Choosing Light vs Dark Side is Pointess in this game.

chosonman

How about....you know... silly thing.... Role Play your character? You talk a lot about RP aspect in SWG. You realize that main source of character role play is a player? Not systems, not game engines...but this thing between monitor screen and chair - player.

If you need a reward to chose LS or DS then sorry but I suppose you don't get the idea.

I rolled Sith, wanted to play a cruel guy. No chances. I removed Vette's collar straight away.... damn :/ So you really need that reward from devs? Perhaps do it for yourself?

I guess you dont get the idea of having a character change from good to evil or visa versa. That is what star wars is all about, redemption and temptation.

Sure, the alignment system is a little pointless, but I am glad it isn't tied to factions, so that one can play a Jedi commiting horrible things in the name of the republic or an Agent who does good but still is a loyal member of the empire.

A Jedi commiting horrible acts runs counter to SW lore. Jedis do not commit horrible acts and stay a jedi. That is whats so whack about this game.

A Jedi commiting horrible acts runs counter to SW lore. Jedis do not commit horrible acts and stay a jedi. That is whats so whack about this game.

Sure, but that doesn't mean every rogue Jedi becomes a Sith either. And the faction in the game are republic or empire, so even if the Jedi has trouble with the order, that doesn't mean he also have to leave the republic behind. And by the way there are quite a few Jedi who have been quite dark and still served the republic in the lore, so don't tell me there are none.

Yeah maybe the aligment system is a bit dumb but if you look at the Agent storyline for example being dark is significantly different than being light. Also, and I hate to rain on this nostalgic parade but this game is not SWG.

Sure, there are a few great choices in the Agent story, but they would lose nothing if there wouldn't be an alignment system in the game. Worse, often enough it seems like rampart destruction is considered dark, but supporting the evil regime and not killing outright everyone in hope you can exploit them later is considered light side... Yes, I was truely surprised how light sided my imperials ended up just because I prefer intruige to mindless brutality.