The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

where do the 2 clone wars series' fit into the movie timeline?

Macetheace

has anyone figured out when the two clone wars series actually happen?

because the original clone wars cartoon network series seems to end eactly where episode 3 starts off... but .. we see an Anakin that hs just attained jeid knight and just passed his trials while Palapatine is fake captured which leads to the rescue mission of episode 3's start.

the clone wars second series though, has this long period of time wher ewe see a mature Anakain fighting as full Jedi Knight for quite a while before he goes darkside.

The Anakin personality portrayed in Episode 3 is much more inline with a novice just turned JEdi knight, at least as far as maturity is concerned. when you watch the second clone wars series, i t is very hard to reconcile the much more mature and battle seasoned Anakin with the foolish easily duped one in episode 3. in fact clone wars series 2 fits more the idea of anakin skywalker that Obi wan of episode 4 talks about.. i remember before the cgi clone wars series started (which was after episode 3 was released) i remember thinking there is no way the anakin i've seen in epsiode 1-3 and clone wars series 1 warrants the type of praise Obi wan gives in episode IV, but after 6 seasons of clone wars series 2, he certainly does.

So where is the continuity? My only guess is that, Clone wars series 2 actually takes place during Episode 3 but it doesn't add up from watching the movie you can't really see where a 6 year gap could fit in. any ideas?

unless the second Clone wars series takes place right before the last episode of the first clone ars series. So after Anakin has become a knight, but before he goes to Nelvaan and Grievious captures Palpatine.

yet Anakin's Episode 3 maturity is far less than what he exhibits in CW series 2 ... clone wars series 2 is the only series that actually portrays him as a serious warriro and not a petulant child, it's also the only series i feel that Anakin becomes totally likeable rather than a "hmm really not sure about this one" impression you get from Episode 2, CW series 1 and Episode 3

The two series are separate continuities that overlap; they both take place between E2 and E3. Neither is canon, but the second series is probably closer than the first.

I also disagree with your assessment of Anakin's age/progression in E3. This is based on the fact that he is looking to become a master jedi in E3. It is also made clear that he is one of the youngest in the history of the order to reach the rank of knight. From this it can be inferred that he has been a knight for some time.

Finally, realize that the events of the Clone Wars only spans a few years.

Edited by psandak

Neither is canon, but the second series is probably closer than the first.

neither is canon? wth? i thought all the movies and tv seires were officilaly the highest order of canon, and they go to great length to ensure there is continuity.. have i missed something? did this change recently?

I believe the point at which Anakin becomes a knight has been retconned. Now it is much earlier. To put the timeline into perspective the Battle of Christophsis (which is the context of the movie and the first episodes chronologically) takes place only 7 weeks after the Battle of Geonosis. The rest of the series follows from there. With the Battle of Sundari/Mandalore, one of the final episodes in Season 5, taking place in 20 BBY, a year before the war ends.

The Season 6 episodes, which involve uncovering Order 66 and what not probably take place in the final year. So basically TCW series takes us from start to finish and the 2003 series likely fills in gaps here and there.

I thought that the new series was supposed to take place in the middle of the 2003 series. In that one there is a montage going between Anakin's knighting and up to a planetary siege right before the battle of Coruscant, and I heard somewhere that the new series and the movie before it took place in that time-skip.

Could be wrong though. :p

neither is canon? wth? i thought all the movies and tv seires were officilaly the highest order of canon, and they go to great length to ensure there is continuity.. have i missed something? did this change recently?

You haven't. They are, or were. They are merging canon soon into one big equality. Either way, that guy is wrong. The Clone Wars show is canon.

The CGI Clone Wars is official Canon. The animated Clone Wars is not.

personally I prefered the CGI CW series,was more in tune with SW in feel and structure. The animated one was too DBZ for my liking.

The animated CW is canon still, just not all of it. It's still just around the time when Anakin is only a padawan, there isn't anything wrong with it.

The CGI Clone Wars is official Canon. The animated Clone Wars is not.

personally I prefered the CGI CW series,was more in tune with SW in feel and structure. The animated one was too DBZ for my liking.

The animated show is C-Canon. The CGI show is T-Canon.

Personally I thought the animated show was laughable crap, lol. But that's just my opinion. :p

The animated show is C-Canon. The CGI show is T-Canon.

Personally I thought the animated show was laughable crap, lol. But that's just my opinion. :p

T-Canon is more recent right? So now the new Rebels series could potentially out-canon The Force Unleashed if they contradict?

I found the first series to be better, and the fight between Anakin and Ventress in it amazing. Just as was said though, we all got opinions and tastes. :)

T-Canon is more recent right? So now the new Rebels series could potentially out-canon The Force Unleashed if they contradict?

I found the first series to be better, and the fight between Anakin and Ventress in it amazing. Just as was said though, we all got opinions and tastes. :)

TFU is already pretty much non-canon now, if we are to go by Greg's quote and also the fact we saw Shaak Ti die in the manner that Anakin killed her during the temple raid in a vision(or by Grevious, whichever really). But we shall see what comes of it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi