The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just transferred/reactivated my old 50 Battlemaster PT. Advice?

Hearst

I played Pyro PT back in ye days of olde and really tore it up.

Of course, when you could stack the Warzone adrenals with regular adrenals and the on-map buffs, Railshot used to be silly and crit for a whollllleeeeee lot.

I tried a couple of games of PvP and my Railshot was just hitting like a wet noodle. Like 1500-2000 or so, and I'm honestly not sure if the spec has been nerfed into the ground or what. It's been so long since I've played that I honestly don't even remember much of how it used to be, except for the fact that I used to easily top damage/carry with a solid healer on my team.

So, basically, what's changed for the PT in PvP? Should I be running a different build now, or am I just generally doing something wrong? Or, conversely, am I just bad now because I haven't played in forever?

Constructive advice is greatly appreciated, gentlebeings. I'm not /really/ that interested in playing Shieldtech all of a sudden, because it'd basically be me relearning how to play the game all over again with different mechanics, so whatever help you guys can offer would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Im going to assume you are still using your old battlemaster gear, which if im right I give you this advice. Ditch it.

The new bolster mechanic introduced since you left is incompatible with expertise gear, so you are at about 50% of your possible potential. Afterwards, check out Koozie's guide for pyro pt and collect winnings

Im going to assume you are still using your old battlemaster gear, which if im right I give you this advice. Ditch it.

The new bolster mechanic introduced since you left is incompatible with expertise gear, so you are at about 50% of your possible potential. Afterwards, check out Koozie's guide for pyro pt and collect winnings

Thanks. I knew something felt wrong about it.

So, what's your recommendation? Just PvE to 55 and then start grinding gear, just like the olden times? I think I have like 23million rested XP or something, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'll check out the guide, though if nothing has really changed much spec wise, I know how to play Pyro pretty damn well.

Thanks. I knew something felt wrong about it.

So, what's your recommendation? Just PvE to 55 and then start grinding gear, just like the olden times? I think I have like 23million rested XP or something, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'll check out the guide, though if nothing has really changed much spec wise, I know how to play Pyro pretty damn well.

My current recommendation is to abuse the hell out of bolster. This is done by using the blue armorings/mods/enhancements/barrels that are:

Reflex Barrel/Armoring 20

Agile Mod 20(lettered is dine)

Adept Enhancement 20

Advanced [colour] Hawkeye Crystal

And level 53 blue implants + earpieces found on the gtn, and generic relics bought from the light/dark side vendors.

Top priority with the new gear is the relics. The best 2 are:

Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution.

After that, get the set bonus, then the earpiece/implants, then the belt/bracers, then the last piece of armor, then the mainhand and finally the offhand. Just know that bolster is currently glitched with my recommendations to be better in every slot bar relics when compared to conqueror, and comparable with obroan.

Also if you like the look of your battlemaster gear you can keep the shells as they dont have expertise

My current recommendation is to abuse the hell out of bolster. This is done by using the blue armorings/mods/enhancements/barrels that are:

Reflex Barrel/Armoring 20

Agile Mod 20(lettered is dine)

Adept Enhancement 20

Advanced [colour] Hawkeye Crystal

And level 53 blue implants + earpieces found on the gtn, and generic relics bought from the light/dark side vendors.

Top priority with the new gear is the relics. The best 2 are:

Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution.

After that, get the set bonus, then the earpiece/implants, then the belt/bracers, then the last piece of armor, then the mainhand and finally the offhand. Just know that bolster is currently glitched with my recommendations to be better in every slot bar relics when compared to conqueror, and comparable with obroan.

Also if you like the look of your battlemaster gear you can keep the shells as they dont have expertise

These are items I should get on the way to 55, or at 55? I'm a bit confused, because all of the language of these items is new to me.

These are items I should get on the way to 55, or at 55? I'm a bit confused, because all of the language of these items is new to me.

The first items are available on the way to 55 (from about level 46 with the exception of the earpiece and implants), the stuff afterwards (starting at the obroan relics, which require conqueror ones) is only available at 55.

They were also available back when you quit, so its easy to get your hands on them.

this post is very informative, since i am level 53 on my PT-pyro myself and a little lost on how to gear for pvp.

as cybertech i made me level 53 purple mods and armorings and bought a purple barrel and completely broke my bolster (down to 16xx exp), so this post helps big time.

