Mailoc/Redeemer cannon icons.

MystbladeWA

Unlocked this ship as i prefer the aesthetics to the Quarrel on my Pub toons. It is very irritating to me that the icons for both Slug and Ion Cannons are both the same.

Given that the Devs have decided to eschew any form of text info in our UI, it is annoying to me that the only way i can determine what cannon I have selected in the heat of battle is to fire it and hope for the best.

Am I missing some trick that will help me in this regard? If not, please devs can you at least allow abbreviated text labels on the UI to identify the weapons and skills?

None do, this is not ship specific at all then. This is what confused me.

On the mangler, the ion cannon has a very different icon than the slug, and both are different than plasma. The ion cannon is a small box, the slug is long, etc. The exact same is true on the quarrel.

But the redeemer and mailoc don't have this feature.

Go here:

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/

Go look at the icons. It changes when you press 1- but not for the redeemer/mailoc.

On the mangler, the ion cannon has a very different icon than the slug, and both are different than plasma. The ion cannon is a small box, the slug is long, etc. The exact same is true on the quarrel.

But the redeemer and mailoc don't have this feature.

Go here:

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/

Go look at the icons. It changes when you press 1- but not for the redeemer/mailoc.

I see that the weapon icons (when you're upgrading/changing components/etc) are different, but I don't remember seeing any different icon in a GSF match when I hit 1 to change which railgun I'm using on my Quarrel. Any chance you could put up a screenshot or two of the differences/icons changing/etc?

This issue previously (still?) affected (affects?) the non-premium ships. I know that the ion and slug railguns showed the same graphic for me until they were finally fixed with a patch (not announced in patch notes). Other people reported the icons having always worked. I think SWTOR has some issues regarding some of the 2d art assets that vary from PC to PC.

Where does the icon display (in a GSF match)? IIRC I only see the generic "swap weapons" icon that my strike fighter has has, at least I assume it's the generic icon as both Quarrel & Star Guard have it.

On the default UI, right next to your abilities. They're lined following this order (from left to right) :

---

System/Weapon Swap

Shield

Engine

Copilot

---

---

Primary Weapon

Secondary Weapon

---

Edited by Altheran

On the default UI, right next to your abilities. They're lined following this order (from left to right) :

---

System/Weapon Swap

Shield

Engine

Copilot

---

---

Primary Weapon

Secondary Weapon

---

Yeah, just noticed that, **** me I'm blind!!!

I doubt it hurts it either- most players wouldn't guess that the gunship would be messed up in this way.

For the record, the Quarrel and Mangler are the only two out of EIGHT gunships that work properly. The Redeemer/Mailoc have this icon issue, as do the K-52. In fact, I recall a bug with the Comet Breaker and Dustmaker where their icons wouldn't swap even thought hey have different ones- unsure if it's still there.

The icon for proton torpedo should not be a railgun :/