Plea to bring back shop droid affection

Froederick

I would like to see the ship drops be able to gain affection again. I'm not sure why this was removed, I can't see that it broke game play.

Being as the biggest thing that affection does to my knowledge is speed up crew skills and increase crit for them, and he really doesn't do anything but crew skills, why give us no option to increase it?

I'm not asking for anything free, just the ability to do the same as I would with other companions.

I would like to see the ship drops be able to gain affection again. I'm not sure why this was removed, I can't see that it broke game play.

Being as the biggest thing that affection does to my knowledge is speed up crew skills and increase crit for them, and he really doesn't do anything but crew skills, why give us no option to increase it?

I'm not asking for anything free, just the ability to do the same as I would with other companions.

I believe the logic there is that droids are droids, and don't have affection. Merely personality chips that dictate how they interact.

I can't get better FPS in SW:TOR by buying my computer cupcakes.

*edit*

Although, after thinking about it, maybe they could add a new category of gifts that would be like droid parts. Then you could give it to them and get better performance out of them similar to gifts and affection.

Edited by Scoobings

I believe the logic there is that droids are droids, and don't have affection. Merely personality chips that dictate how they interact.

*edit*

Although, after thinking about it, maybe they could add a new category of gifts that would be like droid parts. Then you could give it to them and get better performance out of them similar to gifts and affection.

Some droids do gain affection though. Things like memory wipes and such keep this from happening, but it does happen. Think R2-D2.

*edit*

T7 disagrees with your assessment of Droids and Affection.

Those droids are exceptions, not the rule.

And who says R2-D2 actually has any real affection? All he does is run the mission he's assigned. In fact on tatooine he just completely strands C-3PO when it comes down to a choice of the mission or affection.

A category of AI units would be just fine for me, or even change the name to dedication or loyalty or compatibility programming.

I'm just looking for a way to be able to earn my way up to the most efficient crafting or mission running with a companion who is designed to do nothing else.

A category of AI units would be just fine for me, or even change the name to dedication or loyalty or compatibility programming.

I'm just looking for a way to be able to earn my way up to the most efficient crafting or mission running with a companion who is designed to do nothing else.

Herd dat :cool: