implementation of direct transport to your house. It appears that you won't even have to walk to a Priority Transport terminal. Direct transport to your house from anywhere.

Sounds like the old Have Group, Will Travel ability from WoW before they removed it.

I've heard they're almost as rare as Tampa Bay fans.

I was not speaking for any group, nor did I ever claim to...I spoke for what "I" believed "WE" (the community) needed.

Do you seriously need all of this spelled out? EVERYTHING anyone posts is THEIR opinion.

I was not speaking for any group, nor did I ever claim to...I spoke for what "I" believed "WE" (the community) needed.

Do you seriously need all of this spelled out? EVERYTHING anyone posts is THEIR opinion.

And all equally invalid.

That said, some opinions 'are' better than others. Some are based on evidence and facts and well-reasoned logic and others are not.

We are amused by this topic.

Actually Opinions are correct and you cannot tell someone that their opinion is wrong, you can however disagree with their opinion but Opinions are never wrong.

True true.

This does not however mean any given opinion, by any person, at any given moment = objective fact

Opinions are, by definition, self-referencing in nature.

Edited by Andryah

It would absolutely be okay for you to say "In my opinion, the PVP community needs [X]".

How seriously anyone takes that opinion will come from how much they personally agree with it or how well supported it is by facts/evidence, but there is nothing wrong with having a personal opinion about what would be good for a larger segment of the game's population than just yourself.

You just may find that others (including members of that population segment) disagree with you.

2. Because its fun? And do you really believe there will not be a direct transport to it? Because that would be ridiculous.

Fun eh? yo dawg, heard you like house, so I'll let you decorate a house, while inside another house... mmk.

Ridicolous, maybe. However, Makeb, ground for chapter 4, paid with extra money Rothc expansion, daily area, and also grounds for a weekly quest which involves 6 quests and then some, currently does not have a priority transport to it, so atm I'm having doubts about a prio trasnport for the houses , yes. Especially if there is going to be a multitude of houses on an equal multitude of planets.

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri