The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Armor conversion kiosk / feature

Aizen

So I am sitting here looking at the appearance changer kiosk. And I thought to myself "why isn't there a similar kiosk that allows you to take the armors that are restricted to light, medium, & heavy an convert them via (Cartel Coins only) to adaptive or to your perspective armor type?"

The Ups.

It's a new & creative way to spend cartel coins, not to mention increases the desire to buy more cartel coins / partake in the cartel market. As it stands now I don't do much with my cartel coins.

This also doesn't effect the adaptive armor sets that comes from the cartel packs as they are unique / new. each month.

The Downs.

It's early for me and I am still waking up. So none that I can think of currently, I am open to honest concerns so that this idea may be better fine tuned for possible consideration.

The rules.

Once you convert the desired set it cannot be undone.

Once you convert the desired set it is bound to that character only. (This avoids abuse of the system.)

Requires the desired set in mind already in your inventory to be unbound, as using this feature will bind it to whichever character you're currently on while using this kiosk.

Individual pieces can be converted for those who only wish to convert certain armor pieces. A helmet for example etc. the rules above still apply.

Pricing.

from 2500 to 3000 cartel coins for a (full) set conversion. This means helmet, chest, forearms, gloves, belt, pants, boots.

Pricing for individual armor items will vary pending on their type. forearms an belts costing the least amount of cartel coins. Gloves an boots costing slight more. Chest, pants, helmet being the more expensive.

Love this idea--especially if it means that awesome looking piece of blue armor becomes adaptive. I've come across so many pieces that look awesomely cool--but get discarded because I need to put in enhancements, etc.

I like your idea, but I would change it just a bit.

Add an item to the Cartel Market that makes it so you can change ANY type of item to be able to add/remove armorings, hilts, barrels, mods, and enhancements, but also make that item bound in the process.

Then, effectually, players can make any item they like the appearance of into an orange customization piece of armor or weapon. Balance it by making the item cost around the same as a premade full set if you were to do this to an entire set.

We know all items are built from the same components as oranges, they just hid them on most. Some companion weapons are still green, but have removable parts.

Edited by vemerce