2 things i dont understand yet:

1) are the level 53 blue "microfilament" implants and earpiece from the GTN ok to use ? i am asking since they both have 140+ aim & endurance and they seem not to be crafted (no crafter name on them), or do i HAVE to use crafted overkill/hawkeye ones ?

2) i dont know how to obtain "adept enhancement 20". on my alt i can craft 19 and 21 (level 43 and 47 i think) but not the level 45 ones. the voss vendor only has level 45 "efficient" and "disziplin" enhancements, both with almost the same stats (about 25 end, 17 power, 27 surge) which seem not as optimal as adept-enh for a dps PT.

Edited by Psionic_X

this post is very informative, since i am level 53 on my PT-pyro myself and a little lost on how to gear for pvp.

as cybertech i made me level 53 purple mods and armorings and bought a purple barrel and completely broke my bolster (down to 16xx exp), so this post helps big time.

1) are the level 53 blue "microfilament" implants and earpiece from the GTN ok to use ? i am asking since they both have 140+ aim & endurance and they seem not to be crafted (no crafter name on them), or do i HAVE to use crafted overkill/hawkeye ones ?

2) i dont know how to obtain "adept enhancement 20". on my alt i can craft 19 and 21 (level 43 and 47 i think) but not the level 45 ones. the voss vendor only has level 45 "efficient" and "disziplin" enhancements, both with almost the same stats (about 25 end, 17 power, 27 surge) which seem not as optimal as adept for a dps PT.

46s are available to buy for planetary comms on fleet from the planet vendors.

Lets be realistic here..everything gets bolstered reasonably pre 55 so greens blue or purple isnt going to make a massive difference like partisan vs obroan does at 55. Buy anything around your level that is cheap with decent stats! That's what I do!

46s are available to buy for planetary comms on fleet from the planet vendors.

yes but only "disciplin" and "efficient", not the above mentioned "adept". since adept has a bit better stats for dps i was wondering if they are even obtainable somehow or if it was a typo.

i could also craft adept 21 (level 47) myself, but not sure if that is allready too high.

Lets be realistic here..everything gets bolstered reasonably pre 55 so greens blue or purple isnt going to make a massive difference like partisan vs obroan does at 55. Buy anything around your level that is cheap with decent stats! That's what I do!

well i overdid it in first take, level 53 all crafted purple does not work -> expertise goes down to 1800. what i put in now, i will also be using as fresh 55 for a while.

Edited by Psionic_X

PT Pyro is one of the most fun builds in my opinion to play in PvP, if you can PvP you will be a one man army! The survivability, mobility, utility and control is exceedingly fun and bolster makes it so you can be doing well north of 7xx k every WZ with DPS ranging between 8xx - 1xxx.

If you like PT Pyro play it today it rocks big time.

2) i dont know how to obtain "adept enhancement 20". on my alt i can craft 19 and 21 (level 43 and 47 i think) but not the level 45 ones. the voss vendor only has level 45 "efficient" and "disziplin" enhancements, both with almost the same stats (about 25 end, 17 power, 27 surge) which seem not as optimal as adept-enh for a dps PT.

DELAYED RESPONSE TIME!

1) yeah, its the blue 'microfilament' implants from the GTN that can't be crafted. Those are the ones that bolster works best with.

2) I must have been obscenely lucky because a couple of weeks ago on the Harbinger there were 20 of them on the GTN for 5k each. No idea where they came from, but Proficient and Discipline enhancements should be fine though.

DELAYED RESPONSE TIME!

1) yeah, its the blue 'microfilament' implants from the GTN that can't be crafted. Those are the ones that bolster works best with.

2) I must have been obscenely lucky because a couple of weeks ago on the Harbinger there were 20 of them on the GTN for 5k each. No idea where they came from, but Proficient and Discipline enhancements should be fine though.

tnx very much !

• 2 weeks later...
DELAYED RESPONSE TIME!

Delayed question time.

Where do I get Adept Enhancement 20? Can't seem to find them anywhere, not Voss or Corellia vendors.

Delayed question time.

Where do I get Adept Enhancement 20? Can't seem to find them anywhere, not Voss or Corellia vendors.

I honestly have no idea where to find the Adept Enhancement 20. I know they exist due to finding them on the GTN, but where they come from is beyond me. However, others have stated that all the power/surge enhancements that are numbered 20 are fine, so just use them.