Going Further w/ Cosmetics

Korithras

Some of the trailers and previews shown for GSF showed things like wing designs, tri or quad-engines, none of which exist in the game. (And let's not forget about the screwed pooch of the attack foils on blackbolts) Instead of having the components we choose dictate what our engines and blasters look like mounted on our ship, why not just add the models to the cosmetics section and let us pick out those as a look as well? And throw in the unused looks from the trailers as well. Edited by Korithras

Some of the trailers and previews shown for GSF showed things like wing designs, tri or quad-engines, none of which exist in the game. (And let's not forget about the screwed pooch of the attack foils on blackbolts) Instead of having the components we choose dictate what our engines and blasters look like mounted on our ship, why not just add the models to the cosmetics section and let us pick out those as a look as well? And throw in the unused looks from the trailers as well.

:rolleyes:

Did the thought never strike you that maybe, just maybe, the Blackbolt never was intended to have its foils up? No? Because if so, please take a look at the new scout that's coming. And if you're talking about the model for the NovaDive that was 'never used', go check out the new scout (again).

On one hand, you should indeed check the new ships. Wing designs, weapon designs, engines, these things kinda need to stay the same for each ship, so in the heat of battle the enemy can distingush what they are against.

On the other hand, it indeed would be pleasing if the customization went further. Weapon and engine colors will probably come, same as ground game color crystals do, but I somehow doubt a cool ship painting customization will come anytime.

I mean, I'd love to paint the whole thing. What we have now is boring grey ship with small or smaller "paintjobs", which are actually just painted different patterns of ship parts. I'd love to change the whole hull color, and have some cool actual paint jobs.

I'm also quite dissapointed they brought the stupid dye module system from ground game to GSf, but that probably won't change either.

Best would be like:

- choose ship.

- choose paint job. <several layouts of 2 or 3 colors on the ship, more unlockable through CC and packs>

- choose color 1. <several basic colors, more unlockable through CC and packs>

- choose color 2. <several basic colors, more unlockable through CC and packs>

- choose color 3. <several basic colors, more unlockable through CC and packs>

But eh, I guess I can keep dreaming and hope that someone up there makes a nice patterns and cool paint modules.

I'm also quite disappointed they brought the stupid dye module system from ground game to GSf, but that probably won't change either.

I'll agree with this. I'd also like there to be different ways to paint the engine parts and weapons. My ion railgun needs a crying fairy on the side, for instance...

The new imperial scout pattern has a V-like pattern. I'd like to see more of that on both sides. I also am disappointed that every emp color (almost) is basically light gray or dark gray. I was thrilled to see "dark purple / light purple" but when I painted it, the colors are almost identical to two of the three colors already all over the ship. Ughhh. Still, the red/red one at least kind of gets away from that.

Overall I like the cosmetics and would like more. I'm particularly wondering why I can't get greens and purples (paints: obviously green laser should be emp only) on the repships.

Edited by Verain