The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fire Pulse - make it feel nicer?

Cotlu-Hunlon

Then it would look too similar to Incendiary Round. Again, it needs a new design direction....preferably towards Ion / electricity instead of fire.

Maybe, i noticed a ninja change to it's animation in 2.7, it seems to act like your pressing a detonater instead of Explosive Surges' rifle "reload" animation.

how about renaming it to Ion Blast and giving it an electric touch?

how about renaming it to Ion Blast and giving it an electric touch?

A suggestion that has been made several times already on thread, hopefully *someone* with any interest in Vanguard at Bioware looks around these parts, as far as I can tell this is one of the most inactive class forums at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Fire Pulse is absolutely horrible when compared with it's counterpart.

A lot of the animations are based on taste. For instance, IN MY OPINION

Stock strike > rocket punch animation

Gut >>> retractable blade animation

Pulse Canon > Flame thrower animation

Rail Shot >>>>>>>> HIgh Impact bolt animation with a WAAAAY cool sound.

sticky grenade > sticky...rocket...thing i forgot its name animation

death from above >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mortar volley

missle blast > single...silly....mortar shot thingy I forgot animation

carboinize > trooper....farty thingy animation

However Fire Pulse is NOT a matter of taste, it is just flat out BAD and the ONLY good thing that can be said over immolate is that it doesn't make everything hard to see because it's all covered in fire. It is, however, extremely lame for a top tier ability and I can't believe this far into the game they have not changed it.

As the guy showing the ability in the OPs video, I'd like to offer my full support to change this trainwreck of a visual. It is by far the most underwhelming and laughable ability animation in the game in my opinion. I dislike when people see something they don't like and call the devs lazy, but this ability... I'm sorry, but it feels lazily done.

Please change the animation for Fire Pulse Bioware. Please, it lacks awesome sauce right now.

lies, change immolate, I'm getting tired of flapping my arms and somehow that's a attack. Fire Pulse feels like your actually hitting something.

Dude fire pulse is way better than immolate, fire pulse actually feels like im hitting the target instead of immolate which is like *wave arms and spew fire in the air*

you OBVIOUSLY are an idiot.

Immolate COVERS a target in FIRE. while Fire Pulse is just a really dark looking small explosion that you detonate on your target. which is cooler?

fire pulse and immolate are both pretty crappy.. fire pulse for obvious reasons and immolate looks more like a coneattack than a single target attack. none of them do what their description says really.

Immolate really does do what it says. Even seen Angels & Demons - the Da Vinci Code prequel? At the end, Ewan McGregor immolates himself in liquid wax and set himself on fire and it creates a massive fire. The difference with SWTOR is that the spraying of the fuel, the lighting and all the fuel burning up has to happen in 1.5 seconds.