Barrel Roll

Unless they changed something lately, when I read the notes, the three components had their CD and Cost increased and the only components receiving half the nerf (cost only) was Power Dive.

PTS and datamined information say otherwise.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with the barrel roll nerf is this- it already feels very punishing to get around the map. While this will definitely make missiles more deadly (likely needed), the game actually risks losing some fun factor. I know I will feel absolutely enervated- I use barrel roll on everything except bombers, and to try the other components is punishing.

Boosting gets you around pretty fast too. You can set a scout or strike to boost for a very long time.

And they'll still be uncatchable. The barrel roll nerf changes absolutely nothing about that.

How can you say that, it changes everything. Now gunships have to boost for ten seconds longer and likely will be out of power well before the cooldown expires on barrell roll. Scouts should have no problem running them down now.

How can you say that, it changes everything. Now gunships have to boost for ten seconds longer and likely will be out of power well before the cooldown expires on barrell roll. Scouts should have no problem running them down now.

That's also a problem. It's no fun being anyone's cannon fodder.

I say that as a Scout pilot.

You'll still have trouble taking me down, but at least after the patch I, in my GS, won't be as able to evade 4 incoming strikes or scouts who've been chasing me... At least for long, cuz I'll have killed them quicker knowing my escape options have diminished

That's also a problem. It's no fun being anyone's cannon fodder.

I say that as a Scout pilot.

The Barrel Roll adjustment isn't going to make gunships cannon fodder, it's just going to lower their ridiculous ability to evade from one side of the map to the other. It will make them more vulnerable, but that's as it should be. Right now they have the extreme range, the extreme energy drain, the ability to run all over the map, and the ability to fight well up close with burst lasers. They do everything better than every other class.

Not saying they don't have weaknesses, but they have far more strengths than other classes do at the moment.