Your best match and why?

SithAceI

Just a thread for everyone to post your best match screenshot or explanation or both!

This match was my best because it was a come from behind victory.

Solo que, mostly f2p on my side, 4-5 ship pub enemy (if u recognize yourself great match), and for Imp on JC there are not to many victories.

LOL I am the guy first on the list (Sithace) btw.

http://imageshack.com/a/img545/5379/yncg.jpg

Please feel free to add your 2 cents etc. I have made this to share.

Edited by SithAceI
bad title

I was in that match as Solless. I was flying a partially mastered ship on the Imp side. Once it is mastered, watch out.

Good match, Infern'al was laying mines like a champ with a mastered minelayer of his, if I remember correctly. My team didn't have much hope against that.

Edited by Jason_Baker

Ya mastered sting on that one lol. I remember looking at the lobby and thinking wow this ones gonna be ruff. It was definitely a way cool match even if we would have lost. That sting build can melt bombers. Hope I see ya in game sometime!

I don't remember all my matches to name one as my best. But here are a couple of recent matches I enjoyed.

The first was a loss but I had fun trying to break down the enemy defense and capture satellites. Even though it resulted in a loss these are the type of matches I like because they push you to the limits of your skill.

http://i.imgur.com/UVgyS3m.jpg

The second was just a nice team win. They constantly tried to take the satellites from us. This allowed me to get many kills defending like crazy boosting from node to node.

http://i.imgur.com/k5JOieM.jpg

Even with the unpredictability of pug groups you can still have fun. :)

I've been through a good amount of adrenaline-inducing matches, but I'll always remember the one with Bomberguy. The link is to SWTOR's twitch stream of a Lost Shipyards TDM that starts at 37:46 and ends at 50:42. After having destroyed Bomberguy's team in a Domination match on Empire side, I switched factions with 2 others to fight some of my other buddies and make it a bit more even (and more fun). Both sides had some very skilled pilots flying around, and I got to play both my Pike and Quarrel. It was a blast. Edited by TrinityLyre

This match is one of my best recently. It was really a turn around for me, because prior to that I was on a losing streak.

The day after that one i had a 20/6/0 TDM match, however i lost the screenshot for that one.:sul_embarrassed:It was pretty fun testing the limits of my ability to evade all the missiles and railguns hurled at me, by the end though i barely had a sliver of hull left.

Edited by Bereduss

Had many good matches but it is hard to remember all the specifics. Things like a sure loss turned around because you snuck out, killed the defenders, and solo capped a satellite and won by a handful of points. So I will just relate my most recent one.

I got put into a TDM where my side was already losing 16 to 1 and even the spawn points were getting camped. I was able to live long enough to get a chance to kill a couple of attackers, even the odds a bit, and then our faster-arriving respawns allowed us to get a local upper hand and actually push back a bit.

We lost I think 43-23, and I ended up with 6 kills, 12 assists, 0 deaths. Not a win, but it did change the match from a terrible experience for an overwhelmed group into half-decent experience.

My best day was 4 matches played where I got 49 kills, 50 assists, 1 death. I only went 3-1 though since in 1 of those games my side was outmatched quite a bit.

Edited by ptwonline

I've been through a good amount of adrenaline-inducing matches, but I'll always remember the one with Bomberguy. The link is to SWTOR's twitch stream of a Lost Shipyards TDM that starts at 37:46 and ends at 50:42. After having destroyed Bomberguy's team in a Domination match on Empire side, I switched factions with 2 others to fight some of my other buddies and make it a bit more even (and more fun). Both sides had some very skilled pilots flying around, and I got to play both my Pike and Quarrel. It was a blast.

link with timestamp for the lazy

Edited by Armonddd

Great matches all!

Thanks for the stories and screenshots. I should have called this thread "memorable matches and why" cus that applies more than best ones. I also have had great matches that I/we did not win too.

Remember you don't have to have screenshots but it does help.

I don't have a screenshot I'm afraid, but my favourite match so far was a TDM. I was flying my Skybolt, and had racked up some kills, when I started getting hit from all directions. I had 6 of the other team on me, no way I could kill them all before I died.

Popping defensive cooldowns almost constantly, I flew at top speed pretty much on the deck of the mesa's, dodging around, cutting through the tunnels. Must have gone on for about 4 minutes of pure escaping. Most fun I've ever had, it was brilliant.

Finishing the match with 29-0 kill/death helped as well :D

I had a good match last night after a raid. It started off with there only being ~2 (including me) people with more than 2 ships on our side & ~1/2 of their side having 5 ships, the lead changed hands a few times with them being in the lead for the majority until they got to ~950 or so points when we managed to 3 cap them & steal victory from the jaws of defeat. A very close match & a good one since it was mainly pugs on our side (no idea if it was on theirs as well or not).

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/jlFJozO.jpg

Republic had more ships unlocked and more veterans (I knew four of their players by name), but it wasn't a complete imbalance like usual (on my server). Nevertheless, Republic was in lead from the start, and although satellites switched control here and there, Republic had two compared to our one the majority of time. Eventually, at about 550 to 800 we managed to get grip on A and B while they were holding C. Republic was determined to get A and/or B back and both satellites were under neverending pressure (no turrets on either and constant blinking) but we endured. That seemed to infuriate the Republic so they threw everything they had at us - which, when the score was about 800 to 930, allowed one of your nearly-stock newbies to go to C, destroy all three turrets there and then cap it all by himself. We held three sats just long enough to get ahead with the score (Republic was still in lead, but it was easy math that with at least two sats on our side we will reach 1000 first), and even if they grabbed C towards the very end, we eventually claimed the victory.

Republic would certainly win the match if they were just a bit less bloodthirsty - they only had to hold C even when we got A and B, and there was plenty of time to interrupt the cap at C when our brave newbie went to take it - but that only made our victory more unexpected and sweet. Oh, and one props to both sides - although several pilots had 5 ships unlocked, there wasn't a single bomber in the game, and only two gunships (it was 8vs8 match) one on each side. I don't want to claim that this fact contributed to the most enjoyable match I had in months ... I'm just saying.

Edited by Danylia

Well, there was that one time I went the entire game without crashing my ship into anything. That was pretty sweet.

LOL I Love this ;).

And thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead!

I made this just to lighten up the mood in the forum!

Please feel free to add to it.

Had a memorable game recently against a bunch of republic vets with newbs thrown in. Flying my trusty blackbolt, became a hurricane of death and went 20-1 -- my only death being a clumsy self destruct! I foolishly dove after someone who didn't see the wall either, and we both crashed. I had half their team chasing me, but I am very good at striking hard and slipping away. I hope I took a screenshot, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Posted the ending here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=728208

I didnt perform too well, but probably got the winning kill. We did go head to head, then about a minute before game end enemy team got lucky and it was 44:48, then 46:49... then we got lucky ;)

And it was probably my kill that became our victory... when I see exploding enemy and "'victory' table pop up it was great :)

Probably the one where I landed a 500m shot with proton torpedoes on my Pike.

Other than that I just generally like really close games. The ones where, "We can still win this one," is not a blatantly false statement.

Best match was tonight....everyone in death match was on scouts and strikers. We lost 33-40 maybe, but it was the most fun I have had in a long time. I got most kills which was cool, 12 I think,and constantly had people on me and I was on them. everybody was in a dog fight the entire time. A true GSF match.

wish they were all like that, and most people in there were great pilots as well.

Best match was tonight....everyone in death match was on scouts and strikers. We lost 33-40 maybe, but it was the most fun I have had in a long time. I got most kills which was cool, 12 I think,and constantly had people on me and I was on them. everybody was in a dog fight the entire time. A true GSF match.

wish they were all like that, and most people in there were great pilots as well.

Damn sorry I missed it! Since we are on the same server and I have fought with and against ya many a time. Damn nightshift! Well maybe next time...